• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Well, I am dumb. Caught a Grubbin, not a Charjabug, but it is now a Vikavolt anyway so doesn't matter :)

Congrats Lilygardy and AngelYT. Will be nice once someone finds out definitively the shiny odds with the SOS method.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I found a shiny Psyduck at 469 Dexnav encounters. I only had one Dive Ball in my bag and paralyzed it but was afraid to attack it, so I threw the dive ball and it caught...

Spoiler:

As I was writing this I found this in 83 encounters.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • It's been awhile since I've posted here. BUT, I did find a shiny Rockruff early on while playing Pokemon Sun!
    I think it's the luckiest I've gotten with any Pokemon game~

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Well, I am dumb. Caught a Grubbin, not a Charjabug, but it is now a Vikavolt anyway so doesn't matter :)

Congrats Lilygardy and AngelYT. Will be nice once someone finds out definitively the shiny odds with the SOS method.

Thank you and congrats to you also! I personally believe that the odds are the same as if you were friend safari hunting in pokemon x and y. The average is around 300. Some people have chains in the 1000's if they are unlucky, yet lucky people get it before like 20 encounters. Knowing that it only went out by 1000 it can't be 1/4096. So that is what I think anyways. I also think the sos encounter rate will have something to do with the shiny odds. For my Tentacool it was fast because it has a sos encounter rate of 15 which is the highest, so it was a fast hunt. If it is uncommon like cutiefly (rate of 9) it takes longer. Again there is no proof but just my speculation.

call rates: http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Thank you and congrats to you also! I personally believe that the odds are the same as if you were friend safari hunting in pokemon x and y. The average is around 300. Some people have chains in the 1000's if they are unlucky, yet lucky people get it before like 20 encounters. Knowing that it only went out by 1000 it can't be 1/4096. So that is what I think anyways. I also think the sos encounter rate will have something to do with the shiny odds. For my Tentacool it was fast because it has a sos encounter rate of 15 which is the highest, so it was a fast hunt. If it is uncommon like cutiefly (rate of 9) it takes longer. Again there is no proof but just my speculation.

call rates: http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW

Yeah, I am unsure really. I added 2 more yesterday: A Mudbray after 12 SOS calls and a Crabrawler after 40. I guess I could just be really lucky, but the rumoured rate of 1/512 seems too high. Maybe it's more like 1/256? And I wonder if maybe chains do matter, as I have been sticking with it for one long chain and have had some pretty good results....

106 SOS
    246 SOS
    117 SOS
    12 SOS
    40 SOS

(and 1 completely random encounter at 1/4096 where I wasn't even looking for it).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Two more Sun Shinys:

Trainer - Rebecca

Shiny Female Rockruff (Marla) - Caught on a chain of around 150 she has 4 perfect IVs (Hp, SpA, SpD, Speed) and a Careful Nature. She also has her Hidden Ability Steadfast. I really like the blue colouration here. She is now a Shiny Blue Midday Lycanroc. One of my favourite Gen 7 Shinys. This was an awkward Pokemon to chain due to the Rockruff's use of Sand Attack meaning lots of switching but I am very pleased to get this Shiny.

Shiny Male Pikipek (Proton) - Caught on Route 1 and hunted because Pikipek are very easy to chain. The Shiny appeared on a chain of around 110. He has a Relaxed nature with four perfect IVs (HP, Attack, Defence, Speed). He is now a Shiny Toucannon. I like how the colouration is significantly different on the Shinys especially Toucannon, check out that pink beak.

Next Hunt - Fomantis

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Had some crazy luck today, I went into a Psychic friend safari and found a shiny Duosion in 6 encounters, then I stayed in the same safari and found a shiny Abra 10 encounters after the Duosion. It was actually the first Abra to appear. The first shiny Abra I found in this safari awhile back was a 3rd encounter and also the first of its species to appear. I will evolve the Abra into Kadabra and I might evolve the Duosion.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found a shiny Porygon today via Dexnav, only 282 incounters.

Spoiler:

I recently hatched about 715 eggs in Y for a shiny Porygon without one, want to keep hatching eggs for Porygon2.

Last edited:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Newest shinies:

Pokemon Moon (Shiny Charm)
    - Shiny female Rockruff with 4 iv's after 157 s.o.s encounters! :D
    - Shiny male Stufful with 4 iv's after 70 s.o.s encounters!
    - Shiny female Fomantis with 4 iv's after 101 s.o.s encounters!
    - SHINY MALE MIMIKYU IN 18 S.O.S ENCOUNTERS YAASSS!! :D (2 iv's rip)
    - SHINY MALE TOGEDEMARU IN 110 S.O.S ENCOUNTERS MY TWO FAVOURITES YASSS!! :D (5 IVS!!)
    - Shiny Female Hakan-mo in 25 sos encounters with 2 Iv's
    - Shiny Male Alolan Meowth in 72 sos encounters with 5 iv's!

