• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Which XSE special causes an earthquake in Emerald? I've tried all of the ones listed in diegoisawesome's tutorial, but they all just freeze the game. Here's an example of what I'm using:
    Spoiler:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Which XSE special causes an earthquake in Emerald? I've tried all of the ones listed in diegoisawesome's tutorial, but they all just freeze the game. Here's an example of what I'm using:
    Spoiler:

One problem, the vars thing you're doing, that's for Ruby/Sapphire. I don't believe FR HAS an Earthquake special, I mean think, did an Earthquake EVER happen in FR/LG? Also, if you check Jpan's study on the Special and Special2, he doesn't mention any specials that execute an Earthquake effect.
    So, you could either, not have an earthquake event(?) in your hack, or, ASM hack one of the specials. The former is much easier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone could help me with a small issue that I'm having. Not sure if it's related to the script that I'm trying to put in, or if the program is just trying to make my life hell.

I've created an event where a player gives you a Treecko, which is at Level 15. I typed all of this code, hit debug, hit compile, saved it, and then went into the game to test it, but the character didn't do anything when I tried to talk with it. Upon further investigation, I found out that the script had somehow reverted back from a 175 line script to 3 lines that do nothing. Could someone please explain to me what is going on?

Here is the script that I'm using. Most of the bits of the script are based off the event where you purchase a Magikarp.

Spoiler:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    So I wanna make a script that the outcome changes if you lose the battle. Sort of like if you win, the guy says "aww man" and runs away, and if you lose he says "you suck" and walks away. I know its something to do with trainerbattle 0x9 but that one has the proffesor Oak text, is there a way to take that out or have the outcome of the script change depending if you win or lose the battle. And also, does anyone know how mulitchoice in a script works. I know how to change the multichoice boxes, I just don't understand what to write if the player chooses one. Thanks :)

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
    Years
  • One problem, the vars thing you're doing, that's for Ruby/Sapphire. I don't believe FR HAS an Earthquake special, I mean think, did an Earthquake EVER happen in FR/LG? Also, if you check Jpan's study on the Special and Special2, he doesn't mention any specials that execute an Earthquake effect.
    So, you could either, not have an earthquake event(?) in your hack, or, ASM hack one of the specials. The former is much easier.

FireRed does in fact have an earthquake event, when you push all the stones in place at Sevault Canyon. But this is Emerald I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure there were some earthquake events in that game as well, though :P

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Does anybody know what script I have to call on Emerald when giving a pokemon to run the nickname giving process?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    FireRed does in fact have an earthquake event, when you push all the stones in place at Sevault Canyon. But this is Emerald I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure there were some earthquake events in that game as well, though :P
    I found this in one of the level scripts in Sky Pillar. I think this is what you want:
    setvar 0x8004 0x1
    setvar 0x8005 0x1
    setvar 0x8006 0x8
    setvar 0x8007 0x3
    special 0x138
    waitstate

Does anybody know what script I have to call on Emerald when giving a pokemon to run the nickname giving process?
    I would open the script for the Beldum gift event after the Elite Four and look at that. There should be a nickname giving process in there.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Okay great thanks I'll have a look!

Okay something abit tougher.

Is there a section of the Wildbattle command which toggles if the pokemon is shiny or not?

Last edited:
    Years
  • There is the Shinyzer tool, it's quite popular for shiny battles. Follow this tutorial on youtube and it should work:

/watch?v=5bCg8pJ12hk

Just remember to increment the asm offset Shinyzer generates by 0x1.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Back with what could possibly be a stupid question, but if I install Day and Night/RTC from DNS, is there any way I could use a script to check which time it is?
    And, would different Day/Night Pokémon require ASM?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Back with what could possibly be a stupid question, but if I install Day and Night/RTC from DNS, is there any way I could use a script to check which time it is?
    And, would different Day/Night Pokémon require ASM?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299436 hers a tut on using time based scripts.

And a question of me own:
    Whenever i use this script it gets to the yes/no and then no matter what i choose it freezes. Whats wrong? the asm offset if the shinyizer one.
    Spoiler:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299436 hers a tut on using time based scripts.

And a question of me own:
    Whenever i use this script it gets to the yes/no and then no matter what i choose it freezes. Whats wrong? the asm offset if the shinyizer one.
    Spoiler:

Uh, I can't REALLY see anything wrong, from a quick glance. One things for certain though:
    It should be "callasm 0x826D429" No 0x826D428.
    This is because when you callasm, you add 1 to the offset because its in Thumb.
    Other than that, I'm not that sure. Maybe write the script again and debug?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Uh, I can't REALLY see anything wrong, from a quick glance. One things for certain though:
    It should be "callasm 0x826D429" No 0x826D428.
    This is because when you callasm, you add 1 to the offset because its in Thumb.
    Other than that, I'm not that sure. Maybe write the script again and debug?
    Well i changed it like you said and that stoped it from freezing but it then did an infinate loop of asking if you wanted to buy it or not. SO i used the buy magikarp script thats already in the game and tweaked it to mah needs.

