• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hey everybody.
    I have some problem with a tile script.
    (Sadly I can't post a picture yet, because it says it's a link)

Situation:
    When I walk on the Tile Script the person with the Person-Nr. 5 shall go a few steps right.
    I place the Tilescript an the Person Nr. 5. But when I enter the Tile, nothing happens.

Script:
    Spoiler:

On the Tilescript I set the Var-Number to 4050,the Var-Value I left on 0000, just as it was and I entered the Script-Offset that XSE gave me for this ($801E37).

On the Person or the Person-scriopt itself I changed nothing.

What am I doing wrong? :/

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    @scar
    Does it freeze or just do nothing, allowing you to step over the spot?

Do you have any other scripts that use variable 4050?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    @scar
    Does it freeze or just do nothing, allowing you to step over the spot?

Do you have any other scripts that use variable 4050?

Hi,
    It just let me walk over it.
    I personally haven't used it. This would be my first Tilescript.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hi,
    It just let me walk over it.
    I personally haven't used it. This would be my first Tilescript.

You're missing a waitmovement, the raws are placed wrong, it is just the number after applymovement not '0x[number]' and no lock needed.

Corrected:

Spoiler:

Try that.

Years
  • You're missing a waitmovement, the raws are placed wrong, it is just the number after applymovement not '0x[number]' and no lock needed.

Corrected:

Spoiler:

Try that.

Actually, his method of the raws is correct, too.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Actually, his method of the raws is correct, too.

Then I think it was because of the 0x in front of the applymovement, because if there is no reconized person event number it'll just do nothing, like he said. Unless thats allowed too..

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    @all
    thank you so much for your help! And especially Pokemew, your code worked! Thank you so much! :)

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I am trying to make this work on a script tile (those green tiles with a yellow S on them in advanced map) but it isnt working and I need the heroes id please thank you
    baz {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

applymovement 0xFF @move

The player is 0xFF :) the reason your script isn't working is the same as the last one - you need to fill in the variable data in AMap and probably put a setvar command in your script. Check out Karatekid's Flags, Variables and script tiles tutorial for further details. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hey everyone.
    I'd like to ask if its possible to make an applymovement script that moves 9 persons at the same time?

I tried this and it worked, but the Sprites did their actions one after one.

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Your 'waitmovement' commands are what is stopping it. Get rid of all the waitmovements you have and add waitmovement 0x0 at the end instead.

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
    Years
  • The player is 0xFF :) the reason your script isn't working is the same as the last one - you need to fill in the variable data in AMap and probably put a setvar command in your script. Check out Karatekid's Flags, Variables and script tiles tutorial for further details. ^^
    Sorry Im quite new and I don't understand what you mean could you please provide an example?

Years
  • Oh, I just realized your mistake! You're using Signpost scripts! Use the Green 'S'
    And, then, let me correct your script:
    Spoiler:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Please help me with this level script. It works on entering the map but when it's finished it does the 'this is a test message, this is a signpost' thing. The movements end in raw FE (you cant see that here).

Spoiler:

Years
  • Please help me with this level script. It works on entering the map but when it's finished it does the 'this is a test message, this is a signpost' thing. The movements end in raw FE (you cant see that here).

Spoiler:

That's odd, I don't see any signpost message box commands. And, are you using XSE? I think yours is outdated. You can get the recent version by clicking the XSE link on my signature.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Uh I'd just like to ask as I've seen this said by no one else that I've passed.
    Everyone gives tutorials and such for XSE(which I use and I'm sure I have the most current release, just can't recall what it's called atm) and they all look different from the scripts that are all in my ROMs.

Spoiler: What Others' Say
    @org #800000
    Lock/lockall
    Msgbox 0x6 @hello
    Release/releaseall
    End

@org @hello
    Hi.

(Or something like that)
    Spoiler: What my FR 1.1, 1.0 and Emerald versions say
    '-----------
    #org 0x(offset)
    Msgbox 0x8123456 '"Hi."
    End

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x123456
    = Hi.

I have no idea what could be different... Unless everyone says things differently from what they look like in XSE but no one told me.....

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Uh I'd just like to ask as I've seen this said by no one else that I've passed.
    Everyone gives tutorials and such for XSE(which I use and I'm sure I have the most current release, just can't recall what it's called atm) and they all look different from the scripts that are all in my ROMs.

Spoiler: What Others' Say
    @org #800000
    Lock/lockall
    Msgbox 0x6 @hello
    Release/releaseall
    End

@org @hello
    Hi.

(Or something like that)
    Spoiler: What my FR 1.1, 1.0 and Emerald versions say
    '-----------
    #org 0x(offset)
    Msgbox 0x8123456 '"Hi."
    End

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x123456
    = Hi.

I have no idea what could be different... Unless everyone says things differently from what they look like in XSE but no one told me.....

Open XSE, goto options>decompile options, untick comments and tick refactoring, then apply and reopen the script. It's really no different, it's just by default I believe XSE turns on commenting.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    That's odd, I don't see any signpost message box commands. And, are you using XSE? I think yours is outdated. You can get the recent version by clicking the XSE link on my signature.

Ok yeah I was but the message box commands are just the callstd 0xX instead of masgbox 0xX but that's not the problem, the text works fine. The game freezes at the end of the script.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back