Pokemon Y (Shiny Charm)
    - Shiny Farfetch'd male in the friend safari whilst looking for a shiny Rufflet
    - Shiny female Wartortle in the friend safari :)
    - Shiny Larvestar female while looking for a Braixen in the friend safari :)
    - Shiny Lampent whilst looking for spiritomb ;(
    - Another Lampent... 5 encounters later..

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found shiny Growlithe today after 506 Dexnav. I started hunting for it after I got the first Vulpix and found a second shiny Vulpix during the hunt.

Spoiler:

I tried shiny hunting for it in Moon but it had Roar so I decided dexnaving was a better way to go.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    I'd be interested in joining!

Only listing the Shinies I personally caught:
    Staryu, Finneon, Clauncher.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I found a shiny Shuppet in 207 Dexnav encounters.

Edit: 12/9/16 I was dexnaving for Seedot and was hopping on the bite to get a Pokémon to pop up and a Lillipup popped up and I saw the sparkle out of the corner of my eye.

I'm not incredibly familiar with gen 4 and 5 Pokémon and I thought Lillipup's shiny was lighter but I honestly thought I had imagined seeing the sparkles. At night it looks so much like the non shiny. I went to the PC after catching it to double check and it was a shiny. I had to compare it with the one in my pc to find out the true differences. It's a different shade of brown, but not in a way where you can easily tell if you haven't seen the Pokémon much in your life.

If I had not seen the sparkles out of the corner of my eye I would of knocked it out... I typically do have the sound on when hunting shinies that have little differences, but I didn't notice it was a Lillipup until I encountered it.

The search level was 46.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Hey so I'm new to this website, and also shiny hunting which I only got serious about this year and I'd love to join! I'm trying to make a shiny living dex but I'm not very far yet.

My shinies so far:

Torchic in Pokemon Ruby evolved to Blaziken (not counting it for my dex till I get it in later gens since I think my cartridge isn't legit ;; )
    Zigzagoon evolved to Linoone in Pokemon Omega Ruby
    Wartortle evolved to Blastoise in Pokemon X
    Eevee evolved to Vaporeon in Pokemon X

I'm currently hunting for:

Reshiram in Pokemon Omega Ruby
    Rowlett in Pokemon Sun (through breeding)
    any random encounter shiny in Pokemon Ruby
    Rockruff in Pokemon Sun

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm on a chain fishing spree. Aiming to get all fishing pokemon shiny.

Finished up Route 3 a while ago, on Route 22 trying for Carvanha. I've gotten 2 Goldeen so far; hope it won't take too long.

Shinies: Magikarp, Goldeen, Corphish, Gyarados, Seaking, Crawdaunt.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Hey, guys. Long time no see. I haven't been focused on shiny hunting in a while as I've been busy with college as well as finishing the main story for Pokemon Moon. Just today, I was looking for Pokemon I need to complete the pokedex in the Lush Jungle and I found a full odds shiny Caterpie.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this would be consider "shiny hunting" but I managed to snag a shiny Porygon-Z from the GTS when I was trying to complete my dex!
    The trader requested a Masquerain, which was strange, but that didn't stop me from panicking and trying to find it in my box XD.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Continuing on from yesterday. I moved to Route 8/Cyllage City. Broke the chain way too many times before I got a solid streak going.
    Managed to get a shiny Luvdisc, Horsea, Skrelp and multiple Qwilfish.
    I must've been fishing for 3 hours trying to get a Dragalge, but Qwilfish kept showing.

I moved to Route 12 where I got a Corsola, and the ultra rare 5% Gorebyss. Thank god, that's crossed off my list. Probably gonna stay on Route 12 for Octillery, then move to Azure Bay.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Did you get Dratini yet? I had my longest fish chain of like 270 before I got my 5th shiny Basculin. -_-
    Then the next time I chained for it I got Dratini in only 61.

For Dragalge I got it while hunting for Qwilfish, got it at 98, then Qwilfish at 65 after.

For fish chaining I still need 2 Horsea, 2 Shellder, 2 Staryu and 1 Clamperl for Huntail.

Anyways today I found a shiny Drifblim in 36 Friend Safari encounters, then later in the day found a shiny Nosepass in Friend Safari at 12. I will evolve the Nosepass.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Had a rough day today: no Octillerys, just another Corsola after about 2-3 hours of fishing. Decided to go to Azure Bay and got nothing. I broke the chain way too often. So I went to the Friend Safari for a change in pace, and I got an Espurr, which is very nice. All in all, not that big of a catch compared to the previous days.

I'm gonna have to buckle down really hard to get the 5% chain fishing shinies. Not sure whether to try for Starmie or Dratini/Dragonair next. Hopefully my luck will be slightly better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Managed to get a shiny Machop while shiny racing with a friend. SOS is kind to me. Was around 150+ or so on a chain.

Now have a nice green Machamp for my living dex aha :^)

Back