• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Right Click the file when it's saved as an .rbc file. You should have an option called Compile Script. Click it, it should work.

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
When you save it in Notepad, go to all files and save it as Filename.rbc

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
What do you mean? Do you mean that button that you press by opening it?

And did you check those tutorials I showed you?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello everyone. It has been quite a while since I made a long script.

Well now, I have a question about a script I just made for a certain event in my hack.

1. How can I make a trainer ballte script command again..? Was it..,
Code:
trainerbattle 1 007 $before $after $then
Is the code correct? :/

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2011
Hey destinedjagold, I've just searched this thread and here's a post that should help you:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3084032&highlight=trainerbattle#post3084032

A little word of advice for you. If I get a script to work, I save an example script for future reference. This way, it's easy to find and I know that it works. Maybe if more people done this, there would be less need to relate back to questions that have already been asked.

Another thing you could have done was to search this thread, as I did.

I'm not trying to sound funny about this, I just don't like to see the same question's asked over again.

Anyways, I hope this helps with your script!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My laptop died and all the scripts I made were dead and that's why I'm asking around, but thanks anyways. :D

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
@ ~*Pikafan*~

I checked the mails but I didn't find the answer.

Here again my question :
I have got a little problem.
If I open the rom (.gba file) in Buf Rite, the program hang on!
Can someone help me?
--> I mean the book icon button in Buf Rite were you can search and open batch files.

Years
Hello
can someone explain me how to make a script,
like this I want the script to don't let you through untill you have been somewhere.
Like the old man script in viridian city.
Thanks.

Years
Hello
can someone explain me how to make a script,
like this I want the script to don't let you through untill you have been somewhere.
Like the old man script in viridian city.
Thanks.

To do that, you're gonna have to use flags..when you're trying to get to the next place (like the oldman in viridian city), in the script, it is a command at the beginning witch is called Checkflag, that checks if that flag is set, for an example,
#org $begin
checkflag 0x200 \\This checks if flag 0x200 is set, if true, then it will goto ..-
if 1 goto $done // -..the offset $done.
release
end
to set a flag, u have this in a script:
setflag 0x<number> example setflag 0x200, now that sets the flag 0x200
when that flag is set, you can gain accsess to the place (like in old man script in viridian city)
and to clear a flag, simply use this command in a script: clearflag 0x<number>

also, when a flag is set, u can't use it again, only if you "cleared" it..

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. can sombody help me with the script i posted earlyer please? also is it possible to read how many times a flag has been set?

thanks in advance
link

Years
To do that, you're gonna have to use flags..when you're trying to get to the next place (like the oldman in viridian city), in the script, it is a command at the beginning witch is called Checkflag, that checks if that flag is set, for an example,
#org $begin
checkflag 0x200 \\This checks if flag 0x200 is set, if true, then it will goto ..-
if 1 goto $done // -..the offset $done.
release
end
to set a flag, u have this in a script:
setflag 0x<number> example setflag 0x200, now that sets the flag 0x200
when that flag is set, you can gain accsess to the place (like in old man script in viridian city)
and to clear a flag, simply use this command in a script: clearflag 0x<number>

also, when a flag is set, u can't use it again, only if you "cleared" it..

Thanks..:D I understand now..:D

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
I have a question about movement scripts. When you make a movement happen, if the person isn't removed from the screen (as in Disappear in the command 0x60 or have a flag set to make them disappear) but they walk off of it, will they return to their original spot? Or is there a command that does that? Because I was going to make a script where some guy takes you to the lab and then walks away, him returning back to his original spot.

Last edited:

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
Years
Script help

Ok i don't use irish witches compiler.... (Have no idea how to just yet 0.o)
Anyways i have been using scriptED.. i have a script that works but i would like to add something to it....as in blah blah blah was added to the pokedex so on so forth.Well here is my script so far;

#org 0x800200
message 0x800400
boxset 0x06
givepokemon 25 100 0
end
#org 0x800300
= Take this pikachu!

1) What would i put and where for it to stop saying here take a pikachu and say something else?
2)How would i make it stop giving me level 100 pikachu's?
3)How would i make it say (And show the page) "Pikachu was added to the pokedex"

Any help for that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Oh and that is the script i made and it works..I think it is just a little empty.

Years
I have a question about movement scripts. When you make a movement happen, if the person isn't removed from the screen (as in Disappear in the command 0x60 or have a flag set to make them disappear) but they walk off of it, will they return to their original spot? Or is there a command that does that? Because I was going to make a script where some guy takes you to the lab and then walks away, him returning back to his original spot.

Well if you remove them without setting a flag, when the screen is "reset"(if you walked to another map and come back) the person will return to the original position.

You probably could have just tried it in an empty rom and see if it works, that way you wouldn't have had to wait for a response.

Ok i don't use irish witches compiler.... (Have no idea how to just yet 0.o)
Anyways i have been using scriptED.. i have a script that works but i would like to add something to it....as in blah blah blah was added to the pokedex so on so forth.Well here is my script so far;

#org 0x800200
message 0x800400
boxset 0x06
givepokemon 25 100 0
end
#org 0x800300
= Take this pikachu!

1) What would i put and where for it to stop saying here take a pikachu and say something else?
2)How would i make it stop giving me level 100 pikachu's?
3)How would i make it say (And show the page) "Pikachu was added to the pokedex"

Any help for that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Oh and that is the script i made and it works..I think it is just a little empty.

Read Christos'/Semele(Not sure what the name is on the tutorial) scripting Tutorial. They're there to teach you how to do these things. Read the tutorial and you'll find the answers to these questions.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. does anybody know the command that gets the sprite off the screen. i think its something like

raw 0x83
raw 0x?? 0x(people no.)
raw 0x??

thanks in advance
link

EDIT: nevermind. thanks stead573

EDIT2: Can sombody tell me if this part of script will do what i want:

i want it to check for an item. if i have 1 or more then it goes to $????. if i have non then it continues

checkitem 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 1
if B_>> goto $????

thanks in advance
link

Last edited:

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
Years
ok... can some one make script where it locks your player there, people event number 1 moves down 10 spaces turns left the walks 1 and talks to you and just put ........... where i can type what they say, then make them battle using team rocket grunt with a lvl 5 koffing.

just PM it to me plz...

thankyou...

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
I just started scripting and now i'm addicted!!! can anyone tell me what's wrong with this script?:

Code:
#org $StarHop
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0 goto $NeedDex
checkflag 0x828
if 1 goto $TakeCare
message $GetHop
$GetHop 1 = Ow, my back!\pExcuse me.\pWould you take care of Hoppip for me\lme?
callstd 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 goto $DontHop
givepokemon 187 5 0
jingle
message $GotHop
$GotHop 1 = You recieved a Hoppip!
setflag 0x828
message $NamePoke
$NamePoke 1 = Well of course you want to name it.
namepokemon
message $BeGood
$BeGood 1 = Be good to Hoppip now, ya here!

#org $NeedDex
message $NeedDex
$NeedDex 1 = Did you know that a friend of mine\lhas an old Pokedex that he doesn't\nneed anymore?\lYou should pay him a visit.
callstd 6
release
end

#org $DontHop
message $DontHop
$DontHop 1 = Fine, don't help an old man in need.\lHumph!
callstd 6
release
end

#org $TakeCare
message $TakeCare
$TakeCare 1 = Take care of your Pokemon, and\lyourself!
callstd 6
release
end

By the way, I'm using Firered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back