• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I've been Shiny-hunting for several years now, so I guess it's about time that I joined the Shiny Hunters Club. Here's a list of my Shinies since I began, excluding defaults (Gyarados, Haxorus) and trades:

Gen. 2
    Spoiler:

Gen. 3
    Spoiler:

Gen. 4
    Spoiler:

Gen. 5
    Spoiler:

Gen. 6
    Spoiler:

Whew... I think that covers everyone. That's a total of 133 encounters (unless I did my math wrong). EDIT: Oops, forgot Chatot. Added!

I'm currently trying to breed a Shiny Misdreavus in a Friend Ball. I think I'm up to 39 eggs so far. I'm also trying to chain a Shiny Miltank on Pearl in-between.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • I've been Shiny-hunting for several years now, so I guess it's about time that I joined the Shiny Hunters Club. Here's a list of my Shinies since I began, excluding defaults (Gyarados, Haxorus) and trades:

Gen. 2
    Spoiler:

Gen. 3
    Spoiler:

Gen. 4
    Spoiler:

Gen. 5
    Spoiler:

Gen. 6
    Spoiler:

Whew... I think that covers everyone.

I'm currently trying to breed a Shiny Misdreavus in a Friend Ball. I think I'm up to 39 eggs so far. I'm also trying to chain a Shiny Miltank on Pearl in-between.

Wow, that's a long list! I have only lost one myself (thankfully), was a terrible feeling :( Welcome to the club!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Wow, that's a long list! I have only lost one myself (thankfully), was a terrible feeling :( Welcome to the club!

I almost cried when I lost a Shiny for the first time (Graveler). Luckily, I found a Shiny Machoke shortly after (like less than 10 minutes later), so that kind of made up for it.

Quagsire was a really disappointing loss. It's one of my favorite Johto-mon and I like its Shiny colors. When it fled, I shut my game off in a rage. Definitely one that I'll try MMing eventually.

I lost Vulpix just yesterday. I forgot that it could have Roar at that level. T_T

Thanks!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • I almost cried when I lost a Shiny for the first time (Graveler). Luckily, I found a Shiny Machoke shortly after (like less than 10 minutes later), so that kind of made up for it.

Quagsire was a really disappointing loss. It's one of my favorite Johto-mon and I like its Shiny colors. When it fled, I shut my game off in a rage. Definitely one that I'll try MMing eventually.

I lost Vulpix just yesterday. I forgot that it could have Roar at that level. T_T

Thanks!

The thing that really made me sad was that I was SR'ing for a starter - it was my impatience that caused it to happen, nothing else. I instinctively just hit the reset buttons before having a proper look. Won't make that mistake again!

My sister has a Shiny Quagsire, they are cool. One day I might try for one, but at this stage I am working on a Shiny Charm in AS. Man it will take a while to get all of them!

Years
  • Congrats on all recent thingamabobs, friends!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I went back to another drought soon - before my Latias the other day, the last shiny I got was sometime about a month ago.

I'm currently going for Cobalion on OR, although truth be told I'd just about rather go for anything else. I just might take a break and go for the Regis instead. Although, if anyone would be so kind as to loan me a Dialga, I could dual hunt Giratina on OR and Platinum... Anyone feel like giving a loan to a peasant?

I'll probably end up triple hunting things once the Majora's Mask 3DS comes out, because I'm gonna pre-order it the second it's put up! I really hope I'm not asleep or busy at that time because I know it'll sell out fast and I NEED to get my hands on one. Unless I decide to sell one or both of my DSes I'll be able to go for three things at once (and four if I decide to go for a GBA shiny again... just don't like the uncertainty of FR/LG's RNG and Sapphire ran dry :/)

Good luck friends!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • HAPPY PAGE 900!!!!!!!

Holy guacamole this is still a thing?

Absolutely!!!! 900 pages and going strong, haha!! Go SHC!!

The page number is more than my number of Rotom encounters! 888 Rotom so far in Diamond! All of the shiny Ghosts will some day be mine!!

Welcome to all the new members, welcome back to returning members, and congrats on all the shinies!

Also, happy 2015!!!! You know what that means...

The 2015 Yearly Quest: Build a Region!

That's right, Shiny Hunters!! It's now 2015, and 2015 is the year of region-building!! You get to create your own land of shiny wonders, inhabited by whatever shinies you find!! This will be a little different from previous Quests: there will be tiers to further test your shiny skills!!

Tier I:

1) Find three shiny Pokemon who could serve as starters. One must be a Grass-type, one must be a Fire-type, and one must be a Water-type. All three must have three evolutionary stages.
    2) Find a shiny legendary!

Tier II:

Well, a region with just starters and a legendary is pretty small, isn't it? Maybe just a small island or something. Your region is probably one of those tiny Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres islands with a bag of starter Pokeballs on it! Let's fill it in with some more Pokemon to create a route!!

3) Find a shiny Normal-type with one evolution. It must be able to learn an HM move!
    4) Find a shiny Water-type!

Tier III: The Forest!

