• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
  • 7100 Rusturf Tunnel encounters
    4803 Route 110 encounters

I've passed the expectation for my Central Hoenn hunt, although no one hunt has hit 8192 since I've returned from my ocean/Petalburg Woods excursion. I'll take another break soon to return to Kalos's Mélancolie Path in search of a Halloween shiny!!

Anyone want to go Pumpkaboo picking with me? :pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Shinies I was going to use for the quest until I found chained ones don't count.
    - Caterpie - Bug
    - Chatot - Flying
    - Jigglypuff - Fairy
    - Slowpoke - Physic
    - Houndour - Dark
    - Wingull - Flying

Not for the quest:
    - Basculin
    - Basculin
    - Poliwhirl
    - Whismur
    - Zubat
    - Poliwhirl (Yes I really couldn't find a Dratini!)

Current Hunts:
    - LUGIA (9k sr's so far)
    - Shiny Starter on Soul Silver (1k resets so far)
    - Hording Floatzel

G-Money

Years
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHINY WHISMUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, got it!! ^^ Shiny Whismur appeared on encounter #7317 in the Rusturf Tunnel!! I caught it in the first Premier Ball!! I love how the green contrasts with the pink of the rest of Whismur - it's got a really nice color scheme!

Spoiler:

Shinies I was going to use for the quest until I found chained ones don't count.
    - Caterpie - Bug
    - Chatot - Flying
    - Jigglypuff - Fairy
    - Slowpoke - Physic
    - Houndour - Dark
    - Wingull - Flying

Not for the quest:
    - Basculin
    - Basculin
    - Poliwhirl
    - Whismur
    - Zubat
    - Poliwhirl (Yes I really couldn't find a Dratini!)

Current Hunts:
    - LUGIA (9k sr's so far)
    - Shiny Starter on Soul Silver (1k resets so far)
    - Hording Floatzel

You've completed the Fall Seasonal Quest!!!!!! That's awesome, congrats!!! And chained ones absolutely do count - the Seasonal Quests work like the Yearly Quest, in that there are two parallel hunts: one doesn't count chained or Friend Safaried Pokemon, but the other one does! You can also get a whole extra team counted towards the Yearly Quest by getting a Ghost shiny to replace one of your Flying-types!

Good luck on your hunts (especially your Lugia reclaim!!)!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    After doing 1,000 horde encounters total for a shiny Nidoran/Stunky/Starly with no luck I went into a Friend Safari with Ponyta, Larvesta and Ninetales. I found a shiny Ponyta on the first encounter.

This Ponyta will become a Rapidash and that's another gen 1 shiny to check off the list.

I previously did 1,000 encounters in this friend safari without a shiny as well as about 30 for my first shiny Ponyta and another 200 or so for a shiny Larvesta. But still no luck on Ninetales.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I had a go at soft resetting for a Shiny Fossil Pokemon today on my X game (I have the Shiny Charm). I collected 21 random fossils from Glittering Cave and after only 180 or so fossil revives (And a few soft resets) I got a

Shiny Male Lileep - Now this took me by surprise I had never found a Shiny by soft resetting before but now I have one. What's more Grass is my favourite type and the Lileep line is the only Grass Type fossil Pokemon. Of the 21 fossils I randomly collected I only had two Root Fossils making the Lileep shine even more special and surprising.

He has a Hasty nature with the Suction Cups ability. I am unsure whether to evolve it or not as Shiny Lileep really suits the green and pink colour scheme.

I plan to train it up to a solid level and use it for chain fishing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So while doing a little EV training on Route 111 the second horde I encountered had a shiny Sandshrew in it. I caught her and called her Ruby and now she is a gorgeous shiny Sandslash

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I did a 111 chain for a Wailmer I got a no nibble. After I went to a new spot and found a shiny Wailmer at 72 fish chains. I was standing on the edge during the first chain so I decided to surf and found a corner.

I evolved it into Wailord. I also evolved my second Ponyta into Rapidash and I'm planning to evolve my second Pikachu next once it learns Thunder and I find out if I have enough Thunderstones between my games to evolve all the shiny Pokémon that need them to evolve.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hey guys, congrats on all the new shinies! And bad luck AngelYT!

