• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
why don't you get enough for an abra, save in front of the place where you buy it, and then reset until you get a shiny one? that would work.

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
well lol, i am a very rich man, and i would like to throw money away on a level 7 pokemon. lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
fine... my way's faster though... and congratulations on your 100th post. i've decided that making a movie about the SHC would be awesome. here's what the cast would look like:
aaryn: antonio banderas (he's spanish afterall)
skinnygreenman: collin ferral
pazzkat: charlize theron
rsgh5: tom cruise
tyranitar dude aka "the betrayer": jack nickleson
pokemunna: brad pit
yami_zidane: ewin mcgregor (he's english afterall)
pkmaster: julia roberts (made up to look very mean/sinister)

hmm... i'll come up with more later... i'd be directing it of course. it would have all the important parts about how the club was started, how it became one of the hottest clubs at PC, the pkmaster incident, and how it declined in popularity for a while until it kinda leveled out. and of course we'd include the love triangles and heated arguments that never actually happened.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
the easiest way to get a shiny is by using a game shark, but we don't allow that. the fastest way that we allow is running around in a grassy patch, running away from wild pokemon and having no desire to do anything good for your body or mind.

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
it will take 1 minute, or up to infinity. well ur dealing with odds like 1/8192 or something than u really cant be sure. in theory one of 8192 pokemon should be shiny. but u could find ur first pokemon shiny on accident!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ya, and the type of the pokemon doesn't matter either. (shiny grass types occur just as frequently as shiny water types).

Years
Link2005 said:
ok here what i am doing at the moment, i have breeded a mgamar (male) with a ditto i have got 5 eggs and i have tried ten times by saving before the eggs start to hatch for a shiny magby. have i done this right for a shiny. does it matter if i soft reset or turn of the gba and turn it back on?
Nope. The egg's stats are determined when you receive it, so you'll hatch the same five Magbies each time. Your time would be better spent at One Island.

And sorry for not posting in the past few days, but I have nothing new to report. I've saved in front of the purple kitty in Fire Red, but I don't really want to get him as shiny since I don't really care and I wouldn't be able to use him much, anyway. If a shiny one pops up, I'll catch it, of course! (Man, is this thing hard to catch, though! With 1HP, paralyzed, attack lowered 6 levels, special defense lowered by one, 40 turns passed, he still manages to escape my Timer Balls with a single wiggle... >_< Rayquaza wasn't this tough.)

Shiny Parayoshi

Yoshi King
Years
hey sorry i havent been on in a while stop shiny hunting for a long time but I started yesterday resuming my hunt for treeko and squirtle well see you guys later.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
MM... i feel dumb for asking... but what purple cat are you talking about? i'm .... oooooo mewtwo??? now it makes sense... mewtwo looks awesome in shiny form. it's all green and whatnot.

Years
Yep, I'm talking about Mewtwo. (there are no other purple cats in Pok?mon, XD!)

I don't know why, but shiny ubers just don't appeal to me quite so much. People tend to consider ubers cheap, and cheap and cheat go hand in hand, so people might just be more cynnical about a shiny uber and assume it's cheated for.

On to Seviper.. and Shroomish. XD!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
hehe im completely alternative about that, this is cuz you can reset for months for a green tailed cat xD and get one but u cannot reset on a shiny pidey or something, my few pennies

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
ok, im going to start shiny searching again today/night. im not sure as to which shiny to go for. any one have some suggestions?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
go after a shiny nidoran male. you've got a shiny nidoking as your avatar, it seems wrong not to at least look for one...

Years
Welp, today, I've done something quite ironic. I caught an Adamant Mewtwo in a Pok? Ball. I was contemplating resetting (despite the Pok?ball accomplishment) for a better nature, but I then realized I had already saved... -_- Stupid kitty wouldn't stay in my Timer Balls.

Kanto Dex 143. Soon to be 144 once I trade in that L100 Jolteon from Sapphire. I like to do trades in bulk since I need to borrow the other GBA, so I'm holding off until I've effort trained and raised Shroomish to a better level (and learnt Spore). I might raise Shroomish to L100 against the legion of Sevipers, though it'll be tougher with only Sky Uppercut available. Shroomish's EVs don't need to be perfect since he's only a Spore/False Swipe slave, but I'd like to get them pretty good just the same.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
guys... i did something that you might think of as bad. i started a mini-tcard request thread... i know i know... i've betrayed you guys... theirs don't say "SHC" though, so don't worry about that. nor do theirs have stars on them... but ya... i'm trying to get people to cut back on their rediculous sig lengths, so this is my first step in the battle. if you aren't too apalled by what i've done, check them out (they aren't as cool as metalmario's either) http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47019

Years
MetalMario said:
Nope. The egg's stats are determined when you receive it, so you'll hatch the same five Magbies each time. Your time would be better spent at One Island.

And sorry for not posting in the past few days, but I have nothing new to report. I've saved in front of the purple kitty in Fire Red, but I don't really want to get him as shiny since I don't really care and I wouldn't be able to use him much, anyway. If a shiny one pops up, I'll catch it, of course! (Man, is this thing hard to catch, though! With 1HP, paralyzed, attack lowered 6 levels, special defense lowered by one, 40 turns passed, he still manages to escape my Timer Balls with a single wiggle... >_< Rayquaza wasn't this tough.)

well how do i get it right then???

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
You just keep hatching eggs till one of them has a shiny pokemon, it still the same odds 1/8192 but it just takes way longer.... thats how i got my Miltank

OMG liek did i just post? wow heh. I surpose the reason i hav'nt posted is because i have no news... but its good to see that the SHC is starting to pick up again... anyway the search for a shiny flygon continues... if i don't give up in the meantime, well thats all your getting out of me

and by the way Ryan, Ewan Mcgregor (or however you spell it) isnt english, hes welsh..... or scotish, i can't remember. But the point is he's not english =P

Back