5) Find a shiny Bug-type with three evolutionary stages!
    6) Find another shiny Bug-type! This one can have as many or as few evolutions as you'd like.
    7) Find a shiny Grass-type!

Tier IV: The River!

8) Find a shiny Water-type!
    9) Find a shiny Grass-type!
    10) Find a shiny Ground-type!

Tier VI:

You now have a good region, replete with a route and a river and Pokemon to dwell there! But now it's time to make your region something of your own...specialize your region! Add something that gives it some character!

Tier VI Challenge: Find 5 shinies of the same type!

Tier VII:

Stones have washed up on the shore...

Tier VII Challenge:

1) Find a shiny with a Mega Evolution!
    2) Find a shiny that can evolve via Leaf, Water, or Fire Stone!
    3) Find a shiny that can evolve via Sun, Dawn, or Dusk Stone!

Tier VIII:

Make your region the best! Build the myth; create the legend!

Tier VIII Challenge:

1) Create a shiny legendary trio of three legendaries of different types or three legendaries of the same type!
    2) Create a legendary duo of two legendary Dragon- or Flying-type shinies!

At the end of the year, we'll see who has the best region! Feel free to add your own personal challenges by creating sidequests such as caves or oceans!

To get everyone started off on the same page, the first Monthly Quest of 2015 is going to be a little bit different! I now present to you...

The January Monthly Quest!!

Happy January!

Complete Tier I of the Yearly Challenge to complete this Monthly Quest!

As always, chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest. The Yearly Quest Tiers must be completed in order.

This Monthly Quest lasts until midnight EST on February 15th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Sounds like fun! I have some questions though. Starting with the need to complete the tiers in order and the January monthly quest being completion of year one, ending next month. Am I correct in assuming that if we don't make January's quest in time we can still try for the yearly quest, we just end up a month or more behind?

Years
  • Wow. I'm thinking you want less of the luck you seem to be getting O.O

I'll go beat up the RNG for you *bunch of racket in the background after she disappears* Okay, it better behave. If it doesn't, it loses a leg next time.

Also...I have a theory that Le Krome might be a luck vampire *eyes him suspiciously* There's gotta be a garlic pokemon in this dex somewhere...
    ;)

Lol, that would be appreciated! I'll let you know if it worked XD

Things will get better. Out of interest, what are you hunting on Route 3?

Jigglypuff! It's only 10% so it's gonna be quite a few phases, I imagine, and this is only my 2nd. I'd just appreciate it if the phases didn't keep going over 10k -grumbles at games-

@Le Krome What uncertainty might that be? (FRLG)?I do briefly remember G mentioning something a few months/years back, but there is a whole bunch of shiny footage on youtube and I can speak for the shinies that I've gotten that the encounters should average out at about 8000.

And, oh lord, 2015 quest. I was just thinking about doing the 2014 one not too long ago when I realised there wasn't a lot of point starting, lol. Maybe this will be the first time in 4 years I actually complete the quest?! ..of course not, I'll never complete all that XD But I think this is my favourite of them so far. So creative!

And @Saronai, yeah, the monthly quests are just an optional thing to run alongside. So, if you don't do it in January you can do it whenever else in the year, you just won't have done the special January quest.
    Unless I'm wrong! In which case, sorry! xD

Years
  • @Le Krome What uncertainty might that be? (FRLG)?I do briefly remember G mentioning something a few months/years back, but there is a whole bunch of shiny footage on youtube and I can speak for the shinies that I've gotten that the encounters should average out at about 8000.

Just the fact that there is no in-game time, so it means that the RNG starts up when you push A on Venusaur/Charizard. I'm not sure how the RNG works, but if it leaves the possibilities to continuously hit the same numbers and therefore make it waaaay more difficult to get a shiny, then I don't even want to waste my time. When I hunt on those games I save quite often to scramble it (assuming that it does indeed scramble it), but it's kinda a pain in the ass. I did manage to get a shiny Articuno once, way back when. However, I much prefer ones with in-game clocks so it's basically always different. I need to buy a new Ruby or Sapphire ;_;

Years
  • Nah, thankfully, that's not how it works- the timer starts as soon as the game reaches the "press start" screen, for determining a seed, and so I'm petty sure that means the frames you hit will always be different. The RNG doesn't start when you press A, or I don't think anyone'd have bothered to get a starter on there, save for RNG abuse, aha!
    Hopefully that eases your mind a bit? But no, only Emerald is inherently iffy to hunt on.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Nah, thankfully, that's not how it works- the timer starts as soon as the game reaches the "press start" screen, for determining a seed, and so I'm petty sure that means the frames you hit will always be different. The RNG doesn't start when you press A, or I don't think anyone'd have bothered to get a starter on there, save for RNG abuse, aha!
    Hopefully that eases your mind a bit? But no, only Emerald is inherently iffy to hunt on.

And Emerald shinies don't count for our quests, right? It was one I was playing through again to stop at each legendary hoping for a shiny.