Still working on filling up my living pokedex. Turns out I lost quite a few of them somewhere :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I just had one of the most painful shiny experiences ever. I was playing Diamond, leading Mira out of Wayward cave when we stumbled onto a shiny Bronzor. Now I promptly ordered my Pachirisu to encourage Mira's Kadabra to sit this one out so that I could add the luck of the Irish to my team. Team Bronzor had other plans, and they were Confuse Ray. Needless to say, Mira's Kadabra must have hated the color green, because he made a massive attack against shiny Bronzor. But Pachirisu took more than half Kadabra's health, so I knew the next attack would take him out and I could take care of business. But Patchirisu hit himself in confusion and Mira took my hopes and dreams and used Rock Smash on them.

I just want to end this by declaring my undying hatred of Mira. One day, I will have a shiny Bronzor. And when I do, I'll bludgeon her with it.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hey Shiny Hunters Club,

I haven't posted here before, but I've been shiny hunting on and off since shiny Pokemon were added in Gen 2. In my first play through of Pokemon Silver, I caught a shiny Noctowl and Shiny Sudowoodo, and I had them as my team mates because they sparkled for months before I realized they were "shiny"/alternate colors to regular ones of there species. Especially as the Sudowoodo was the first one I'd ever seen.

Generation IV, in HeartGold was where I put in my biggest commitment to shiny hunting, and successfully filled a number of boxes, most of which now reside in my Gen VI games.
    I've done some Gen VI hunting and trading, so my collection is growing.

With Sun and Moon coming soon, I'm looking forward to quickly finishing the national dex yet again (done so in all generations), and then for the first time I'm going to attempt for a shiny dex.

Below is a list of my current shiny collection, sorted by region;

Kanto
    Spoiler:

Johto
    Spoiler:

Hoenn
    Spoiler:

Sinnoh
    Spoiler:

Unova
    Spoiler:

Kalos
    Spoiler:

G-Money

Years
  • 9200 Route 110 encounters
    4700 Mélancolie Path encounters

We're the featured Club!! Woot woot!

I know that I'm doing a mini Hoenn tour, but there are so many cool Pokemon on Route 110 that I keep on doing encounters here, haha. I'd be happy getting any of the possible shinies from this route - Gulpin and Electrike are especially cool Hoenn Pokemon!!

Do you ever think about your shinies as sort of "filling in" a region? Since I've been hunting in Hoenn for so long, I've been thinking about the map of Hoenn and where all of my shinies would fit in. I think it'd be pretty cool to think of your shinies as being all throughout the region, with tons of different routes having Pokemon represented by your shinies. When I think of the shinies I'd like to get for my Hoenn mini-tour, I visualize them by route, thinking, like, "and on Route 110, I'd like to have a shiny Gulpin or Electrike, and in the Sandstorm I'd like to have a shiny Trapinch, and from the volcano area I'd like a shiny Numel" and so on. With nearly all of my hunting time being in the same region over the past year (with the two exceptions being Ghost-hunting excursions for Frillish and Pumpkaboo [I'll get them eventually!! >:(]), I've actually made quite a bit of progress! Looking at the map, my shinies fill in a good deal of Hoenn!!

Hoenn%20Mini-Tour_zpsphm2pu23.png

Good thing I went and got those Clamperl, or else the whole ocean would be pretty much empty, haha!

I include the Pokemon that I didn't catch in Hoenn too, since many non-Hoenn Pokemon can be found there and it makes my map look sooooo much better!!! and when someone walks into a route, there's still a chance of running into a G-Money shiny, even if that Pokemon was caught in another game.

I'm going to try to work on Central and Northwest Hoenn now to fill in more of my map. :happy:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I do like Ponyta's shiny better then Rapidash but since I already have a shiny Ponyta and needed a shiny Rapidash I had to evolve it.

Edit: Just found a second shiny Meinfoo in Friend Safari, will evolve it into Mienshao. It was 332.

Last night I also found aa second shiny Larvesta in the Ninetales safari. It was 115 encounters. Now I have the painful task of leveling them up 20 and 29 levels to evolve.
    Hoping to find a full odds shiny Lickitung during this. Have my Damp Quagsire and Telekinesis Gothitelle ready for the Geodude and Graveler's.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Hey, it's been a while since I last posted on here. I've been looking for a shiny Butterfree in the friend safari during the past few weeks and I just found and caught a shiny Volbeat instead.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • a lot of pictures!

