• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon in Fire Red

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I've gotten a shiny geodude in fire red, I think.
    And nope no way of raising your chances with out cheating.

Years
    *Starts crying* This brings me a lot of memories, I was back in school(11-12 years old) and was grinding hour after hour lvling when boom shiny whooper appears. That was my strongest mini heart attack so far when it comes to shinies. It became one of my favorite pokes (even when it was Tylenol pinkish) and later evolved him. He then went to my Diamond, then I had some weird teenage apathy towards pokemon and gave my game to my nephew...now years later I get my love for pokemon stronger than ever just to find out he exchanged the game with some boy and after like 2 years of trying to get it back...my game returns without my shinies :C...

After that tl;dr story; I don't think there is a way to raise chances without hacking device.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm… if I remember correctly, I think I've managed to catch myself a shiny Scyther at one point. 8) Alongside, I also caught a Pidgey. I've encountered shiny Onix once, but wasn't able to capture it, as I didn't have any Poké Balls with me.

ColdMiner

Magister insanus
    Years
    Eventually wandered upon a blue shiny Nidoran ♂. Named him The King, leader of the team. He took me all the way through the E4 and beyond.

And no, without external programs/cartridge attachments the shiny rate is and always will be a 1/8192 chance.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I swear, my Fire Red cartridge must be a shiny magnet or something. To date, I got most of the shinies I own from Fire Red. I got a shiny Machoke, Sentret, Rattata (eat your heart out, Joey), Magnemite, Nidoran-M, Zubat, Rhyhorn, and a Chansey from the Safari Zone. All these Pokémon were found randomly.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Ehm nope? You can't raise your shiny chances in-game, there is no way :x You just have to be patient and be lucky, earn them ;)

Anyway, here I go with the Shinies I got in my FireRed/ LeafGreen games. I caught them all randomly except for Bulbasaur, I wanted a shiny starter once so I soft reset for one ;):

FireRed:
    - Doduo
    - Rhyhorn (safari zone)
    - Weedle
    - Pidgeotto
    - Paras (safari zone)
    - Exeggcute (safari zone)
    - Nidorino (safari zone)
    - Koffing

LeafGreen:
    - Magikarp
    - Bulbasaur (soft reset)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
    I got a shiny Pidgey and Rattata at the start of the game buuuut I left my G-boy once in my room only to find my save file deleted by my sister.. :(

Years
    Found a shiny Pidgey on Route 2 after I'd completed the game. You should be able to find one by the time you finish the game (considering that you played for a 100 hours or so, and venture into the grass a lot) but some of the shinies are not instantly recognisable and you might knock them out.

Years
    I've finished 3 different generations, haven't seen one, besides the Gyarados in Crystal.

It's possible I haven't even noticed it if I had encountered it, but oh, I'll pay more attention to it now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I once came across a Shiny Geodude while grinding. I did end up catching it, but I have no idea where it ended up. I may have deleted it, since I like playing through games multiple times to see which team would be the best to use. I still miss it to this day. :'(

Years
    I got a shiny Pidgey and Rattata at the start of the game buuuut I left my G-boy once in my room only to find my save file deleted by my sister.. :(

There there, I feel your pain :C

BTW I also found a shiny gulpin in Ruby, both times I ws grinding or searching for pokemons, staying a lot of time in the grass and not using repelents.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
    Years
    I have NEVER ran into any shinies. I have looked forever, played every main series Pokemon Game and I've never even found one. I don't think chances are very high. If you want information about getting a shiny for each specific gen you should check out the bulbapedia page, https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny
    Hope I helped.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
    There there, I feel your pain :C

BTW I also found a shiny gulpin in Ruby, both times I ws grinding or searching for pokemons, staying a lot of time in the grass and not using repelents.

nahh.. ahhaha... I immediately gave up on FireRed and then went to play Emerald and got a shiny torchic at first pick ^^.. it was Adamant though :D.. didn't use it till I already beat the elite 4 with Beautifly, Linoone, Mightyena, Pelipper(part time HM slave but has high sp. atk stat :D), Camerupt..

Linoone became my sweeper though.. cuz' Belly Drum + Rest + Chesto berry :D.. Dig, Shadow Ball :D

and now my Torchic is now a shiny Blaziken with a 372 Atk, and 252 Spd.. :D

now its off topic.. and I restarted my FR and got a shiny nidoranm yey!!! :D

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
    Yes! My first shiny came from Fire Red.

I was exploring the Sevii islands when I encountered a shiny Spearow. ^^ And now it's in my Pokémon X game and it's a darling~ It actually isn't bad at all, I got pretty lucky.

Years
    I caught three shinies in Pokemon firered the first one was nidoran (f) which turned into nidoqueen it was unintentional then the second was shiny goldeen which I found while surfing to seafoam islands it was just my luck that on my return trip from seafoam I found shiny gyrados while fishing with a super rod

Back