G-Money

Years
  • 950 Rotom

And @Saronai, yeah, the monthly quests are just an optional thing to run alongside. So, if you don't do it in January you can do it whenever else in the year, you just won't have done the special January quest.
    Unless I'm wrong! In which case, sorry! xD

Yup, this is totally right!

And Emerald shinies don't count for our quests, right? It was one I was playing through again to stop at each legendary hoping for a shiny.

You can count one shiny per frame! Like, if you always get a shiny 43 seconds in, you can count that "43-second frame shiny" and then count other shinies if they're from different times in. Emerald doesn't really work well for SRing for multiple shiny legendaries, since you'll get the same frames over and over unless you stagger the time a little more each time. The best way to hunt on Emerald, in my opinion, is to leave the game running and plugged in so you can find shinies on really unlikely frames, like 4 days and 15 hours in!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I didn't really understand how to game the RNG on Emerald when I read it, so what you just said made more sense of it for me, thanks. Yeah, that sounds really complicated still though. Am I correct in thinking if I leave it plugged in for a few days though and come back to it and the legendary isn't shiny, I can't check again immediately after (so basically I'd have to check every few days, only once? Or do the chances increase the longer it is plugged in and on?

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I know it doesn't count for the quest, but I just got my very first friend safari shiny, so I wanted to share anyway :D

smaug.png

He was only the third or fourth one I encountered while trying to reveal what was in the safari of a recently added friend.

I don't have many shinies I've caught or bred personally, so I'm still excited ^_^

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I hatched my Shiny Misdreavus last night after 157 eggs! :D

Also, after a few days of trying, I finally got up to a chain of 40 Miltank in Pearl. However, while waiting for the PokéRadar to charge after the 50th or so reset, I accidentally ran into a patch that broke my chain. T_T

I'll probably go for a Shiny Wooper/Quagsire next. I'm currently trying to Nature/IV breed one for MMing, though I'd be fine with hatching a Shiny before I get it.

Other Shinies I'm interested in hunting: Weavile, Absol, Flygon, Whimsicott, Wigglytuff, Heracross, Ninetales, Pidgeot, Braviary, Pumpkaboo, Haunter, Gengar, Meganium, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowstic (M), Shuckle, Aurorus (though I probably won't try for one until the HA is released), Magnemite, and Lucario

G-Money

Years
  • 1066 Rotom
    2781 Froakie

I didn't really understand how to game the RNG on Emerald when I read it, so what you just said made more sense of it for me, thanks. Yeah, that sounds really complicated still though. Am I correct in thinking if I leave it plugged in for a few days though and come back to it and the legendary isn't shiny, I can't check again immediately after (so basically I'd have to check every few days, only once? Or do the chances increase the longer it is plugged in and on?

Each unit of time after the game's been turned on (you can think of these in terms of seconds) either always guarantees a shiny, or it always guarantees a non-shiny. For example, encountering a Pokemon 1 second into the game might always result in not getting a shiny. So no matter how many times you SR, if you get to the Pokemon one second after turning on the game, you'll always encounter the same Pokemon. If you want to try SRing, see if it's a shiny after waiting one second...if it isn't, then try seeing if it's a shiny after waiting two seconds...then three...etc. The thing about leaving it on for hours just helps to get you to a new second that you haven't seen before!

just got my very first friend safari shiny

Congrats!

I hatched my Shiny Misdreavus last night after 157 eggs! :D

Other Shinies I'm interested in hunting: Weavile, Absol, Flygon, Whimsicott, Wigglytuff, Heracross, Ninetales, Pidgeot, Braviary, Pumpkaboo, Haunter, Gengar, Meganium, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowstic (M), Shuckle, Aurorus (though I probably won't try for one until the HA is released), Magnemite, and Lucario

Congrats!! That's an awesome list of targets, too - I'd really like to see you get all of them! Go for it!

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• It's been a good week for shiny hunting! I finally got around to obtaining the shiny Haxorus and shiny Dratini on my older games, and then earlier

today I traded for a shiny Zigzagoon. c: Now I'm working on chaining a shiny Ralts, hoooopefully with it's hidden ability. *crosses fingers*

612.png
    147.png
    263.png

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Grats on all your new shinies too :D

I'm currently lining up a bunch of love and dream ball breeding hoping for shinies, but just trying to at least maximize that line's IVs and natures for my stock.

I have them so that they could each serve as a starter line and didn't see where MMing the shinies for the quest was disallowed, but then you do say "find" a shiny. I'll be breeding these pokes anyway, but hopefully a surprise shiny might count for the quest. If not, a surprise shiny will be nice anyway :D

I'm going for Roselia (grass), Horsea (water), and the actual fire starter, Fennekin (except in a luxury ball).

I have no idea what my shiny legendary goal will be. I'm supposing that breeding my manaphy for a better IV phione is not going to count and there aren't any past games I have lined up...though my Zapdos in X is still waiting for me, but I'm not sure if it's shiny locked or I'm stuck with the one I kept encountering.

Last edited:
    Back