• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2015
    Hi! I'd love to join, I'm a shiny hunter myself. ^ w ^ I don't remember every single shiny I have, but I know I've got plenty, aha. My first one was a Hoppip in HeartGold, which I ended up trading to my cousin since I didn't really want it, now I kinda wish I hadn't given it to her haha.

Right now I'm hunting for Cyndaquil on SoulSilver, about 2,000+ soft resets in. (I stopped counting at about 1,800, got tired of it.)

I wish everyone good luck on their hunts!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi everyone, congrats on all shinies. Welcome to all new members and welcome back to veteran members.

CH1NA: welcome, also nice target, and don't worry about the count, as for me I don't count my targets, I just pay attention to the amount of time I have spent with a target. Speaking of soulsilver I have to return hunting them since my main hunting games has been black and omega ruby for some time now.

Shiny news:
    Got a cute shiny treecko in omega ruby, male sassy impetuous and silly, so its one that just goes for my collection.
    pic coming soon.

Happy hunting everyone.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=392695

Years
  • Hello I'd like to join!

Here's a list of my Shiny Pokemon.

Caught:

Octillery
    Zorua x 2 (One of which has been traded)

Bred:

Tyogre (Traded)

Event:

Flygon
    Altaria
    Zweilous
    Seadra
    Rayquaza

Hunting:

Feebas
    Fillion
    Pikachu
    Eevee

Years
  • J2BuIJy.jpg

I finally did it!

Now, once I get AlphaSapphire I'll just have to make sure I can get Latios to do the same!

Also, the IV spread is 19/6/31/31/31/31 and she's MILD. Insanity.

EDIT:

lgSwmXm.png

And now this. Holy shit this is a good night.

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Hey other new (and returning) people!

For the vets/owners here, I have a question. Why are shinies for the "quests" limited on "no friend safari." This isn't actually a complaint but a genuine question because I was given to understand that once you get the shiny charm in X/Y your chances of getting a shiny are the same as friend safari and even then your friend actually has to be online while you hunt in order to get that boost.

Was I misinformed? There's not something broken about it too that keeps it out for the rules, is there? My mind is playing guessing games on this one, so I just thought I'd go to the source of the rule and make sure there's not something up with the friend safari that would cast it out for valid shiny hunting.

Thanks!

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• I chained for a couple hours last night and eventually gave up when I went to bed.

I picked it back up again this morning and just a minute or two afterwards I stumbled across this fella!

261.png

Meet "Finch" the shiny Poochyena!

I'm happy I found him so quickly compared to my previous chaining sessions. c:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Hi! I'd like to join :). I've been hunting a Tympole the past week and my search level is already at 500 something. I've accidentally broken my chain twice, once at 247 :( and once at 178. I'm kinda losing my drive searching for it, but I took a break yesterday after I broke a low chain again and went chain fishing (because it's a bit faster) and found a shiny Wailmer after only 8 encounters. Finding a shiny Poochyena at the 57th chain on my first DexNav hunt probably set my standards a bit too high for finding shiny Pokémon, but I really want that shiny Tympole, so I'll probably keep looking for it.

Update!: Started a new chain and finally got my Tympole (only 40!)

Shinies I own:
    Zangoose (X)
    Nidoran M (X)
    Poochyena (OR, DexNav)
    Wailmer (OR, Chain Fishing)
    Tympole (OR, DexNav)

Shiny I'm hunting for:
    Ponyta (OR, DexNav)

Last edited:

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Hi all, hope we are all going well!

@Randall Raichu - if you get a Flabebe, would you evolve it or leave it as is? Always a hard choice, but I usually evolve them.

Anyway, approx 1000 Friend Safari encounters and got the right one this time! 31 IV's are SpAtt and Speed, which is perfect for what I want it for. Again, I have used some TMs already lol:

2015_01_12_09_13_55.jpg

You have no idea how jealous I am. Did you post that to taunt me? Haha :P

Years
  • XZ6weoI.jpg

Jesus. My luck lately has been insane. Going for Palkia now!

Platinum is still being a little shit not giving me a beautiful shiny Giratina, but I know it will be harder to get a shiny on Platinum than on OmegaRuby.

Good luck friends!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hey other new (and returning) people!

For the vets/owners here, I have a question. Why are shinies for the "quests" limited on "no friend safari." This isn't actually a complaint but a genuine question because I was given to understand that once you get the shiny charm in X/Y your chances of getting a shiny are the same as friend safari and even then your friend actually has to be online while you hunt in order to get that boost.

Was I misinformed? There's not something broken about it too that keeps it out for the rules, is there? My mind is playing guessing games on this one, so I just thought I'd go to the source of the rule and make sure there's not something up with the friend safari that would cast it out for valid shiny hunting.

Thanks!

The rate with the Shiny charm drops to 1/1365.3. In the Friend Safari, it drops to 1/512. So the rate is indeed much lower in the Friend Safari

You have no idea how jealous I am. Did you post that to taunt me? Haha :P

Nah, it's one that I have been hunting for specifically.

Long story short, I am going to have a battle with my little sister. She is not a great battler by any means, so while I could easily sweep her with a boost stats/baton pass team etc I just go for strong monsters. However, this time the rules said I have to have:

My starter
    An Eevelution
    3 Non-Legendary Pokemon out of a possible 5 from a random team generator. (she got 12 to chose from, to even it up).

