• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
  • Just got my first shiny through breeding. was trying to get a female dream ball lucario with justified. I missed it hatching tho which sucks as it was the first shiny I've hatched before. Ability was prankster and it's male but h'es still shiny and in a dream ball too. I haven' t done IV testing yet but he should be good as his parents were pedigree.

Years
  • I'm not even hunting anymore I'm just letting the shinies come so they're pretty much acidentals. Recently I've caught a random shiny flabebe, mm'd FalcnAmerica (Braviary) and Green Goblin

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    lol I just hatched a shiny Shellder while doing a breeding request. Wasn't even trying for a shiny, don't even have the Shiny Charm.

Ah but it has Shell Armor and not Skill Link. Oh well, another one for my collection.

RNG, u so strange......

Years
  • I myself haven't found any shinies in Gen VI since 2015 started, but there have been some that catch my eye and I might go for them some time in ORAS once I have the Shiny Charm there. But I haven't been much into hunting them down lately.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • I'm so depressed (shiny fail)

So today I was just re-playing through pokemon X with a frokie that I bred and I ran into this on my first encounter of the day:

shiny_gulpin_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6u3ihb.png

Unfortunately my only pokemon was a lv 9 frokie and it was a hoard battle soooo they pounded me to death.... ;-;

View attachment 74486

Like if you cry every time.

Reactions: Z25

Zaheer

Chaos is the natural order
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    Oh X/Y how I love thee. Increased odds and an entire generation of shinies with easily noticeable shiny forms? Yes please!

First was a random Shiny Mareep in a horde.
    Then what's that? Oh my! A shiny Spiritomb, Illumise, Aipom, and Ditto? Oh my.
    Afterwards a shiny Spinda decided to grace me.
    I also have a Shiny Seadra, Clauncher, Magikarp, and Quilfish. All caught at chains less than 5.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Decided to take a break from trying to hatch a shiny Houndour today. Figured I'd try for Mareep. Second egg in and this little lady popped out.

axsEiZw.jpg

Guess it's back to Houndours for a while. :P

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Oooo, a shiny thread..yes!

I LOVE catching shinies..
    Well..sometimes..
    ..Sometimes it's just too time consuming and the pokeradar wants to act like a butthole an idiot most of the time..

But sure, I'll talk about shinies now..Ever since I got my first shiny ever within 10 mins, I became addicted to it. It's like the game Never ends to me personally, unless I were to catch every single shiny out there. The fact that the pokemon is a different color, sparkles a bit, and is very rare makes me REALLY like it...I'm literally addicted to it..

Charmeleon (now Charizard w/ Charizardite X) is my most prized shiny..And my very first one :3
    And about an hour ago, I was shiny hunting for Seviper in a Friend Safari!
    ....ended up getting shiny Garbodor instead.....

Anywho, I'm REALLY interested in getting a friend safari with Onix in it..Or Klang..or Hawlucha..If you have one with any of those in it, please let me know! My friend safari is grass with some pretty cool pokemon in it..in my opinion..

I also have a Shiny Seadra, Clauncher, Magikarp, and Quilfish. All caught at chains less than 5.

Dang..My shortest chain for a golden Magikarp was 12 this morning..I thought that was impressive, but after reading this - less than 5 is awesome..
    I failed 190 chains when looking for a shiny Relicanth..Then when I tried again, one appeared after 3. ..Like, does that actually Count as 3 or 193..? It feels like 193 to be honest, lol!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm jealous of you guys with shiny Dunsparce js.

I have quite a bit of shinies in XY thanks to the better chances in a few areas haha. I haven't masuda method one yet (not including my shiny Sylveon I got back when those shiny egg values were a big thing) but I've gotten plenty through chain fishing and a few through the friend safari.

My latest two were actually a Shiny Munna that I got from a friend safari that I managed to find last night for a challenge I'm doing. ♥ Before that I was trying to get a shiny Vanillite though a horde which, after I got my Shiny Munna, went back to do and not long after I started again I found her. So happy with both my shinies for my challenge aaaa.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    So today, the friend safari was literally beating the crap outta me..
    Tried over three hours for shiny Druddigon..no shinies at all..
    Took a break..

Tried to get a shiny Onix from a (new!) rock safari..tried for at least two hours..
    Got frustrated, turned off the game - turned it right back on, went back to the safari, and guess who I found within 10 mins..!?

ShinyNosepass1_zpsz5eamabt.jpg

...not onix..or rhydon..But good enough, I'm thankful.. :3

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    I dedicated myself to hatching 300 eggs per day for an entire month, in order to attempt masuda methoding for a shiny.

13 eggs in:

Spoiler:

Buu

Rocket Executive
    Years
  • Found a shiny Wobuffet had a weird feeling before I found it that it would appear.

Put it on GTS for a Shiny Milotic not realising that they didn't have to trade me a shiny for my shiny.

Lost it for a normal Milotic.

RIP Shiny Wobuffet

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I dedicated myself to hatching 300 eggs per day for an entire month, in order to attempt masuda methoding for a shiny.

13 eggs in:

Spoiler:

Man! I never know how you guys do it. Im on my 645th egg for a shiny Abra with Masuda Method. :'(

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Man! I never know how you guys do it. Im on my 645th egg for a shiny Abra with Masuda Method. :'(
    Most multi task such as watching tv or movies while hunting. It helps keep the number going up without lost of motivation or focus.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • I got four Japanese Pokémon yesterday: Sawk, Clawitzer, Starmie and Aggron. I might try breeding one or two them. How many eggs do you think it takes on average?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I got four Japanese Pokémon yesterday: Sawk, Clawitzer, Starmie and Aggron. I might try breeding one or two them. How many eggs do you think it takes on average?

It's a 1/1392 so the average is 1392 eggs. Keep in mind this doesn't mean you're ever guaranteed to get the shiny. It just becomes less probable to get so many normal eggs in a row.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • My only shiny so far from X/Y/OR/AS is an Eevee, that I found in the wild while dex chaining for HA females.
    Ive dexnav'd over 500 eevees, and breeding is around the 1000 mark and I've just had the one.
    I don't have the patience to collect them

Back