• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Prof 9: I think that the main script (the one at 0xE3CFB9) is getting overwritten by the next closest script (the one at 0xE3CFF2), I don't think you have enough space there.

Hedgehogger: I found the problem at the script, you have an error at the applymovement command at 0x800E70, which is applymovement 0xSprite 0xMovement

I'll try to remember the two requests, but I'll do something when I have a little more time (in the meantime, if someone else wants to help... :))

Years
  • Prof 9: I think that the main script (the one at 0xE3CFB9) is getting overwritten by the next closest script (the one at 0xE3CFF2), I don't think you have enough space there.
    No, no, the beginning of the next closest script is exactly 1 byte away from the end of the main script. I inserted the script first, with every offset 100 bytes higher than the previous one, then re-pointed everything to make more room for other scripts. I did that because Emerald doesn't have as much free space as the other Pokémon games.

EDIT: I'll give you the script properties in AdvanceMap, maybe the problem's there...

Map: Littleroot Town (of course I changed the name and map. I also resized it to 50x50 tiles.) (or maybe I shouldn't use the Littleroot map?)
    Event no.: 7
    Flag Value: 03 [-] 00
    Flag Number: 50 [-] 40
    Unknown: 00 [-] 00
    Unknown: 00 [-] 00
    Script Offset: *script offset, with the $ in front*
    Maybe I have to use another flag (I used the Littleroot City's fat guy's flag. I also tried using a different flag, from an item script (you know, a regular Item Ball))?

EDIT2: Remember, it's for Pokémon Emerald!

Last edited:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • I was wondering how you would go about setting up a rival battle script, for firered.

i know it would need a movement set up then an engage trainerbattle and then make him walk away after...and u would need more than one movement set up since the path is bigger than one space...

if someone could show me at least an outline that i could follow, that would be so helpful...

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Would this Sudowoodo script work as the one in Gold?

#org 0x800000
    cry PKMN_SUDOWOODO
    wildbattle 0xB9 0x24 0x3
    end

I would recommend trying "cry 0xA1 0xB9" in place of cry PKMN_SUDOWOODO. And, make the 0x3 into 0x0...unless you want a Wildbattle with Regi music against a Sudowoodo.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • To Prof.9: Are you sure the "if/goto" really works? (I don't know since I usually use if/jump), probably it's a flag problem, or perhaps you put the setflag command in a place in the script where it cannot set the flag (I don't know how Emerald behaves, really)

can someone make this script for me?

oh hello can you help me, my husband is stuck in the rock of luciva city. Can you bring me to him ?
    YES : (she walks after your 8 times left, 8 times up ,5 times left.
    Oh thank you very much here take this (you get a nugget
    (they walk all 1 down and right never to return again)
    NO: Please if you find him say it to me

for pokescript.

All of this script is just a guess, because the script would also depend on where the hero's placed when talking to the woman, and because there are many things I can't write in a script without knowing the game more in deep (that's why people should learn to script, rather than asking for scripts :P)
    By the way... I didn't understand what's that walking after saying yes... Most likely this script will be a waste...

Spoiler:

probably you'd also need a clearflag command if you want to show up the woman where the other person is, and that would also mean that you'd need a setflag command in some other script in order to make the woman not showing up close to the person at the begin of all of this.

I tried to answer. But the script and its variants may be a little hard if you don't know much about scripting yet...

Hi I need a Script about a double battle with Jessie'n'James. Youre supposed to talk to jessie then she sais "Who are you? Doesnt matter dont disturb us"-(there it ends) when you talk to her again she say "Do you really want to get hurt?" -No: "Then get away!" -YES:"Then your wish is my law" then a batlle with her and james start. After the battle she says"Okay fine! We go then." then they disappears.

I cant script at all so thats why I need your help.
    Plz help me someone!

EDIT: MEOWTH is with them he needs to Disappear too. Jessie is event 1E / 14 James is event 1F / 15 and Meowth is event 11/16

Just remember that if you want to make them disappear you also need to use Advance Map for a warping spot, and for adding the sprites you want to erase the flag "Disappear" in their People ID value.

Spoiler:

I was wondering how you would go about setting up a rival battle script, for firered.

i know it would need a movement set up then an engage trainerbattle and then make him walk away after...and u would need more than one movement set up since the path is bigger than one space...

if someone could show me at least an outline that i could follow, that would be so helpful...

