• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    On the GBA Versions I've only had 2 shinies:

1. Shiny tentacool (Evolved into tentacruel) on my LG I was just surfing and I found one, wasn't trying.
    2. Shiny Zubat on my Saphirre, Again just in a cave (Can't remember which) and found one.

----------------
    Listening to: Hot Chip - Out at the Pictures via FoxyTunes

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Uhm on FR/LG/E/R/S/ Ive had no luck, i can chain shinies on D/P though.

I've got loads of shinies on D/P.

Once on silver i also found a shiny unown which was blue i think... i freaked and ran like a newb.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    In Fire Red, I found a shiny Weedle which I evolved into a Beedrill. That was on GBA.

In Emerald, the only shiny I cheated for is an Eevee for the lolz (I only used the cheat to encounter Eevee but not the shiny cheat however *since I dont have it*.)
    Shiny Pokemon

I had like 5 other normal eevees that I evolved into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and Umbreon respectively =D.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    One time I was taking a challenge from another forum, I encountered a Shiny Hariyama, luckily I had a sleeping pokemon in the lead so it was caught.
    More recently on my Ruby, I was searching for Latios on the route north of slateport, doing the encounter 5 pokemon then enter bike house and exit repeat method, first I got a shiny electrike and was like "WTF?" and managed to catch it, and continued the search. Two more repeats of the method later a green minun appears, and I go "wow, hax" and catch it.

So, I have 3 3rd gen shinies, and they're all Hoenn pokes :P Didn't end up getting that Latios from Ruby yet though.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I once found a shiny spinda....
    needless to say a horrid waste of a shiny

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Pics are worth a thousand words?

I have 4 shinies from the third gen. They are Poochyena, Pidgey, Lugia, and Ho-oh. I'm too lazy to talk about them, so read the info on my account if you care.

Currently I'm (casually 8D) hunting for:
    FireRed - Articuno
    Emerald - Cyndaquil

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I found a shiny Oddish in my Sapphire,Sharpedo(omg purple! XDD),and a Poocheyna in the beginning of the game,but i didn't catch it because it was before the Pokedex T.T

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    Shiny Onix
    It owned :)
    And a Shiny Gyrados
    I wanna see more :(

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Mine shiny is....

Mightyena
    Milotic
    Flygon
    Rhyhorn
    Zubat
    All in my Emerald. Most recent is Zubat.

In my pearl....

Starly
    Ralts
    Finneon
    Steelix(WTF?!)

The most recent is Steelix in Victory Road.

Y.AshKetchum

Pokemon Master 2008
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2008
    the oonly shiny pokemon ive seen is Ditto on Diamond and Regigigas On Diamond

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I recently found a shiny Absol, but I ran out of balls, as i had only 3 pokeballs and 2 great balls with me at that time, other shinys i found were slugma and zubat. Im looking for a shiny electrike.

Back