• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yeah, thats a tough puzzle, but its not the hardest in Victory Road. But here's a map to help you get to the next puzzle.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    You can't get pokeflute in shiny gold. In the original gold, you would use the pokegear you got from the poketower and tune in to pokeflute, than put it next to the snorlax to wake it up.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    In fact, the Pokegear part and the Pokeflute are the same thing in SG, so, just get the Pokegear part from Lavender's Radio Tower after solving the whole Power Plant event first. After you get the part, just talk with Snorlax and it'll wake up.

Years
    In fact, the Pokegear part and the Pokeflute are the same thing in SG, so, just get the Pokegear part from Lavender's Radio Tower after solving the whole Power Plant event first. After you get the part, just talk with Snorlax and it'll wake up.

Wow, Thanks much! To be honest I totally forgot about that part.

Years
    hi can enyone told me where to catch totodile cyndaquil chikorita mew jirachi and what is the diferent between shiny gold and shiny gold x and why i dont have phones? thanks

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    hi can enyone told me where to catch totodile cyndaquil chikorita mew jirachi and what is the diferent between shiny gold and shiny gold x and why i dont have phones? thanks

Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita can only be obtained at the start of the game. Later on they will be available in the wild, just not yet. Mew is also not yet available, but also will be later on. The process to get Jirachi is something Zel kind of wants to keep on the down low, however, I believe there is a video on youtube showing how it's done. And the only difference between SG and SGX is that the trainer levels and line ups have been made more difficult in SGX in order to give you more of a challenge.

EDIT: Sorry I missed your last question. The phone system isn't the same as in the original Gold. Zel used a phone booth system; they can be found spread out the game.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Another Question:

How Do you get to Pewter City in beta 5? I tried going though Diglett's Cave, but it was a dead end.

Pewter City isn't one of the available cities in beta five. So, there is no way to get to it yet, unless you want to use a walk through wall cheat. But there wouldn't be anything there anyway, so it would just be a wast of time.

Years
    Pewter City isn't one of the available cities in beta five. So, there is no way to get to it yet, unless you want to use a walk through wall cheat. But there wouldn't be anything there anyway, so it would just be a wast of time.

Okay, Will it be open in beta 6? And when will beta 6 be out?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Okay, Will it be open in beta 6? And when will beta 6 be out?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of Kanto will be open in beta six. But Zel doesn't like to talk about release dates, and I actually believe it's against the rules to ask for them. x:

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2023
    Help!

I need help getting to Sabrina! I keep running through portals, but they all seem to lead to the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I have an M3 DS Real with the GBA Expansion pack, and I play Shiny Gold on it all the time. My friend, though, doesn't have the expansion pack, and he really wants to play Shiny Gold. I was wondering if there was a program I could use to put the Shiny Gold rom on a regular Fire Red cart. I was thinking you could apply the IPS patch directly on the cart with a program on the DS, or dump the whole rom onto the Fire Red cart. I know this is a lot to ask, and I'm sure it can't be done, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

Dominati0n

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Where can I find a Thunder Stone and a Water Stone? I'm getting so tired of Pikachu being Pikachu, and I really want a Slowking. Help, anyone?

Also, where can I catch a Gastly/Haunter? I noticed my rival got one, and I don't remember seeing them anywhere.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Where can I find a Thunder Stone and a Water Stone? I'm getting so tired of Pikachu being Pikachu, and I really want a Slowking. Help, anyone?

Also, where can I catch a Gastly/Haunter? I noticed my rival got one, and I don't remember seeing them anywhere.

I don't remember anything about the stones, but you can get Gastly in Sprout Tower.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    aren't the stones supposed to be given to the player from Bill's grandpa in Cerulean Cape..?

at least, that's where the stones are in the original Gold Version game... :\

Dominati0n

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    aren't the stones supposed to be given to the player from Bill's grandpa in Cerulean Cape..?

at least, that's where the stones are in the original Gold Version game... :\

Is there any earlier place in the game to get them that you know of?

And thanks for the information on Gastly, it's appreciated.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I am done playing Shiny Gold's current beta, and I haven't spotted any stones around the place... :\

I guess Bill's grandpa is the only place for you to acquire those element stones. :\

Last edited:

Dominati0n

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Alright, thanks for the help. It'd make a lot of sense to include the stones at least before you fight the Elite Four, but I guess I'll have to wait til after then.

Thanks, again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back