Well it has been a while, since my last post... Sorry sometimes don't feel like typing whole textblocks ect... Was lurking tho :D

I can say that I finished the Fall Quest W00t!
    Members of my team will be updated here later (with pics ofc :) )
    I sadly didn't get the last team member i wanted, but the team I have is valid, I will pursue that dang purple spider later...
    UPDATE

FALL QUEST TEAM!! All caught within the allowed timeframe, if dates are needed I'll update.
    Shuppet: 224 hordes (Mt Pyrte)
    Spoink: 690 hordes+dexnav (not without finding 3 shiny machops first (see pics below) (jagged path)
    Poochyena: 130 dexnav (route 102)
    Jigglypuff: 133 dexnav (route 115)
    Golbat: 127 hordes (sky pillar)
    Swablu: 708 hordes (sky pillar) 5%

Spoiler:

Golbat & swablu were caught while going for ariados.. caught two more golbat (pics below) & still going for ariados. So might get more..

I also got two team ready for the Yearly Quest, grinding to get more.
    These members will also stay hiding until later :P
    UPDATE

YEARLY QUEST
    Team Grass
    Bulbasaur: 573 eggs (battle resort)
    Hoppip: ??? hordes (data lost on old phone) (Pokemon X)
    Phantump ??? dexnav (data lost on old phone) (petalburg woods)
    Sewaddle ??? dexnav (data lost on old phone) (route 101)
    Lotad: 400+ dexnav (route 114)
    Cottenee 1000+ dexnav (petalburg woods)

Spoiler:

TEAM BUG
    Yanma: ??? hordes (data lost) (pokemon X)
    Joltik: ??? dexnav (data lost) (route 116)
    Paras: ??? dexnav (data lost) (petalburg woods)
    Surskit ??? dexnav (data lost) (route 102)
    Wurmple ??? dexnav (data lost) (petalburg woods)
    Kakuna ??? dexnav (data lost) (safari zone)

Spoiler:

SHINIES CAUGHT & NOT YET PART OF A TEAM
    Vanillite: ??? hordes (Frost cavern)
    Caught while going for cubchoo

Machop x3
    Got 2 while trying to get spoink (jagged path)
    Also evolved the extra's so now I got the whole machop line shiny Woot!!
    Machop: ??? hordes (didn't count) (route 112)
    Machoke: 295 hordes (jagged path)
    Machamp 431 hordes (jagged path)

Golbat x2
    Got 3 but one is in the fall team, got all of them while going for ariados in sky pillar.
    Golbat 2: 815 hordes (sky pillar)
    Golbat 3: 920 hordes (sky pillar)

Spoiler:

As always congrats on the new boatload of shinies
    *sending shiny vibes*

Also welcome to everyone that's new, or "old" and has joined (again)

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Trevenant - Caught after only 10 hordes in the Spooky Forest near Snowbelle City. It was on the far right of the hoard and has a Timid Nature with the Frisk Ability. I really like the ghostly White with orange leaves as well as the haunting purple eye. Trevenant is an ideal Halloween Shiny and is one of my favourite Gen 6 Shinys.

As well as being a perfect Shiny for Halloween this Pokemon completes my Grass team for the year:

Shiny Male Jumpluff - Caught as a Hoppip in a horde in X
    Shiny Female Victreebell (Harriet) - Caught as a Weepinbell in X
    Shiny Male Lileep - Obtained by Soft resetting fossils in X.
    Shiny Female Vileplume (Melanie) - Caught as an Oddish via Pokerader in Alpha Sapphire
    Shiny Female Bellossom (Bridget) - Caught as an Oddish via Pokerader in Alpha Sapphire. Incredibly on the same day as her sister Melanie. :0
    Shiny Male Trevenant - Caught in a horde in X.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I started doing some Pokeradar chaining on Platinum again as I find it easier than chaining in X/Y. I managed to get a shiny Bidoof from a chain of 26.

Edit: Caught a shiny Shellos (West sea version) from a chain of 40.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Decided to Friend Safari hunt today to try and finish the Oddish line, I had previously found 1 Oddish via dexnav and that was it.

First I found a shiny Oddish in 53 encounters, then I continued in the same safari and found a second Oddish 81 encounters later, or 134 overall.

Then decided to switch to a Poison safari to find Gloom, found Gloom in 9 encounters.

I should mention the Oddish safari also had Petilil in it, while the poison safari had Whirlipede and Venomoth.

I'm evolving the first Oddish into Vileplume and the second into Bellossom.

Funny story, I had just traded a bunch of Pokemon over at 80 encounters so technically the second Oddish was the first encounter back into that safari.

Also I only had my Flame Body Talonflame when I found the second Oddish, luckily it didn't know any physical attacks. I caught the Oddish that will Vileplume in a Dusk Ball and the other in a Heal Ball. I caught Gloom in a Nest Ball.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found another shiny Espurr in FS at 315 encounters.

It's female and I'm planning to evolve it.

Back