And I decided, to make it more interesting, they were all to be shiny :)

For the 5 I randomed (didn't matter what stage, they can all be fully evolved) Numel, Noivern, Ampharos, Ekans, and Lotad. So I SR'd for a starter, and accidentally got a Torchic when I wanted Mudkip. Eevee took a bit of time and effort, but managed to get one. I also wanted Ludicolo and Ampharos for sure, and ideally I wanted Ekans as well but I hate MM, so was going to get Camerupt BUT decided 2 fires would be stupid, so Noibat it is :)

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years
  • The rate with the Shiny charm drops to 1/1365.3. In the Friend Safari, it drops to 1/512. So the rate is indeed much lower in the Friend Safari

Oh wow! I wasn't aware it was that much lower in the Friend Safari. o:
    Out of curiosity, can the Shiny Charm double up with the Friend Safari for even better odds?

And that sounds like a fun battle! I like the idea of choosing your team that way. c:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years

• Oh wow! I wasn't aware it was that much lower in the Friend Safari. o:
    Out of curiosity, can the Shiny Charm double up with the Friend Safari for even better odds?

And that sounds like a fun battle! I like the idea of choosing your team that way. c:

No, the odds for the Friend Safari stay at 1/512 regardless of Shiny charm or not. I have now caught around 12 shinies in their (don't have my Y handy to check), and it is definitely an easy way to get them. If you average almost 2 encounters a minute, that is roughly 4.5 hours on average. With 2 3DS's going and paying attention I tend to average 1 shiny ever 2-3 hours or so :)

And yeah, it is a good way to have a competition. I have never used Noibat or Lotad before, and I am running through OR with them (no special EV training, again I could and would but I would rather give my sister a better chance!). Liking both of them so far.

Years
  • Haha, congrats on all those shinies and welcome to the couple(?) new people again!
    I'm at 12,400 for Shaymin and 12,000 for Route 3 in FRLG. Just wanting some luck at this point, honestly D:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Haha, congrats on all those shinies and welcome to the couple(?) new people again!
    I'm at 12,400 for Shaymin and 12,000 for Route 3 in FRLG. Just wanting some luck at this point, honestly D:

Wow. I'm thinking you want less of the luck you seem to be getting O.O

I'll go beat up the RNG for you *bunch of racket in the background after she disappears* Okay, it better behave. If it doesn't, it loses a leg next time.

Also...I have a theory that Le Krome might be a luck vampire *eyes him suspiciously* There's gotta be a garlic pokemon in this dex somewhere...
    ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Hey Guys!

I recently got a 3DS and Omega Ruby, and I decided to start Shiny Hunting immediately after I finished the delta Episode. I'm particularly fond of chain-fishing, because I've found it to work really well!

Here are all of the shinies that I have caught myself (some I traded away)

Shiny Remoraid x7 (First one after 30 encounters!)
    Shiny Feebas x6 (First one after 13 encounters!)
    Shiny Tentacool x2
    Shiny Wailmer x2
    Shiny Magikarp x1
    Shiny Horsea x1
    Shiny Numel x1 (After a chain of only 3! My 80th encounter! Black Camerupt ftw)

Shinies I currently own (Mostly trades, I have a tab for catches and a tab for trades)

Shiny Remoraid x3, Shiny Magikarp x1
    Shiny Wailmer x1, Shiny Luvdisc x1
    Shiny Milotic x1, Shiny Goodra x1
    Shiny Camerupt x1, Shiny Throh x1
    Shiny Chandelure x1, Shiny Lunatone x1
    Shiny Shellder x1, Shiny Vanillite x1
    Shiny Golduck x1, Shiny Charizard x1
    Shiny Pidgeot x1, Shiny Genesect x1
    Shiny Mew x1

If you guys ever need a shiny Feebas, I love hunting them! Shiny Milotic is really cool, and I love doing shiny for shiny trades, so just let me know if you're interested.

I'm currently hunting: Shiny Reshiram, Shiny Ponyta, more shiny Feebas, and Shiny Porygon.

Nice to meet you guys, and I plan on posting here a lot as my shiny hunts progress!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • I literally can't even.

Lol, give it a week or 2 and you will back on a drought, wondering if your RNG is broken!

Haha, congrats on all those shinies and welcome to the couple(?) new people again!

Things will get better. Out of interest, what are you hunting on Route 3?

Wow. I'm thinking you want less of the luck you seem to be getting O.O

I'll go beat up the RNG for you *bunch of racket in the background after she disappears* Okay, it better behave. If it doesn't, it loses a leg next time.

Also...I have a theory that Le Krome might be a luck vampire *eyes him suspiciously* There's gotta be a garlic pokemon in this dex somewhere...
    ;)

This close enough?
    NBJMjWEGncd7.jpg

Hey Guys!

<snip>

If you guys ever need a shiny Feebas, I love hunting them! Shiny Milotic is really cool, and I love doing shiny for shiny trades, so just let me know if you're interested.

I'm currently hunting: Shiny Reshiram, Shiny Ponyta, more shiny Feebas, and Shiny Porygon.

Nice to meet you guys, and I plan on posting here a lot as my shiny hunts progress!

That's a pretty decent haul for a short period, good job! Welcome to the club.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • We'll have to see now. *throws a pasta ball at it*

Fun fact, a shiny garlic bread comes with cheese :D

Great...now I'm hungry...

Back