• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
ok! thx metal mario but i played my sapphire for one year so if i restart my sapphire wouldnt be the odds in the game would be 1 in 89653 so it gets more harder to catch shiny right?
so i will just kept finding that l@tias and maybe if lucky it will be shiny!

Crazy_4_Pokemon

Don't be near me -_-
Years
I kant find any shinies!! is there a specific place to look or something? right now i'm in the patch of grass to the far right of fortree looking for a shiny absol. I've been looking for hours....I'm gonna go look for latias XD

Years
shinycollector said:
ok! thx metal mario but i played my sapphire for one year so if i restart my sapphire wouldnt be the odds in the game would be 1 in 89653 so it gets more harder to catch shiny right?
so i will just kept finding that l@tias and maybe if lucky it will be shiny!
No it won't. Not unless you haven't watched the TV report in your game, and you're constantly watching it, finding Latias, then resetting. If you've already seen it, I'd advise you to take a look around at a variety of shops and see if you can't find a used Ruby version for cheap, as well as an e-reader. Hunting down a fleeing poke to try for a shiny must be 100,000 times more mind-numbing than hatching for one.

Crazy_4_Pokemon said:
I kant find any shinies!! is there a specific place to look or something? right now i'm in the patch of grass to the far right of fortree looking for a shiny absol. I've been looking for hours....I'm gonna go look for latias XD
The odds are the same everywhere: 1/8192. The best places to find shinies are the best places to find Pok?mon. Grass is a touch easier than caves simply because you encounter Pok?mon more frequently in grass. Search for a shiny you like. It doesn't have to be the rarest one around; it just has to be something you'd enjoy and be willing to set aside some time to find. Finding shinies doesn't take hours, it takes MONTHS, so you'd better keep at it!

Still trying to figure out an Ariados set. I've got a bit of a skeleton set in Netbattle: Agility, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Spider Web. It's not very good, but I'm at a complete loss here. Not much fun when the only damaging Bug move he learns is Leech Life... >.< What good are STAB/Swarm when there's nothing to use with them?

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
ok thx ive seen it before yeah just kept finding it hehehe! but if i saw a shiny pokemon when im finding that lati@s that count to my shinies right? ok bye i will continue findind that pokemon but before im gonna study for my exam ok?heheheh!thx metalmario

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I'm here to say that I have.... not.... caught the shiny ABSOL.... (crys) AND WHY ARE ALL THE NEWBIES AFTER ONE?!?!?! IT'S MINE!!!! MINE I TELL YOU!!!! That and I haven't been hunting as much as I would like to have been. I've been playing Neopets: The Darkest Faerie and .HACK//QUARENTENE (sp?) on my PS2 from Christmas.

MetalMario said:
Hooray. I have authroization to traipse! Say hi, shiny Weedle! (Ya right; more likely, I'll get a Pink Heracross, the rarest and ugliest IMO. It'll probably be Modest, too!)

Don't diss the Heracross, their not EVIL pink their PURPLE! V(^_^)V I have to stand up for one of my Shinys. LOL

MetalMario said:
On the subject of pkmaster: Apparently, she now goes by the name of 'Kai the Master'.

Augh! How dare pkmaster even use my favorite Beyblade characters name! Not Kai! Any one but Kai...or Rei...or Tala... or Zeo... or... (continues to ramble because she's hyper)

BG pokemon freak said:
I read your post abut the shiny pokemon you have :) besides the thing that they are a LOT :) I noticed the two zigzagoons you mentioned ! what do you mean you got them from the berry update ?????????? could you explain it to me in further details :) plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss I want to be a shiny hunter too !!! I have a shiny Rattata and a shiny Krabby ;) hope you have time !

Sorry I took so long to reply, I haven't been online.

Yeah, it's alot. I've clocked in alot of my life to a video game.

As for the pair of Berry Update Zigzagoons, there was a problem with the Ruby and Sapphire games passing of time for the berrys you grow. It was like this if you started a game file and didn't restart a new game and save it over the other game for a about a year the games would stop letting you grow berrys.

