• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sending a carrier pigeon to all my discord friends

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    hello friends discord is (was) down, how are you coping

do you have other ways of reaching your (typically) discord-only friends?

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    hello friends discord is (was) down, how are you coping

do you have other ways of reaching your (typically) discord-only friends?

I have exactly one discord friend on Snapchat and I don't use Snapchat so thankfully I am completely shut off from the discord community when it's down…. true bliss

Years
    No :'(

I used to have cell numbers of close friends but I don't anymore. If Discord is down then chaos ensues.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have 2 of my online friends on Messenger and Whatsapp, I talk to them there more than Discord by far. I think I have other people from PC on other platforms outside Whatsapp and Messenger too but I wouldn't think to contact them there since we never DM there. I never fully switched over to Discord as a messaging platform, at least 1 on 1 so it doesn't affect me when it's down. The downtime is only a few hours so I feel fine waiting it out but if there was some permanent outage I'd have no issue switching over to something else. I guess I wouldn't be comfortable giving out real life social media to people I haven't seen/can trust they are who they say but I'm sure VMs or some other chatroom could work as an alternative if other people were down. Or god forbid Skype :D

Years
    • Online now
    While I'm not into the discord side of things, I did give out my personal number to a friend on pokecommunity so we could call or text, and eventually we had each other on social media.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I don't use Discord often. Don't care to. Never will, don't see the hype. Because it uses a dark interface, it hurts my eyes, so I can't be bothered to, so eh. If people want to contact me, just use Twitter or something.

Years
    Not really no. It helps though that I have very few Discord-only friends. A lot of them I see regularly in this forum, Steam, and or Twitter, while others are irl friends so it's all good.

Back