• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Pokémon Known in Pokémon X & Y

Years
  • that "shiny" thing is like Ash's Noctowl? if so, are the starters gonna be "shiny" no matter what? i mean, starters aren't catchable, for all i know, so how do we get them to shine?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    that "shiny" thing is like Ash's Noctowl? if so, are the starters gonna be "shiny" no matter what? i mean, starters aren't catchable, for all i know, so how do we get them to shine?

The starters are obtained by saving before getting them and keep reseting till they shine. Interactable pokemon work the same way.( like the legends) Regular pokemon can be found by encountering many pokemon to one shines or you breed one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I predict the red part of Yveltal will be blue in its shiny form, and Xerneas will be... red.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I predict the red part of Yveltal will be blue in its shiny form, and Xerneas will be... red.
    Not a bad guess, but then again that's what a lot of people thought would be the case for a shiny Zekrom and Reshiram before their shiny forms were revealed.

Years
  • I predict the red part of Yveltal will be blue in its shiny form, and Xerneas will be... red.

That's really interesting, reversed colors. I'm hoping it'll be something like this but if not, they could have maybe a purple Yveltal or a green Xerneas? I think those colors would look nice on them if shiny.

Males can be shiny too, it's just that the chances of getting a female shiny starter are very low...actually back in Gen II it was impossible to get a female shiny due to how gender and shiny were calculated.

Yeah it's pretty funny how 2nd Gen calculated shininess based on the IVs of the Pokemon, and you could never get a female shiny that was in a gender ratio of 7 males to 1 female, like the starters and Eevee because Attack IVs also calculated genders. This is what led to the calculations to determine shiny Pokemon to be changed in 3rd Gen and still remains this way today.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Froakie looks more like a frog as a shiny.
    I bet the shiny froakie is going to be a hit with young girls

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I recolored some gen 6 pokemon, I think these could make good shinies. Sorry for the quality of some of these.

Noivern
    Spoiler:

Clauncher
    Spoiler:

Helioptile
    Spoiler:

Honedge
    Spoiler:

Skiddo
    Spoiler:

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • question*raise hand* . is there a method on how to get a shiny pokemon?

The Masuda(spelling?) Method of Breeding. Using a pokemon you've caught yourself, and a pokemon from overseas that you get from something like the GTS. It greatly increases the chances of a hatched pokemon being Shiny.
    And unless X and Y has something like the PokeRadar(?) that made grass shake in some of the games, which had a better chance of finding a wild shiny, then idk about catching wild ones. Breeding is the usual way besides cheating/hacking.

Froakie looks more like a frog as a shiny.
    I bet the shiny froakie is going to be a hit with young girls

Shiny Sylveon will be as well.

Years
  • Aw, I am disappointed that the shiny Sylveon is fake, I really liked the fact that it swapped its pink and blue coloring, made it less random than is the norm for shinies. I am glad that the shiny Fennekin is fake though, I didn't like the color scheme.

Nakala Pri

The changes aren't that big, but they're still cool.

Was Skiddo's only change it's hooves?

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Hey guys, I did some in game Mega Evolution shiny versions. I don't know if the Mega Evolutions will keep the same shiny pokemon color scheme as the non mega evolutions, but they probably will so I did these. I tried my best to make them look as legit as possible, hope you guys like them.

Shiny Pokémon Known in Pokémon X & Y

Years
  • Good luck getting a Female Shiny starter with a good nature, enjoy the resets.

No. I cannot. I already have trouble just getting natures as it is. Don't do this to me. I deem impossible. This is too much for me! D':

z0n0n that would be hecka awesome and I could totally see it happening. As for the shinies, none of them really appeal to me (to be fair shinies in general don't appeal to me at all XD) But I'm totally digging that MegaLucario.

Back