• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    yeah, thats normal for now. That glitch has to do with the script that makes the Gyrados Shiny, I dont think that bug will be fixed until the final release, if at all. In the meantime: take advantage of it, get some shinys, after all it is a 1/8192 chance of encountering one!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Methinks it is just an old version patch, but I keep getting shiny Pokemon everwhere if I can't defeat the Red Gyrados.

Cant defeat = losing the battle?

At least I think that since how the event was done was changed on the last Beta5, probably you still have an older patch, most likely, Beta4.

Simple way to verify that: Did a warp occurs after the battle with the Gyarados? (assuming you didnt lose the battle), if it happens, then it's the Beta4 or lower. If you have the B5, there'd be a fadescreen and no warping sound should be heard.
    The warp is what was causing the mess with the shiny command.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    Got a question.

I did the Flash 128k save before I got to Goldenrod. Am I safe from that E4 start-over bug? I'm currently training in Victory Road, and would like to know if I should worry about that or not.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    since this is the questions thread for Shiny Gold, I wanna ask here...
    in the Celebi event, is Celebi suppose to be in this spot..?
    Spoiler:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Got a question.

I did the Flash 128k save before I got to Goldenrod. Am I safe from that E4 start-over bug? I'm currently training in Victory Road, and would like to know if I should worry about that or not.

No, the flash 128K save style wont take effect unless you delete your current save file and start again from the beginning.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    since this is the questions thread for Shiny Gold, I wanna ask here...
    in the Celebi event, is Celebi suppose to be in this spot..?
    Spoiler:

Yes, it's supposed to be in that spot, since you could talk to the altar from both sides (and Celebi arrives to a "common" spot). In any case, I really didnt have that much intention of using another applymovement command (dont ask me why, it was probably lazyness), dont forget that THAT Celebi sprite, originally from FR, doesnt have a "looking up" sprite.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I just got all my pokemon stolen from team rocket, what do I do to get them back?

Edit: Never mind, I worked it out now.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    The Shiny Gold thread is closed, why?
    Is Beta6 around alredy?

Zel said in his profile that he won't have any time to hack and or update the thread this week, so he had it closed. It happens every once in a while, he'll be back pretty soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    I need to get a water poke, and I never got the old rod. I got the good one, but everytime i use it (at least 100 times by now) I get the "not even a nibble"

Anyone else with this issue?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I need to get a water poke, and I never got the old rod. I got the good one, but everytime i use it (at least 100 times by now) I get the "not even a nibble"

Anyone else with this issue?

Huh, that's strange. It could be the location doesn't have pokemon assigned to it yet, just an oversight I'm sure. But it that was the case you should at least get a "?". Did you try a different area?

But it could also just be rotten luck. :\

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    Ugh. Nope, I've tried several places, and I even went back and got the old rod, that doesn't work either. At this point, just looking for anything i can teach surf to, so I can keep on playing. Not having much luck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    does any1 remember the sequence 4 the switches in the underground tunnel when ur tring 2 find the directer of the Pokemon radio tower in the Pokemon gold hack? & when haunter & machoke evolve? tell me if u have a heart =( ppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    does any1 remember the sequence 4 the switches in the underground tunnel when ur tring 2 find the directer of the Pokemon radio tower in the Pokemon gold hack? & when haunter & machoke evolve? tell me if u have a heart =( ppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

After decoding through that awesome grammer ><.........

I'm sure it's in the walk though. The walk through can be found at the bottom of this post.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    Well, my problems are moot, because I realized I can't save. Tried the Auto - Flash 128 thing, still no luck.

Looking for a patch or Fire Red ROM that is savable. Please let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction on this. Just bored enough to totally start over this game, haha.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, my problems are moot, because I realized I can't save. Tried the Auto - Flash 128 thing, still no luck.

Looking for a patch or Fire Red ROM that is savable. Please let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction on this. Just bored enough to totally start over this game, haha.

After you changed to 128K did you delete your old save file and start again? Because if you didn't, it wont take effect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back