It usually is something like this

#org 0xStart
    applymovement 0xSpritePeopleNumber 0xMovement1
    pause 0xTime1
    message 0xPreBattle
    boxset 0x2
    #raw 0x5C
    trainerbattle 0x9 0xPETID 0x0 0xVictory 0xDefeat
    setflag 0xDisappear
    message 0xPostBattle
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0xSpritePeopleNumber 0xMovement2
    pause 0xTime2
    end

SpritePeopleNumber: You get it from Advance Map after clicking the trainer's sprite
    PETID: You get it from the PET program, so you can specify which battle will occur

Obviously, trainer scripts can get as harder as you want...

That's all. Being really specific, and very clear when writing what you want the script to do always helps :)

magnetflygon

Begginner Rom Hacker
    Years
    • US
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    I wanted to know if I could get a sign script for Emerald, I never saw a script for a sign in the tutorial.

Years
  • To Prof.9: Are you sure the "if/goto" really works? (I don't know since I usually use if/jump), probably it's a flag problem, or perhaps you put the setflag command in a place in the script where it cannot set the flag (I don't know how Emerald behaves, really)
    Thanks, ok, i'll try using if/jump.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work at all...

EDIT2:
    or perhaps you put the setflag command in a place in the script where it cannot set the flag
    How do you mean, can you explain?

EDIT3:
    I wanted to know if I could get a sign script for Emerald, I never saw a script for a sign in the tutorial.
    I guess you just need a simple message script for that...
    a fish stick said:
    #org 0x[your script offset]
    lock {though I don't know if you need that}
    message 0x[your message offset]
    boxset 0x4
    release {though I don't know if you need that}
    end

#org 0x[your message offset]
    = Hello, I am a sign.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    Can someone make me a script that makes someone (I am going to use the guy in LittleRoot that says something about Proff. Birch) give you a Pokemon( Cyndaquil) once, and once you have it, he says " How is that Cyndaquil doing?" Thanks! Oh, and once the script is made, can someone tell me how to put it in the game? The scripting program I use is the ne called ScriptEd that comes with EliteMap. Can someone telll me EVERY step in putting the script into the guy? By every step, I mean from loading it in ScriptEd aqnd to playing the game to see if it works. Thanks once again!

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • And I still have my unanswered question. I'll quote myself.
    I actually have a simple scripting question. For some reason, the compare lastresult doesn't work in this script. What's supposed to happen is that when you talk to this person, it will check if you have two pokemon. If you do, the person will battle you in a double battle. If not, It will do a single battle. I already made the person twice in Pet. One as a single battle (0x0EB), and as a double battle (0x0F5). But it always just goes to the single battle. Here's the script. If anyone has an answer, that would be great.

Code:
    #org $battle
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 2
    if B_true goto $double
    trainerbattle 0 0x0EB $s1 $e1
    message $win
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $double
    trainerbattle 0 0x0F5 $s1 $e1
    message $win
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $s1
    $s1 1 = You! Are you a TEAM ROCKET\nassociate?

#org $e1
    $e1 1 = Hmm! I guess you're not...

#org $win
    $win 1 = Sorry about that. I just got\nconfused.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Can someone make me a script that makes someone (I am going to use the guy in LittleRoot that says something about Proff. Birch) give you a Pokemon( Cyndaquil) once, and once you have it, he says " How is that Cyndaquil doing?" Thanks! Oh, and once the script is made, can someone tell me how to put it in the game? The scripting program I use is the ne called ScriptEd that comes with EliteMap. Can someone telll me EVERY step in putting the script into the guy? By every step, I mean from loading it in ScriptEd aqnd to playing the game to see if it works. Thanks once again!

Well, here's a GivePokemon script I have that you can use as a base:
    Spoiler:
    You may want to change some of the stuff in the script.

Although some people don't need to, a reason ScriptED may not work for many is because it doesn't see the file extension. To make it see it, in a folder, go to View> Folder Options> View, and turn off the "hide filetype extensions" box.

1. Make the said script and save it as InsertNameHere.rbc.

2. Make sure the script and your ROM have no spaces in the name

3. Open ScriptED, then open the script from there, and hit compile, and select your ROM. If it worked properly, a window with a ton of programming language should come up. Close it afterward.

