• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
Years
You mind if I join your Shiny Club? I have:

Shiny Ninetales
Shiny Flygon
Shiny Dusknoir
Shiny Milotic
Shiny Electivire
Shiny Mothim

Those are my Legit shinies. I trade for two other shinies, Scizor and Latios, but it turned out they were hacked. I'm also trading for a Shiny Ho-oh and Shiny Rayquaza soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Pictures! bad quality so please forgive me!

SP_A0804.jpg

You can just about make out the mossdeep part.

SP_A0805.jpg

I need a better camera phone .__.

Haven't bothered to work out the IV's yet, but thank you for the great site Fufu, it will be very useful in the future (and congrats on the Mudkip).

MM, I did manage to get it in Emerald, said so in the original post :P

@Red Riardos: Those seem legit to me, seems like you've read over our views on hacked shiny's too, welcome to the club ^^

@Memphis: They all seem fine, but I would like an explanation for the Latios, and pictures of possible, before i admit you to the club.

@Pikachu.exe: Again I would like an explanation about how you got Ho-Oh, and again pictures if possible. Then I will admit you to the club.

I think I'll start training Beldum for Diamond (which I should finally be getting at the end of the month, damn European release dates) while thinking of what I should go for next.

Good luck all.

NocturnAmber

2nd of Elite Nocturns
Years
I've got all six of mine in my trainer card! Thats about it.

Eevee (34), Cindaquil (55 tries), Squirtle (14 tries), and Treeko (67) from hatching eggs.

Caught a shiny Spinerak in the forest at lv 8. Leafgreen.

Caught a Shiny Zangoose at lv 14 in emerald.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey! i was wondering if i could join this club. i just started hunting for shinys a few days ago and i just found my fist poke radar shiny poke.
Shinys
Zubat
Golbat ( those two lucky finds )
Shinx ( pokeradar )

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on Mudkip, Fufu. BTW did any of your Ralts have good IVs?

Still trying to chain Snover, but tried Rotom last night for a while. I was too tired however and I quickly fell asleep, with a half-finished can of Root Beer still next to my bed. Lucky nobody came into my room that night.
Thanks, and yes, four shiny Ralts had very good IVs. I didn't check all of them with the IV calc, though, so maybe I have even more with better yet lower IVs (like 27 in HP, SAtk, Def, and SDef or something). Isn't Snover pretty hard to chain with the snow going on?

NocturnAmber, you can't catch a shiny Zangoose on Emerald. Sure it wasn't Ruby version? And do you have any pics of your shinies? You go pretty lucky with them...

I won't be shiny hunting today because I have to do this project for my mother, even though she should be doing it...I'll just train my shiny Mudkip and play through Ruby. I want to soft reset for Groudon. Good luck, everyone.

NocturnAmber

2nd of Elite Nocturns
Years
Oh my it was RUBY. I just checked my Pearl and was like stupid me.

Well it took me a Lot of tries to get them from hatching eggs. over 67 hrs in my Emerald, 63 hrs in my Ruby, and 60 hrs in my Leafgreen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
I decided to try to chain a swarm pokemon this morning. it was Surskit. Not my favorite shiny. I decided to try to chain for a Starly instead [the bird lol] It took me two hours to finally get it. the chain kept on breaking because of Bidoof, I was about to give up when I spotted that sweet shiny patch. I went into it. Ah-ha, there it is, the brown Starly! Good thing my brother gave me few masterballs earlier,said it'll help me catch weaker shiny pokemon. lol so i threw it.Caught it! ^^ Pictures coming soon. my highest chain was at 10. Darned Bidoof kept on breaking it. lol Now i'm off to get my brother to get pics onto his comp so I can put it online heh ^^ One of my secret shinies. Heh

Years
Oh my it was RUBY. I just checked my Pearl and was like stupid me.

Well it took me a Lot of tries to get them from hatching eggs. over 67 hrs in my Emerald, 63 hrs in my Ruby, and 60 hrs in my Leafgreen.
So all those breeding attempts were hours, and not just eggs? That seems more reasonable, so please reply with confirmation. And your name is agitatingly similar to NocturnLeader. -.-

@41victory: You may join.

@Red Riardos: Welcome. Please keep in mind that shinies found on the GTS or otherwise traded from people you don't know personally can't count. Even if they were once legitimately found, they could still have been cloned any arbitrary number of times since then, and we have to err on the side of not overwhelming the club with torrents of randomly traded shinies, some of which might be clones. This applies to everyone. I hope you can understand.

