• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Pokémon Known in Pokémon X & Y

Years
    I realise that there is a 'Shiny Flabébé' thread below, but this one is to discuss the entirety of Shiny Pokémon and their altered colourings.

Here are the Shiny Pokémon that we know about in Pokémon X & Y thus far:

Shiny Gogoat
    Shiny Pokémon Known in Pokémon X & Y

Shiny Skrelp

Shiny Sylveon

Shiny Flabébé

Shiny Chespin

Shiny Fennekin

Shiny Froakie

Shiny Dedenne

What do you think of these? What shiny colours do you hope for for future Pokémon?​

blue

gucci
    Years
    These look great, I think I actually prefer the Shiny colours to the originals. I want to see what a shiny Inkay/Malamar looks like though.

Years
    I think Shiny Gogoat looks so much better than expected!!! I love the look of it! Shiny Inkay and Malamar would be fantastic if they were Red! :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Fennekin's shiny form looks kind of odd to me, because in my opinion, purple and red don't fit together very well. I would've liked it better if it had different colors, such as orange and red, brown and red, or maybe black and red. Due to the same reason, shiny Skrelp looks a bit awkward, too. Purple and red don't go together, just like I said before. Every other shiny forms look great, though! My favorites are shiny Gogoat, shiny Chespin, and shiny Dedenne. n__n

Sirfetch’d

I am really disappointed in the Chespin and Flabebe shinies, but the others are all quite interesting. The shiny Sylveon is probably my favorite because that blue is very beautiful. I feel it has just the right about of coloration and the colors compliment each other quite well. The shiny Gogoat is really nice as well!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I can't see dedeane's and skerlp's differences, but froakie and fenniken are really cool. I figured froakie was green.

Sirfetch’d

I can't see dedeane's and skerlp's differences, but froakie and fenniken are really cool. I figured froakie was green.

Dedenne is slightly more dark in its original coloring, but yeah it is a little hard to tell.

Skrelp however is much easier to distinguish between its normal and shiny forms.

Sirfetch’d

Turns out shiny Chespin and shiny Fennekin are fake.

Really glad to hear this because I was extremely disappointed in the shiny Chespin sprite. However if both of these turned out to be fake, I will question the validity of the other ones as well. Hopefully the shiny Sylveon is legit because it is simply breathtaking.

Years
    Froakie is fake too. The blue outline gives it away. Plus the crop job is a dead give away.

And yes, I have been hearing just today that the chespin and fenne ones are also fake. Though, I haven't heard the reasoning as to why, and they appear to look real. I'll just say unconfirmed.

Sirfetch’d

Froakie is fake too. The blue outline gives it away. Plus the crop job is a dead give away.

And yes, I have been hearing just today that the chespin and fenne ones are also fake. Though, I haven't heard the reasoning as to why, and they appear to look real. I'll just say unconfirmed.

Really sad to hear this about Froakie because his shiny was really cool to me. Hopefully his shiny will turn out to be something similar.

Years
    I dont know why Froxy and Fynx are fake, but there was a picture of the shiny Chespin and the normal one. Exact same pic, same fight, same screen. I cant link it, cause im not allowed to :x

And to the Gogoat and the Skrelp:
    I think these ones are also fake. You can watch the Roundtable Video on the official Pokémon Channel. Some people are complaining about shiny or not. For example there were no spark, when Skrelp was coming out of his pokéball. Just watch it.

edit: I think I know why most of them are fakes. Because they have the exact same spot/fight/scene/whatever as the normal. And by watching all videos closly you may find out. Its sad, that the internet tricks us, but they looked bad anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    Word on the street is that all of these shinies are fake with the exception of Gogoat. Or at least the only one confirmed is Gogoat. Essentially, these were shiny designs made much much earlier to the demo date. Further, evidence below shows that them shiny images were doctored screenshots.

"The only real shiny Pokémon we have seen so far is Gogoat. All the supposed shiny Pokémon from the demo were fake. A user on DeviantART called "KrocF4" made them as fanart from when they were revealed. His shiny Pokémon fanart includes- Mega Ampharos, Mega Lucario, Mega Absol, Mega Mawile, Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo, Sylveon, Flabebe, Skrelp, Gogoat, Skiddo, Fennekin, and Chespin. (pictures in his gallery which is linked below) They all happened to be the ones in the edited pictures from the demo. As Claus H. Luíz said, "Photoshop can easily edit these non-shiny Pokémon into shiny Pokémon" The gallery with the fanart-

https://krocf4.deviantart.com/

(Fake shiny pictures below are either taken from pictures from the demo or screenshots from the official website and then edited, also included screenshot from his DeviantART saying his sources are correct)"

Years
    I am so glad that shiny Fennekin is fake cause I didn't like it. And shiny Gogoat is so beautiful. Thank God it's not fake lol

I am sad that shiny Sylveon is fake :( And I am not a big fan of Skrelp but I have to admit its shiny colors looked good.. I can't wait till we see more shinies!

Last edited:
    Years
    Dude, you just copied completely from here: https://kalos-pkmnacademy.tumblr.com/post/59260587617/gen-6-shinnies-so-far At least give credit.

Ummm... "dude". I actually found the pictures from multiple sources and collated them together, whether someone else did as well on Tumblr, good for them! Even so, even if by some strange coincidence that I did copy off of this person (which the link you gave doesn't work), why would I need to give credit? This is a forum to post information - not a museum to praise the founder... I created this thread to discuss the shinies rather than to say that I discovered them (because I certainly didn't).

*sigh* ... People.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I am so glad that shiny Fennekin is fake cause I didn't like it. And shiny Gogoat is so beautiful. Thank God it's not fake lol

I am sad that shiny Sylveon is fake :( And I am not a big fan of Skrelp but I have to admit it's shiny colors looked good.. I can't wait till we see more shinies!
    I'm also glad if it's fake as the colors didn't appeal to me...

Also them being fake will explain why their colors are like some fan art I ran into a while ago, I had thought Gf took the ideas for the shinies from fan art...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Let's see if the real Shiny will disapoint us even more and will be another Garchomp effect.

Back