• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
  • The first shiny I ever got in Y version was a Dragalge that I found by chain fishing.

I think chaining with the Pokeradar is a lot harder in this game than in D/P/Pt. But that didn't stop me from getting a shiny Skiddo.

I caught a shiny Ivysaur in the friend safari and I wanted another one so me and my boyfriend can both have one (he likes Ivysaur more than me). After about 5 hours of searching, I found another one. However, it killed itself with Take Down after I used False Swipe. But that's not the first time I failed to catch a shiny; I once found a shiny Basculin while chain fishing and it killed itself with Final Gambit. That's why I now always stock up on quick balls.

Another time, I was looking in a friend safari to see which Pokemon it had and I found a shiny Seviper. After I caught it, I was looking around to see what other Pokemon that safari had and then I found another shiny Seviper. That's two in a row! What's funny is that I wasn't actually trying to find any shinies that time.

Just last week, I got a shiny Lugia on wonder trade.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I've actually picked up my X game and started in the Friend Safari to see if I could scrape together some Pokemon to use Pokemon Bank with, was in a Fairy safari and I managed a shiny Togepi. Currently working on a Steel safari with Metang and Mawile in it, no luck in two days. Drought time! :D

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I swear, this game has something against me ever hatching a shiny houndour.

I've bred hundreds upon hundreds and no dice (Masuda Method & Shiny Charm).
    Once in a while I'll get bored and switch to breeding for a different shiny and BAM! Shiny within one box worth of eggs.
    It's infuriating.

I feel you there! I bred a shiny Fennekin (favorite starter besides Chikorita) within 50 eggs, and soon after I tried for a shiny Noibat and a shiny Goomy. Hundreds and hundreds of eggs and I got nothing. Certainly infuriating.

Years
  • Shinies! I love collecting shinies~ I've been trying various methods myself. Got a few through Masuda method (Chikorita was the first one I hatched), Pokéradar (Shinx on Diamond, first shiny I ever caught), chain fishing (got a shiny Horsea off a ridiculously short chain!) and horde farming (for Mareep).

My latest shiny was a Joltik, which I hatched after maybe, what, 800 eggs or something. Pretty sure I went through at least 25 boxes. Managed to hatch him on my way to a night out with friends, in the subway, back in November. He's still nameless DX. My current hunt is Spinarak, again, through Masuda method. I'm about a hundred eggs in.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    got a shinny magikarp and poliwag i got chain fishing in X. been trying to breed a shiny Ponyta, but its not going so well.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've been playing Y recently, trying to fill my Pokedex, at least all the Pokémon I can get with just 1 game and system.

I recently evolved a Magneton into Magnezone and was in Lost Hotel looking for another Magneton to breed Magnemite and I encountered maybe 8 Pawniard, actually left and decided to come back in, when boom first encounter back in a blue one appears.

I don't have shiny charm obviously, this is the first shiny I've found ever, I think odds are 1 in 8000 or something so.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2016
    So far I only caught a shiny pikachu, that's the only shiny i've ever seen.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • The only legit shiny I got was a Gulpin in an X/Y horde. I've never found a shiny the really hard way (just finding it in the wild), besides the time I found a shiny Geodude which knew self destruct ._.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I actually have some fun stories about shinies and running into them.

The first shiny Pokemon I ever ran into (With the exception of Gyrados) was way back in the year 2000 in Pokemon Silver. It was a Rhyhorn and I killed it :( What a fool. It sounds silly to say now but I didn't have the internet or anything back then and no one I knew really had a clue about shiny pokemon. We just assumed Gyrados was the only one.

The next shiny I saw wasn't until Black. That was the game I started EV training in so I ran into the same pokemon over and over again. The first shiny I ever caught... was my favorite pokemon, Golduck. You can't make that up.

Then I saw a shiny Geodude in a horde at Victory Road. But the other Geodudes used magnitude and killed it. You don't understand how angry I was.

Finally, the last Shiny I ever caught was Volbeat but the backstory is kind of funny. My friend would trade me different pokemon he liked and I would breed them with good natures and perfect IVs so we could battle eachother. He traded me a Squirtle he hatched from an egg and I bred the Squirtle to try and get a Modest nature. From the front you can't really tell if Squirtle is shiny or not. I took it out of the daycare and was about to release it when I noticed the little red star. (I almost didn't tell him) But I ended up telling him it was shiny and he wanted it back. So I go outside to hatch the Squrtle eggs and THE FIRST pokemon I run into (by accident) is a shiny Volbeat.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I just started my first week of shiny hunting. Here's what I was able to obtain so far.
    I hatched 4 shiny Eevees and found a shiny garbodor, Sneasel, Sigilyph and
    a Vullaby.

Years
  • there are only a few shinies i've been encountered. 2 zubats, wingull, 2 scraggy, nidoran male and female, nosepass, roggenrola, gligar, weepinbell, and trenevant in hordes. magikarp and basculin in fishing chain. 2 wartortles, krabby, dedenne, swirlix, noibat in friend safari. ditto in random encounter. and, pancham and rufflet in masuda method. i'm not really good in finding shinies.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • All this weekend, I'll be looking for shinies of spring or easter themed Pokemon; Wigglytuff, Exeggcute, Togepi, Mareep, Azumarill, Torchic, Whismur, Audino, Deerling/Sawsbuck. If there's any others that I've missed, let me know (I've already got shiny Buneary and Lopunny which is why I didn't list them).

While I was looking for shiny Exeggcute this morning, I found and caught a shiny Wingull from a horde.

Back