Nintindo/Game Freak made a fix for this 'Berry Glitch' that would let your game work the way it shoud have. They sent Game Cube disks to stores like Game Stop and if you wanted to fix the games glitch you had to go there and hook your game to the stores Game Cube and choose 'Berry Update' and it would fix it.

The Shiny Zigzagoon was an added bonus for people who did this. If you had an empty space on your team when you did the 'Berry Update' a Shiny Zigzagoon would appear there holding (I'm not sure anymore, but I think it was) a Leichi Berry.

I updated both of my games, knowing about the free Shiny Zigzagoon, at my local Mall.

They fixed the problem before they put out Emerald and also added the 'Berry Update' to Colosseum but people who use that don't get anything but their games glitch fixed.

I hope I made that understandable.

- - - Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

It's odd how many people didn't find out about that, don't you think?

Anyway, Hello and Welcome to all the new members of the Shiny Hunters Club! I'm LDD and while I haven't been the best at posting I will do my best to be a good example of a SHC member for you all!

azerty

i want my pearl.. 27 july....
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2007
thanks metalmario and i found another shiny LUCKY!! it is a golden
poochyena

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
hey i found another shiny pokemon its a ROSELIA!! i love playing sapphire for one year but i still cant find the lati@s ok thx i will continue my quest to find a shiny pokemon!and congratulations azerty for your shiny poochyena! ok gotta go!!!

KageSora

Rukario Fan
Years
Well, I've not had any luck catching shinies lately, but my friend did! He got his first shiny while on the phone with me. It was a shiny Growlithe, in Pokemon XD. o.O He said it was like, electric yellow. Shiny Growlithe are yellow.

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
LDD- the reason why I didn't know about the efect of the berry update is because like my name and sig say - I am from and live in Bulgaria= total pokemon blurr!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even know if my games are real :( I am like the only real fan in like 300 miles :'( :(
I am a lonely soul :disappoin

havent had any shiny luck :paranoid: why am I posting when I need to be hunting ???

Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
Don't diss the Heracross, their not EVIL pink their PURPLE! V(^_^)V I have to stand up for one of my Shinys. LOL
In the end, I turned up a shiny Spinarak instead. A good middle ground, don't you agree? Shiny Spinarak/Ariados are purple, and actually look pretty. (unlike the monochromic stag beetle) The only issue will be finding an okay moveset... >.<

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
It's odd how many people didn't find out about that, don't you think?
GAAH!! I knew about it the whole time! And guess what? THERE WASN'T A SINGLE FCUKING MACHINE IN THE ENTIRE DAMMED (locks, actually) CITY!! There, I'm done. No one besides Nintendo is to blame for the fact that only a few eliteist a-holes living in places Nintendo likes have these things. And I don't expect I'll ever actually see one of them stat-upping berries in my Pok?mon future.

shinycollector said:
hey i found another shiny pokemon its a ROSELIA!! i love playing sapphire for one year but i still cant find the lati@s ok thx i will continue my quest to find a shiny pokemon!and congratulations azerty for your shiny poochyena! ok gotta go!!!
O RLY?

Since you joined, you've sported a shiny-finding rate of 1.44 per day. This includes Latios/Rattata (you said "just one" when you joined, but followed up with these two), Blissey, Gengar, Kecleon, Delibird, and Roselia. Even if I knock off Blissey/Gengar, since you claimed to have had them before but to not have known them to be shiny (a ruse the pkmaster pulled more than once), that still leaves you with a ridiculous shiny finding rate of 1.03 per day. Add to this the fact that you only started seeing shinies just after you joined the club, and your questionable honesty regarding other matters, and I think we have a problem. Straighten up now or risk being downright banned. If you do not shape up by the time you reach 30 posts, you will be banned from the club.

