• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2008
    Ok so i caught a shiny moltres on pokemon firered and then migrated to pokemon pearl, i would like to know what is the best pokemon you have caught which is shiny on any pokemon game without the shiny hack.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    My best is 3 golden Magikarps- one in Silver, one in Emerald, and one in Diamond! XD I've also found the pink Butterfree in Silver, which a girl mentiones seeing in Lake of Rage.

My best in DP would be two chained Trophy Garden Eevees- now Espeon and Umbreon- and the Karp.

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    I only caught two shinies, a shiny west shello in diamond and a shiny spinda in ruby

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Several, actually. It's actually Electivire, which was bred by a shiny Ditto (I had 31 eggs, traded many of them) and Staraptor. Of course, chances are 1 in 8196 in many games, but by breeding it's 1 in 10000-750000, but with a Shiny Ditto, it's 1 in 92.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    not one single shiny after maxing out the play time..........

*crai*

Several, actually. It's actually Electivire, which was bred by a shiny Ditto (I had 31 eggs, traded many of them) and Staraptor. Of course, chances are 1 in 8196 in many games, but by breeding it's 1 in 10000-750000, but with a Shiny Ditto, it's 1 in 92.

an you prove that statement in bold? cuz I now wanna go find a Shiny Ditto

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    The shiny Ditto thing was only true in the Metal Generation games, where shinyness was determined by IVs. Not in Generation 3 or 4 though.

My best shinies would probably be my Shiny Rhyperior or my Shiny Gastrodon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    If you meant any game, this would be better in General..

My best shiny by far is Lugia since I got her in 3 days soft resetting with the ticket. I think Ho-oh looks better but he took too long so I hate his guts. My others were random or chained so they're really not as special to me as the birdies.

YankeeX: You might have just been lucky because shiny dittos/parents do not increase the odds in 3rd/4th gen..

Moved~

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I've captured the default shiny Gyarados (silver), a shiny Golbat (silver), shiny Pidgey (silver), shiny Nidoran male (firered), shiny Minun (emerald), & shiny Gastly (pearl). My favorite was my shiny Nidoran male... I eventually evolved it until it was a blue Nidoking (that looked awesome). However, I let someone borrow my FireRed Version and I never got it back... :(

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Shiny Gardevoir.

Was hunting for a Ralts w/ Trace and Timid/Modest nature in R/S/E and a shiny ends up popping out of nowhere with the exact stats I wanted, except for IVs.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I have only got two and that was by accident. Shiny Garados which was default in silver and shiny Swablu in sapphire which is now on Pokemon Battle Revolution after I copied from pearl and then started again.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I got myself a shiny raquaza, groudon, latios/as, charizard, tyrannitar, and ditto. The ditto was my first shiny and bred away the charizard and tyrannitar, on emerald. The two legends while playing emerald after breeding for shinies at the beginning of the game(2-3 badges). Latios/as I got by pure luck. In ruby os and in emerald as.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I caught a Shiny Spinda in Emerald and I also caught a Shiny Ariados in Pearl. But my best so far is a shiny Pinsir, which I caught in Pearl.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Steelix as it is the only one and here is how, story time! (Gets book)
    Once upon a time I was going to defeat the Elite 4 in Diamond. I then saw a Steelix which amazed me so I said to myself, why not try and catch it. I failed...miserably! :( I was amazed as you usually had to trade to get one so I said, the next one I find I will catch. And then the next one was Shiny. I was gob-smacked so I (luckily) caught it. I love it to this day (except it looks like its made of clay on revolution :() I'm also happy because you cant chain them :D

Last edited:

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    I've only ever caught two shiny pokemon
    One was a shiny poliwag that I got in GSC, it was my pride and joy...

Second is a shiny Hariyama on Emerald (Did you know shiny pokemon are also mirrored in their appearences?)
    I got that one on Christmas eve two years ago.
    Thanks Santa :D

Back