• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

seasons return

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    do seasons as Spring
    Summer
    Fall
    Winter

return in this game

pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire

do not have them

i like to see those return

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It'd probably be too much effort, especially for a system that's only good for novelty.

Years
    We don't have concrete evidence yet, but I feel Game Freak likely intended it to be a Unova-only feature and that generation was six years ago now so it's getting more unlikely, especially when you consider where this new region for 7th Gen is based on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    If they did, seems like the worst possible region to do it for. The average temperature difference between summer and winter in Hawaii is like, 5 degrees F.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I'd love to see them return! But in more detail than before. They were super boring in Gen 5.

You're taking about a game where we fight with magical monsters. It doesn't need to make sense, imo.
    That doesn't mean they won't try to have it make sense in obvious places. Forget "make sense" if you want. The return of seasons in a tropical region would be really awkward no matter how you slice it.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I think we'll see seasons again, if not with Sun/Moon then eventually. I think it's the natural progression to a day/night system. Judging by the way some Pokemon evolve EVERY generation (especially with the actual scientific idea of evolution and how it works), and how most regions tend to have a single location with much different weather than the rest of the region, it seems like they've been playing with different ways to implement seasonal weather; it's just not a priority feature.
    The games could use a more time-lapsed way of showing progress so it doesn't feel like the whole Pokemon League took a couple of days in-game. I'm sure they're just waiting for a console that could handle changing seasons, a region where it would make more sense than Hawaii, and a better way of implementing it before they make it a higher priority feature.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I work for GameFreak and we ain't puttin' seasons in the game sorry fam

Back