• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seasons

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Most things that are affected by the clock changing can be reset if the DS's clock is left alone for 24 hours. What you really ruin is Black City and White Forest. (At least, that's all I could find for an answer to that from searching online and checking the game's manual.)

With the seasons, I wasn't really bothered by them changing. If there was something that I wanted to get that was only available in a particular season, I learned to live without it.

I did like that they made the Unova region feel a little more alive. Having the seasons change showed how nature affected people and Pokemon, which I thought was a nice touch for the story. So I'm glad that they were around only for these games.

walnut3072

Quan
    Years
  • I love seeing every single area in the game changes their appearance in each season. Hope they'd bring this feature back in PKM Sun&Moon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • This was a great feature, and even Deerling made this change relevant! It was a great new way to capture Pokemon.

My favorite season would be winter. Just because my girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas 2 years ago and when I started to play it, it was set for the winter season =)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Personally my fav season is spring because of how nice the colours are. What I find strange is why they didn't impliment more wether effects for the seasons. Depending on the area tailwind(or hail)/sun for spring, rain/sun for summer, rain/fog(or tailwind) for autumn and hail/fog for winter.

Also swarms should have been changed to migrating seasonal pokemon that all appear at different parts of the map and change location every few days. That way you still have to search for the swarm but you can get all seasonal pokemon in 1 day if you search hard enough.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I always thought the Seasons feature was pretty nifty. Deerling/Sawsbuck made this addition even more relevant, although I never used one. I think making it so specific items and Pokemon can only be found a specific time of year made it all the more exciting for it to actually change seasons in the game. The changing seasons gave the game a feeling of realism. Though I did wish it coincided with the actual calendar the game was purchased.

Years
  • It reminded me of how Harvest Moon did their year, I just wish the seasons in the Pokemon game change the in-game year to make it more realistic. Unless it is a clue to the game's planet orbit.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A novelty that wore off quickly. Glad they took it out. Being locked out of certain things just because of the month was bad no matter how you look at it.

Back