shinycollector said:
hehehehe wheepeee what is a best moveset for roselia!! pls tell me THX!!!!!
Hmm.. let's see:
Roselia@Petaya:
Mild, 252HP/252Atk/252Def/252Spd/252SpAtk/252SpDef
-Natural Cure
Frenzy Plant
Doom Desire
Sing
Explosion

You seem to be quite proficient with a gameshark, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2006
No! No! my brother didnt lie he found it and what is gameshark? Yes my brother dont lie 2day is my lucky day because i can use computer after the whole week swimming leseon weeeeeeeeeee!!!! and my brother is spending his time to find a shiny pokemon he's honest!! he dont lie pls believe me! PLS BELIEVE ME!!!! My brother is honest he told me that everyday!!!!

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Hi everyone!!!!!!

I'd like to join please, if it's okay. ^^

Anyway, as of right now, I only have two shiny Pokemon:

Wingull (it's green, lol) - I found it in my Ruby version while I was looking for Latios one day. I was surfing on one of the water routes when I ran into it.

Rattata - (it's red) - I found it in my Fire Red version, very early in my game. O_O

It was funny cause I didn't even have my first badge yet, and one day I was training my Pokemon in the route near Pewter City and it just showed up. ^_^

And I always thought that you had to accumulate a certain number of time playing the game before running into a shiny? Or is it just a different number of minutes/hours depending on the Pokemon you wanna catch?

Oh, and by the way, parente, I love your avatar!! <3

*saves*

Where did you get it?

Last edited:

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
hey hello!!!! pls dont banned me i dont lie or cheat pls dont!!! im honest and metalmario but doom desire is jirachi's attacked right how can be roselia knows that can u tell me PLS!!!!kk gotta go gotta find that shiny Lati@s!!!

Years
You claimed to have found five new shinies over the course of 4.538 days. In an IM, you made the luicrous claim of spending 17 hours PER DAY playing Pok?mon! Using LDD's measure of being able to see 2.1 Pok?mon per minute, and the approximate general probability formula I gave a few weeks ago, the odds of finding at least 5 shinies are the sum where n=5 up to infinity of (((9720/8192)^n)(e^-(9720/8192)))/n!, which converges to about 0.7401%. (I was a factor of 10 off in my IM.. >.<) This is still a pretty small number, despite taking into account that 17 hours of hunting per day BS.

Being 13 years old, you must be living either with your parents or some other sort of care taker. Now what kind of sane parent would actually let you spend 17 HOURS PER DAY playing a single game non-stop? That would leave you with a maximum total of 7 hours of sleep per day (not enough for physical well-being), and, given that you mentioned going to bed at 10 every night, require that you get up at the crack of dawn, 5:00AM at the latest, every morning and pop in the ol' Sapphire to resume the hunt. You also need time to eat, take bathroom breaks, and *ghasp* have a LIFE! If you are spending 17 hours a day on conducting repetitive search patterns in a video game, I pity you very much.

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
Originaly posted by PokemonTrainerLisa
Rattata - (it's red) - I found it in my Fire Red version, very early in my game. O_O
Aren't shiny Ratata golden ??????? or it was a miss spelling??? Mine is :) I thought trese is only 1 shiny form ?????

NOTE: I am not trying to be an as***** :) I am just asking :) besides I am still nobody here to ask for explanation ;)

Last edited:
Years
Hooray! I made a really crappy banner. I was going for a kid-ish look, but it came out looking more n00bish than anything:

shcbanner2b.png

A few months back, Jaws and I were drawing random shinies on MSN with the pen thing, and some of them turned out alright. I took a few of them for this banner.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
PokemonTrainerLisa is a friend of mine in real life, I've seen her shinys for myself. She has them. I'm hoping she'll trade them to me. ;)

EDIT: I just read a PM from Lisa. She's willing to trade me the shinys at next Tsubasa-Con if I can trade her the PKMN she wants. AND I'm getting a Jirachi! She's going to send me her disk in the mail. Thank you again Lisa!!!

Last edited:
Back