• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shaymin's Ice Form, REVEALED?!

Do you believe this is REALLY Shaymin?

• YA!

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • NA!

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Acually I think its an evo looking thing but nintendo want to insist on forms. Im basing it on the fact that its flowers on the head go to the back and become roses. Yes thats right those are roses.

It can't be an evo because Shaymin can't evolve in DP.

EDIT: It could be an evo specifically for Platinum. But I would have to say it's most likely a version form change.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Its not Ice Form

It is Shaymin's Sky Forme...I believe the red bits are wings :)

Sorry to disagree with you, but I doubt that to be the case. If you look really closely, there appears to be only the one object on "Shaymin's" back, and I believe you need two for wings.

Looks a lot more like a shell of some sort to me. Of course, everybody remembers what happened last time something like this popped up, yes?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    It can't be an evo because Shaymin can't evolve in DP.

EDIT: It could be an evo specifically for Platinum. But I would have to say it's most likely a version form change.

:P Lickitung didn't have an evo in Red/Blue,
    and now it does in diamond an pearl.
    Whos to say its not gunna randomly evolve in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i think they mean since Shaymin didnt evo in d/p, why in Platinum?
    like yes, lickitung didnt evo in red/blue, but it didnt evo in yellow, either. thats what they're saying.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I just noticed something quite interesting:

According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Festa 2008 is to be held Aug. 9 through Aug. 14. As stated above, the picture was shown along with Pokemon Festa information. So does this mean that we can expect information on the new Shaymin within 2 months?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmmm... maybe... i found this on serebi and they werent sure if it was shaymins new forme or a new pokemon to begin with, so idk, maybe its a new poke...?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't introduce a new pokemon thats not coded into Diamond/Pearl, in its SEQUAL.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Sorry to disagree with you, but I doubt that to be the case. If you look really closely, there appears to be only the one object on "Shaymin's" back, and I believe you need two for wings.

Looks a lot more like a shell of some sort to me. Of course, everybody remembers what happened last time something like this popped up, yes?
    Last time something popped up, it didn't pop up on the official site

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Possibly this could be the sky form. If you do notice the roses, those could have a relation to the ones in one of the trailers. So the scene could truly be where shaymin changes form. Therefore, it could be plausible.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Possibly this could be the sky form. If you do notice the roses, those could have a relation to the ones in one of the trailers. So the scene could truly be where shaymin changes form. Therefore, it could be plausible.

But i'd expect shaymin to LOSE its legs,
    not grow longer ones o_o

Years
    I would like to start by saying that it is very unlikely that nintendo would reveal Shaymin's ice form on a cup.

Secondly, that looks nothing like shaymin.

Lastly, how do you know this cup is real?

Those are three factors you have to look at before you can go saying that this is the ice for of shaymin.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Because it's a Legendary and Platinum is still in the same generation as Diamond & Pearl, maybe?

Agreed.
    I may sound old fashioned in saying this, but Legendaries don't, and shouldn't evolve. Different forms is all well and good, but you know the developers have gone a little too far, when they start evolving Pokemon that shouldn't. The closest they've come is Phione and Manaphy, but Phione doesn't evolve, and is only an offspring of a Legendary. Fair enough; can live with that. But I don't really like the sound of a Legendary actually evolving.

Nonetheless, I'm actually liking the, somewhat blurred, possible Shaymin form/possible Generation 5 Pokemon. But I'll hold out for clearer information reaching the eyes of the fans. I just hope these new forms don't turn Event-Only, for Platinum.. that would be a real downer..

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I would like to start by saying that it is very unlikely that nintendo would reveal Shaymin's ice form on a cup.

Secondly, that looks nothing like shaymin.

Lastly, how do you know this cup is real?

Those are three factors you have to look at before you can go saying that this is the ice for of shaymin.

k, on bulbanews, it said that after posting the cup on the Pokemon Festa (or whatever) website, they quickly removed it. why would they remove it if it wasnt something that wasnt supposed to be revealed yet? it has to be either shaymins other form or a new poke all together. (most likely shaymins new form.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hoho I love goin between this and serebii's thread. Im starting to think as well that a new pokemon is not absurd cause munchlax was in the official 2nd in line hoenn movie. Whats movie is this? The 2nd in line sinnoh movie. See a pattern? Also it looks 2 boyish.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Hmm.. I like it and I don't. What happened to the cuddly little hedgehog everyone loved? But I like the doggie/flying/ice form.

Back