4. Open Advance Map and go to the map where the person is, change the person's offset to the first offset in the script, and save the map.

5. Now, use your Emulator and open your ROM, and go to the person you've just edited.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    Ok, so far so good. I have to start a new game, because I messed the person's original script up before I did this and he won't say anything at all. Also, I can't load any new saved files, because VBA says that there is an erro when loading it, There is a patch for it, but when I go to the link posted in the Hack's showcase( under playing the hacks) the page never loads.

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
    Years
  • give pikachu

#ORG $givePikachu
    Lock
    Faceplayer
    message $msgGivePikachu
    $msgGivePikachu 1 = Ancho: You need a pokemon for protection, here's one.
    boxset BOXSET_NORMAL
    givepokemon PKMN_PIKACHU 5 0
    jingle
    message $msgGotPikachu
    $msgGotPikachu 1 = You Recieved a Pikachu
    boxset BOXSET_NORMAL
    message $msgNamePikachu
    $msgNamePikachu 1 = Would you like to give Pikachu a name?
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_True call $namePikachu
    Release
    setflag MENU_PARTY
    fadescreen 0
    end

#ORG $namePikachu
    Namepokemon
    return

i get the pikachu but i want the guy to disappear but he wont i don't know why can u help me.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • #ORG $givePikachu
    Lock
    Faceplayer
    message $msgGivePikachu
    $msgGivePikachu 1 = Ancho: You need a pokemon for protection, here's one.
    boxset BOXSET_NORMAL
    givepokemon PKMN_PIKACHU 5 0
    jingle
    message $msgGotPikachu
    $msgGotPikachu 1 = You Recieved a Pikachu
    boxset BOXSET_NORMAL
    message $msgNamePikachu
    $msgNamePikachu 1 = Would you like to give Pikachu a name?
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_True call $namePikachu
    Release
    setflag MENU_PARTY
    fadescreen 0
    end

#ORG $namePikachu
    Namepokemon
    return

i get the pikachu but i want the guy to disappear but he wont i don't know why can u help me.

put in a 'setflag 0x[flag number] and put that as the person's id code in advance map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    When i do those steps, and then play the game in VBA, the person won't say anything when I talk to him, He ignores me! Help please!

Years
  • I need help

me and a couple of my friends are into hacking, but its complicated! plus I am making a hack of Pokemon Ruby (being discussed on Glitch City Labs forums). I was wondering if somebody could write us a guide on how to script edit, comeplete with how to make almost any kind of event happen. I have seen some of the scripts in pokemon ruby and it looks really complicated! we at least want to know how to make scripts for item balls, people that give items and pokemon ect. help us please?

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Hello.

me and a couple of my friends are into hacking, but its complicated! plus I am making a hack of Pokemon Ruby (being discussed on Glitch City Labs forums). I was wondering if somebody could write us a guide on how to script edit, comeplete with how to make almost any kind of event happen. I have seen some of the scripts in pokemon ruby and it looks really complicated! we at least want to know how to make scripts for item balls, people that give items and pokemon ect. help us please?

Hey newbe. Welcome to the world of hacking. It's not as hard as you think. This Community has a tutorial and documents part with many examples and tutorials all about scripting. I got all I know up to now of this pages and I'm making a hack too. Just read the tutorials and documents and posts.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • me and a couple of my friends are into hacking, but its complicated! plus I am making a hack of Pokemon Ruby (being discussed on Glitch City Labs forums). I was wondering if somebody could write us a guide on how to script edit, comeplete with how to make almost any kind of event happen. I have seen some of the scripts in pokemon ruby and it looks really complicated! we at least want to know how to make scripts for item balls, people that give items and pokemon ect. help us please?

And whenever you need help, you can always ask. There are many people here who know exactly what they're doing [me? I guess so] and will be glad to help.

PocketPika

Quiet Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    hey. i want a script were after you defeat the Pewter Gym leader he walks out of the gym but since i have never made a script before i was thinking that one of you guys could make me one

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    How can I edit a script that was already in the ROM before I hacked it? I use Advance Map, but I have Elite Map. Thanks!

In a givepokemon script, what do you change for each pokemon?

EDIT by FG: Posts merged. do NOT double post. Read the rules before you post again.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back