• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaymin & Skymin Fanclub~

Shaymin or Skymin?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

!MajesticSmeargle!

Let's Seperate Our Worlds
Years
  • As said before, the movie was good. But Shaymin/Skymin's gender WAS hard to tell apart when it changed forms. Still the movie was cool, not bad. I have to admit it was much better than I had thought it would be. Any new topics anyone? Oh and Minku, I think you need to update the topics on the first page.

You said that already... anyways!
    Shaymin doesn't have a gender, you can call it what you think it is, or however the sound of its voice goes by, but it technically has no gender. There can possibly be males and females. Everyone just assumed it is a female do to the fact that it's voice was female, so we just say it's a she, but in the movie it is referred to as it.
    But the fans can think what we like. =D

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I've been in WiFi square on Platinum. It's confusing with all the Japanese, if though i have a patched English version.

I also have a Shaymin (yayforcheats), but i haven't gotten to Floraroma Town yet, so I'm yet to get the flower.

!MajesticSmeargle!

Years
  • Minku, I can get you a legit shaymin if you want, but I don't know when my DS will start acting right again.
    Actually I think I can get it now.
    But let me know if you want a shaymin I have the Movi 08 version JP and the Toys R us version.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I hate it when people doesnt care about what i post here-.-

Uh but how many of us can:

1. have the game (I'm just going to wait)

2. can even get on Wi-Fi

I don't have Wi-Fi and nintendo got rid of the USB adapter and a router is to expensive.

!MajesticSmeargle!

Years
  • I could have gotten platinum, but I decided to wait. I mean why spoil it when you can just get the english version along with everybody else.
    I personally think it is nice to hear a lot of people talking about where they are on on a game.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I could have gotten platinum, but I decided to wait. I mean why spoil it when you can just get the english version along with everybody else.
    I personally think it is nice to hear a lot of people talking about where they are on on a game.

Hmm... I want to answer that question, but I don't want to get shot XD *has not only beaten Platinum with a slight translation on an emulator, but also owns an original copy of Platinum*

Maybe it's for the thrill of knowing what the heck everyone is saying? XD And because maybe there's a chance America will program it so that when you get a Shaymin you can make it Skymin? (hah, I say dream on; I'd love that XD)

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Hello~ May I join, please? =^-^= I've loved Shaymin ever since I heard Crystal Kay's ONE (Pokémon Edition). Sheimi's voice is so cute in that song! I didn't see the movie, but I got the Toys-R-Us Shaymin on the last day of the event. (Whoa, that last sentence seems to be there randomly.)

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
  • I haven't watched the english version yet, but I think Shaymin's voice will be half killing me if Skymin's voice is actually... Like a boy, that sucks.
    I'd admit that the japanese version was definite better than the american one, and it's rare any american dubs are better than japanese dubs.

Skymin's cry sounds better than Shaymin's, but both are pretty sweet. I wonder who voices pokemon's cries, or they just made it via instruments.

Since Shaymin is not in Uber Tier, Is Skymin is Not Uber also?
    I think the pokemon ideaers(not proper word, everyone said) and the pokemon staff just decided for her/him/whatever not to be uber. Besides, I think high base stated pokemon(known as Uber) are... What should I say... Eh... *forgot*

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • And because maybe there's a chance America will program it so that when you get a Shaymin you can make it Skymin? (hah, I say dream on; I'd love that XD)

It's part of the original programming of the game. If you have Shaymin in Platinum, you can go to Floaroma Town and get the flower which can transform your Shaymin, regardless of which version you have.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    so... The Gracedia Flower can Transform Any non-movie Shaymin into Skymin?? im just confused for a bit cuz of what people said...

EDIT: Oh yea People Who have Platinum, Check out the New GTS! it has a Cool Theme there . even better than the one in D/P!

Last edited:

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Huzzah for Shaymin! May I join please?

Shaymin literally grabbed my socks and rocked them.

g.narron

Banned
    Years
  • In the new Pokemon Movie "Giratina and The Sky Warrior" all my friends at school said Shaymin and Skymin had ana annoying voice do you think Shaymin has an annoying voice?(I Don't)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I haven't heard the English dub's voice (and I'm not sure if I really want to lol), but I've heard the Japanese version's voice and it sounds just fine to me. Knowing the dub's track record, I'd doubt they'd be able to surpass or even equal it! xP

Flaming Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I haven't heard the English dub's voice (and I'm not sure if I really want to lol), but I've heard the Japanese version's voice and it sounds just fine to me. Knowing the dub's track record, I'd doubt they'd be able to surpass or even equal it! xP

Erm, I think I read somewhere that the person who voiced Shaymin in the English dub is the same person who voiced Amy Rose in the Sonic anime, just incase you've seen that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    so... The Gracedia Flower can Transform Any non-movie Shaymin into Skymin?? im just confused for a bit cuz of what people said...

EDIT: Oh yea People Who have Platinum, Check out the New GTS! it has a Cool Theme there . even better than the one in D/P!

Can someone answer my Question in Bold?

Flaming Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Can someone answer my Question in Bold?

Here is a discussion about it in the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum boards.

From what i've read, you can only get the the flower from an Event Shaymin.(Toys R Us, ect.)

And the one that you can catch in the Flower Paradise place won't give you access to the flower.

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I missed the event! Was that my only chance to get Shaymin and Skymin on my Pearl game? I reallly want Shaymin and Skymin when I get Platinum!

Back