• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedinja's little secrets

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
  • Lion Heart said:
    Cursetank hits Gengar you wank.

Cursetank @ Lefties
    (EVs may vary, some go for some special defence, some go all-out in physical defence.)
    + PhDf - SpDf
    Body Slam / Return
    Curse
    Milk Drink
    Heal Bell

Tell me where Shadow Ball goes so you don't get raped by Toxic. This is the standard set, otherwise, you use Curselax. Since Curselax is obviously better, unless you need or want Heal Bell.

Now who's the wank?

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
  • Isn't this thing going a bit off topic? This thread was about Shedninja. I don't want to see Kirby's thread get spoiled.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • MeLoVeGhOsTs said:
    Isn't this thing going a bit off topic? This thread was about Shedninja. I don't want to see Kirby's thread get spoiled.

T'is too late for that. It was spoiled when he made it.

Luck does not constitute strategy.

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
  • I know that, but I think luck is a factor for fun teams.

Now I'm not a mod or anything, but couldn't we just stop the discussion?

Years
  • it wasnt spolied when i made it, and if u feel that way then dont post in my thread. back to shedinja, shedinja is good esp if u know ur opponent has no way of damaging u even tho they use Ou pokemon like starmie/

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Standard Miltank set has Shadow Ball > Heal Bell.
    No one gives a **** about Toxic either.

ON TOPIC NOW:

It is good when Shedinja comes across pokemon that can't hurt him like Starmie, against Kyogre without Ancient Power, Sheddy wins, Mewtwo without Flamthrower? GO SHEDDY.

Ice Rabbit

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Whoever withdrew Pok?mon that can't hit Sheninja!
    Whoever sent out Pok?mon that can hit Shedinja!

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • Whoever withdrew Pok?mon that can't hit Sheninja!
    Whoever sent out Pok?mon that can hit Shedinja!

exactly

i would give kirby credit though
    his sets are very interesting
    and i give him props for that
    however they are based far too much on luck and that is not good.Infact,that is out right bad.It lacks the ability to give a fully thought out method of attack and defense, which is why many off us here [hellish hades, ice rabbit <- nice username etc] have condoned its use..As for them being overly negative that is there choice and if they don't wish to change, you need to ignore them.Not much thinking required there.

Cursetank @ Lefties
    (EVs may vary, some go for some special defence, some go all-out in physical defence.)
    + PhDf - SpDf
    Body Slam / Return
    Curse
    Milk Drink
    Heal Bell

I disagree most cursetanks use shadow ball and then avoid status like mad.Some even opt for rest over milk drink..though i don't care for the idea.
    Ice Rabbit said:
    No clue if this was the reason or not, but on Smogon it says...

Stupidity is a bannable offense.

Not sure if that's why, might be.

Nice

Sheddy is not useable in competitive battles for all practical purposes.
    here are some of the nice things that kill it -
    Flying
    Rock
    Ghost
    Fire
    Dark
    Spikes
    Sandstorm
    Hail
    Leech Seed
    Poison aliment
    Burn
    Confusion damage
    Curse (ghost-type)
    Double-Edge recoil
    Future Sight
    Doom Desire
    Struggle (both being hit by Struggle, and Struggle recoil)

If u change it to normal type then it would still be a staggering 13 beautiful ways to faint it quickly.
    honestly does that seem practical?
    mind u, i do understand that many of those means are very rarely used but still, they are there.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • I personally think we can rule out Hail damage, though he is still easily killed.

Just whip out TTar and it's night night.

Personally, I like the idea, and I like playing with luck, which explains why I like Kirbys ideas, but this particular one will have trouble executing properly due to a humoungous amount of TTars on peoples teams.

Boahtar has basically overcome the standard set, I battled a fella called Cromat before and he said he hates those "random" DDTar's...

Which proved to me that Boahtar has taken over, and is too common to be useable on a team where Tyranitar is basically the Devil to.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Ice demon said:
    I disagree most cursetanks use shadow ball and then avoid status like mad.Some even opt for rest over milk drink..though i don't care for the idea.

I like how people don't read previous posts.

Curselax is infinitely better than Cursetank if you're using Rest. Snorelax can actually take a special attack, whereas Miltank is royally screwed.

Miltank used Rest.
    Opponent sent out Alakazam.

Alakazam or some other monster hits you three times (two for the resting turns, one for being slow, since Miltank can't afford to tank and devote EVs to speed). You may only be hit twice if your opponent is a bit slow in the head. This time could also be used for whatever set-up the opponent has going.

/or/

You switch out Miltank. You lost your increased defence and attack stats.

You would rather Curse up and then switch (you obviously shouldn't stay in) due to Toxic or special attacks with Miltank than stay in with Curselax? If you don't use Heal Bell, you may as well use Snorelax.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • I like how people don't read previous posts.

Curselax is infinitely better than Cursetank if you're using Rest. Snorelax can actually take a special attack, whereas Miltank is royally screwed.

Miltank used Rest.
    Opponent sent out Alakazam.

Alakazam or some other monster hits you three times (two for the resting turns, one for being slow, since Miltank can't afford to tank and devote EVs to speed). You may only be hit twice if your opponent is a bit slow in the head. This time could also be used for whatever set-up the opponent has going.

/or/

You switch out Miltank. You lost your increased defence and attack stats.

You would rather Curse up and then switch (you obviously shouldn't stay in) due to Toxic or special attacks with Miltank than stay in with Curselax? If you don't use Heal Bell, you may as well use Snorelax.

That was a grand waste of effort
    all i said was that some ppl opt for using rest.I even stated that the idea was not good.So that entire post only proves that you are trying to argue with everyone's points.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Ice demon said:
    That was a grand waste of effort
    all i said was that some ppl opt for using rest.I even stated that the idea was not good.So that entire post only proves that you are trying to argue with everyone's points.

The post wasn't directed at you. I only quoted you due to your reference to Rest, which is the only plausible way of incorporating both Heal Bell and Shadow Ball into a Cursetank set.

Ice demon said:
    I even stated that the idea was not good.So that entire post only proves that you are trying to argue with everyone's points.
    You said that Rest isn't a good idea. I said that Rest isn't a good idea. I don't think that arguing the same point constitutes "trying to argue with everyone's points".

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • If it is possible to salvage the original topic I will try now.

Heres a idea I got after seeing this thread.

What if any pokemon, not just Smeargle, could get any move?

Heres how, in theory, it would work.

1.Go to the Copycat in Saffron City and have Mimic taught to one of your pokemon. I shall use Snorelax in this example.
    2.Now make a team containing the Mimicer (Snorlax), a Smeargle with Sketch (and that is also faster than the Mimicer, limiting it somewhat), and the pokemon containing the move you want on Snorlax. This will be Rayquaza. (See how it works yet?)
    3.Go into a double battle with Snorlax and Smeargle in the lead. Have Smeargle use sketch, it will fail if Smeargle is the fastest in play. Have Snorlax use Mimic on Smeargle.
    4.Now withdraw Smeargle for Rayquaza and have Snorlax waste his turn (Block or sumthing if he has it). Next turn have Rayquaza use Extremespeed and Snorlax use Sketch.

Viola, imagine Curselax now eh?

Unfortunately it all falls apart at step 3. Mimic fails of course, darn Nintendo and thier covering all bases.

But it was a good idea in theory wasnt it? :)

Years
  • u cannot mimic, mirror move, or assist a sketch. u can xform into smeargle and use sketch but the move goes away after the battle or after u switch, i alrdy explained that

Back