@Yami: If you get any other shinies through SRs, I'd imagine they'd also be Sassy. Any possibility of confirming this? ;)

@NocturnLeader: Didn't I say leave? You're not a member, so why are you still here? If you want to appeal with some compelling evidence as to why you're not a liar, go ahead in PM. I expect to see no less than a picture of your Trainer Card(s) and shinies sharing the same trainer IDs. And I will spot photomanipulation.

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
hey i was wondering if i could join this club? i love shiny pokemon! so far i have shiny gyarados, floatzel, and parasect.

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
Years
Cool, I'm in!

I just traded for the Ho-oh, and am waiting for my other trader to get on. He said we could trade around 9:00. Should of asked about where he lives so I know the timezone. -_-'

The only other shinies I had were Gyrados, in Silver, which I traded away. And a Makuhita/Hariyama in my Ruby game, which I lost....

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
The only other shinies I had were Gyrados, in Silver, which I traded away. And a Makuhita/Hariyama in my Ruby game, which I lost

i dont think shiny gyarados would count cause you catch it shiny at mahagony lake! and shinys only count on this thread if there from ruby, sapphire, emerald, leafgreen, fire red, diamond , or pearl. i believe

i am now currently trying to chain for a shiny shinx.my highest chain is 27 but then it broke cause i encountered a bidof! any ways good luck to everyone on there searchs>____<!

Last edited:

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
I was trying to chain buneary but it kept being broken... (I hate wurmples!) so i went somewhere else and started chaining. I see that there were swablus there so i started chaining... took awile but i got her!
Shiny swablu lvl. 28
modest
Hp 69
atk 32
def 43
sp. a 33
sp. d 49
speed 37

Not sure about its IV's dont really check em...
Got the pics.

Shot with KODAK CX7530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

Shot with KODAK CX7530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
I changed the time on the game to get something and forgot to reset it.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Hey, I haven't been officially been admited into this club, but would like to know if I can join, my shinies are Tailow & Oddish (Emerald), Dustox (from Sapphire), and Ekans (FireRed). I have no shinies in Diamond.

I am currently using the PokeRadar to get a female Ralts, but my latest chain broke at 34 by a Kricketot.

My shiny goals are: Two Ralts (male & female), Charmander, Female Roselia, Froslass, and a female Lopunny.

Last edited:
Years
Shadow Chaos, you may join.

Now, onto another somewhat important matter, I did some math and appear to have discovered something important:

Shiny Correlations in Emerald--THEY DO EXIST! *M&Ms meeting Santa Claus voice*

Suppose the RNG in Emerald is set to generate a different Pokémon every 1/60th of a second. (Even if it's randomized more frequently than that, the input cycle is only 1/60th of a second, so the least common denominator still applies for this.) Now, let's also assume that the RNG is statistically perfect. If it isn't, it only makes these correlations stronger, so this is a best-case (or worst-case, depending on how you look at it, but I'd call finding no shinies bad) scenario. Over the course of one hour of play, the game progresses through 216,000 possible Pokémon stats sets that could be generated. Each of these has a random SID (Shiny ID, taken from the PV) generated for it. On average, any given SID will be generated ~26.3672 times, however the actual number could be either less or more according to your trainer ID.

Along the very same lines, some Trainer IDs will allow for many shinies to be generated within the first hour of play, giving some players large advantages over others. Everything I said applies to Emerald only, and it's entirely because it doesn't seed the RNG in a distinct way as you progress through the game.

Delving even further into the freaky world of the random number generator, I have just successfully captured two COMPLETELY IDENTICAL Poochyena on my Emerald game, demonstrating the problem. I'll do it again live and post the video on Youtube.

Edit: Hey, hey! I'll do it with Spinda! :D

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Thanks, MetalMario!

I just caught a Shiny female Budew, on my seventh chain... I'm shaking like there is no tommorow!!! Shuko's guide is awesome!!! Thank you very much, Shuko!!! ^-^ She is my first Shiny in Diamond!! I'll post her stats as soon as my chain breaks!!

Update: Well, my Budew chain was broken at 22 by a female Ralts, but I can never be angry at a Ralts, especially a female one! Here are Budew stats (can't provide picture proof yet, and I never figured out how to use the EV or IV calculation thing):

Budew (F) Level 4, Caught at Route 204, Often lost in thought, and Likes spicy food.
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Natural Cure
HP: 17
Attack: 7
Defense: 8
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 9
Speed: 9

With Budew caught, I'm one step closer to accomplishing my goals!!

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MM, do you know how Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen seed? And congrats on your discovery!

I should be able to start soft resetting for a shiny Latias on my Ruby by tomorrow. For now, I'm soft resetting for a certain fossil shiny. Good luck everyone.

Back