• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serena look better with --

Serena look better with

• Total voters
Years
  • I like Serena best with short hair because it looks cute to me? And I do agree she could pull of any hairstyle. Though... I don't know how I'd think of her in twin-tails. @_@

...Also, what's with all these irrelevant anime girls being posted in here to "imagine" her in other non Pokemon outfits?

Likely because he's trying to show hairstyles she may look nice in. But anyways, the short hair makes her even more adorable. Serena was already a cute character to begin with but the haircut just made the cuteness even more attractive and that's what I enjoy about her.

people are cute with long hair and short hair alike. serena is cute with long and short alike. i prefer her short hair- it suits her newfound freedom and passion. when she cut it off she separated herself from her past failure and attempts to be someone who she is not. that's awesome. i love it.

i would like to see it grown out a bit, over time. i would like to see it temporarily styled differently, because guess what! short hair can be styled! but i like it short and i don't really care if you don't.

I loved both of her designs, they were cute but you know I do admit to liking her with short hair better but I guess it's because I wear short hair myself. The fact she did the haircut to try and be a better Performer and also put the past behind her was definitely well-thought thinking by the writers when it came to her character development.

Just look at the games where you can give her lots of different looks, it's why she always looks good in literally any hairstyle or clothing. Her new outfit also has more colour variety and makes her stand out, because if you look at the original outfit it only really prominently featured three colours - black, red and pink (and also white on her collar) while the new design sticks to the same colours (although a much lighter pink for her dress) but also throws in blue (the ribbon) and brown (the boots).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like Serena with long hair best since she childish out with short hair.
    When she had long hair she looked more grown up but in short hair she looked more child like.

Years
  • I like Serena with long hair best since she childish out with short hair.
    When she had long hair she looked more grown up but in short hair she looked more child like.

The thing to note with her new outfit is that it does look more grown-up in various aspects. Especially the hat, coat and the boots. If Piks was responding to this right now he would agree with me here.

pkmin3033

I prefer her with short hair; it makes her look more mature, at least to my eyes. The ponytail looks a little strange to me. That said, I definitely prefer her old outfit over her new one, which is just a general mess and fashion disaster.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    I love her old outfit; it looks really fashionable. I'm not too fond of her new outfit but her short hair is as nice as when it was once long.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It always feel like that Serena would cuter if her hair was slightly more longer and denser.
    Its like her hair is just too short to make her look cute.
    Like this girl--
    42792.jpg

This girl seem to have identical hairstyle as Serena except Her hair is Longer and has different Bangs.
    Off course , It shouldn't take more then 2 or 3 month for Serena's hair to reach that long . However This is Anime So Serena need to disappear for One or two episode to reappear with longer hair.
    May be , Serena goes for "Special training" and come back with new hairstyle.
    After all , Serena can't just appear with Longer hair unlike Jessie who's hair was cut 2 time but it regrow back to normal within One episode.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • d951d34fec0a31cc69c5afb92d4203b7329a77c8_hq.gif

I love short hair on Serena, it looks so cute and elegant. They did a really good job on her bangs which is another thing I love about her short hair design. I don't really care too much for the design of her long hair because of how it grows out. I still think she looks fine either way, but short hair sort of attenuates what I'm not too fond of with her long hair, and I think it just really fits her too. She would look amazing with long hair if it grew out differently and she kept her fringe the same, but this is just my personal opinion.

I still think she looks absolutely adorable in some of her long hair styles though.

tumblr_inline_mut8ing1og1r03dsk.jpg

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think I prefer her short hair. I just dislike the red coat thing she wears with it.

That Red coat is the worst thing about Serena's new outfit.
    I mean , What is it ? Is it a Coat or a Scarf ? How it even attach to her outfit ?
    How does she even wear that cloth ? It look more like an apron then a outfit.
    Plus with this Red hat , Serena doesn't look as cute as she suppose too.
    Serena can at least dump that outfit and wear something "Smart" , "Casual" & "realistic"!

Also , If Serena's hairstyle does change before the next XY&Z movie then I hope she will NOT go back to her old hairstyle and ditch that hat.
    Instate , She should have new hair style like A "Small Bun" or "Twin-tail" !
    Something like this --
    Spoiler:

Can you believe this girl only exist on Pika Fannon ???
    Anyway , This look will be totally realistic for Serena since a person hair grow all the time and it doesn't even need a Time skip .
    Suppose , Serena decide to train in Battle Maison and return with this hair-style & new tough personality similar to her XY001 self or Y-chan ! I mean , Serena from XY001 didn't hesitate to attack her Mother Fletchling unlike the current Gentle Serena.
    I learn an important lesson that A girl personality can affect her Beauty ! That why Y-chan (PokeSpe) look so much more attractive then Serena because she has a tough personality combine with her sweet nature !
    So , I think Serena should stop acting like Ash's fangirl ! She's not the only childhood friend to have huge crush and she won't be the last.
    Her personality need to go to the point where she can be demanding to Ash and also straighten him up when he become carefree and nonchalant.
    Even May able to do that even though she was much weaker then Serena .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I love Serena in her high pony. I wish in XY, that hairstyle was available. I don't like the XY pony style nearly as much.

I love her short hair cut, just not on her. I think it'd be cuter on someone with a different style (Serena seems to dress trendy-feminine, I think that particular shorter cut would be better on either a rough-n-tough girl or a girl with more sterotypically 'nerdy' clothes, like a loose sweater vest and bobby pins in her hair.)
    Like, for Serenas short hair they should have done a more typical sleek bob that flares and and then curves in at the bottom, like the one on the girl Famon posted but with a more kempt fringe.

And I don't like the super low pony she originally has. I think I'd prefer it down.

Years
  • I love her short hair cut, just not on her.

I feel like many others feel the same way, but I do at least love how in some episodes her hair is drawn with a bit of waviness to it, and I feel like that captures her beauty and shows that even with the short hair she can still make it look beautiful.

Serena look better in here--
    serena_in_the_new_ending__6__by_the_p3nguin-d831xew.png

I feel like the DoriDori ending really did a good job with animating her hair. I feel like I'm always drawn to those moments where her longer hair is animated well, but to make up for the lack of flow for the short hair, it is sometimes drawn a bit wavier than it usually is. Heck, even in the Anistar Showcase episode they actually did some nice animation on her short hair as shown here:
    tumblr_nvk5749B9W1t2l5yfo1_500.gif

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Serena looks beautiful no matter what! However, I do prefer her shorter hairstyle at the moment.. I love girls with that sort of haircut :)

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Speaking of Serena's redesign, I do wonder what you thought about her new clothes?

Hmm I actually prefer her old outfit I think, it would be interesting to see her old clothes with her new hairstyle..I wonder how that would look! Having said that, I think the new outfit works well with her new hairstyle, I'm just more partial to her previous attire :P

Back