Years
  • why it keeps showing poke poke this instead of real words it works but it doesnt write what i want
    #org $pita
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $tal
    $tal 1 = here take this
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x44 0x99
    release
    end

pls tell me what am i doing wrong

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Code:
    #dynamic 0xE3CF64

#org @start
    checkflag 0x860
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    checkflag 0x861
    if 0x1 goto @pokemon
    msgbox @2 0x2
    end

#org @pokemon
    msgbox @3 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0x00 @move
    waitmovement @move
    msgbox @6 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    givepokemon 0x89 0x7 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @4 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    setflag 0x860
    msgbox @5 0x2
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @5 0x2
    release
    end

#org @1
    = \v\h01, we're going nowhere! \n The van's still broken, \l you should go and find my \l Pokedex and meet back here.

#org @2
    = You not found it yet?

#org @3
    = Ah there it is!, you should \n keep it, it's probably more use \lto you than me! \p Hmmm.... \p I have an idea. \pYou go into Mariniesco City and \llook for help, I'll give you \lmy Pokemon, let me find it...

#org @4
    = [blue_em] You received Porygon!

#org @5
    = There you go! I'll be here \l trying to fix the van!

#org @6
    = Take care of it please.

#org @move
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x02
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x15
    #raw 0x15
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0x0B
    #raw 0x3E
    #raw 0xFE

I keep getting a missing #define on Line 18 'waitmovement' line, I know it's a stupid mistake but I can't think what I could be missing!

EDIT: I tried removing the wait movement line and it worked, however in game I get the neverending weird character loop so SOMETHING's wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Code:
    #dynamic 0xE3CF64

#org @start
    checkflag 0x860
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    checkflag 0x861
    if 0x1 goto @pokemon
    msgbox @2 0x2
    end

#org @pokemon
    msgbox @3 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0x00 @move
    waitmovement @move
    msgbox @6 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    givepokemon 0x89 0x7 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @4 0x4
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    setflag 0x860
    msgbox @5 0x2
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @5 0x2
    release
    end

#org @1
    = \v\h01, we're going nowhere! \n The van's still broken, \l you should go and find my \l Pokedex and meet back here.

#org @2
    = You not found it yet?

#org @3
    = Ah there it is!, you should \n keep it, it's probably more use \lto you than me! \p Hmmm.... \p I have an idea. \pYou go into Mariniesco City and \llook for help, I'll give you \lmy Pokemon, let me find it...

#org @4
    = [blue_em] You received Porygon!

#org @5
    = There you go! I'll be here \l trying to fix the van!

#org @6
    = Take care of it please.

#org @move
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x02
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x15
    #raw 0x15
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x14
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0x0B
    #raw 0x3E
    #raw 0xFE

I keep getting a missing #define on Line 18 'waitmovement' line, I know it's a stupid mistake but I can't think what I could be missing!

EDIT: I tried removing the wait movement line and it worked, however in game I get the neverending weird character loop so SOMETHING's wrong.
    Ok first of all, you're using the waitmovement command wrong. You want to use waitmovement 0x0. Look at diegoisawesome's xse tutorial for more info. And second, you do NOT want to remove waitmovement after applymovement.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Ok first of all, you're using the waitmovement command wrong. You want to use waitmovement 0x0. Look at diegoisawesome's xse tutorial for more info. And second, you do NOT want to remove waitmovement after applymovement.

Thankyou So much! Compiled perfectly,

HOWEVER, I worked out that the reason for the weird characters is the Offset XSE is giving me (10002F4) is replaced by 0002F4 whenever I leave the map, replacing the script with an entirely different one!

I mean wtf.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Thankyou So much! Compiled perfectly,

HOWEVER, I worked out that the reason for the weird characters is the Offset XSE is giving me (10002F4) is replaced by 0002F4 whenever I leave the map, replacing the script with an entirely different one!

I mean wtf.
    I'm guessing you're using an expanded rom? From what I've heard, Advance Map 1.92 doesn't support offsets with 7 digits, and idk if there's a way around this. I'm pretty sure MEH will support expanded roms though, so just be a bit patient lol. And if you're using Emerald (you were hacking Emerald, if I recall correctly), there's a tutorial somewhere I found that gives you more free space. I'll see if I can find it.
    EDIT: Yep, found it: https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5742

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Yeah I expanded it under recommendation with the corruption risks and things. I could live with having to open up MEH to insert all my scripts haha,(Actually just realised MEH only supports warps currently) but I'll look at following the tutorial!

(I'm new to hacking, really, Scripting i'm beginning to understand but Hex editing is still uncharted territory for me)

thanks a lot for putting up with me, means a lot!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Yeah I expanded it under recommendation with the corruption risks and things. I could live with having to open up MEH to insert all my scripts haha,(Actually just realised MEH only supports warps currently) but I'll look at following the tutorial!

(I'm new to hacking, really, Scripting i'm beginning to understand but Hex editing is still uncharted territory for me)

thanks a lot for putting up with me, means a lot!
    There's no corruption risks with making more free space, the corruption thing is actually talking about the mistake people made years ago when they thought Emerald used 00 bytes instead of FF bytes for free space, which caused sound glitches if people used Advance Map with Emerald. The tutorial I gave you fixes that and gives you more free space. And once you create more free space, you could use Advance Map with the freed offsets for a while, until MEH becomes beta status lol. And I haven't been hacking that long either, I struggle to make really big scripts sometimes haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back