• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    My favourite is Shiny Kyogre. A pink whale? Damn yeah!
    It was also one of my first shinies, so there's some bias in that. Other than that, Shiny Krookodile is pretty cool too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Least favorite shiny style has to be the ones that don't even change much from their normal colorization. The Gible line is a good example of this. Persian is another one.

Any shiny form that's blue is my favorite. Voltorb, Ditto, and Ponyta are a few examples. Blue is one of my favorite colors, and the shiny Pokemon that lean toward that color are just visibly appealing to me.

Of course, my favorite shiny?

Shiny Pokemon

Years
    My least fave shinies are pretty much what Astinus said just above, those that have barely any difference or are only just a lighter/darker shade than the normal colors. Makes them feel not so special when you look at that if I say so myself.

As for what my fave kind of shinies are, I love shinies that are pink, blue or even purple, and I also admit to liking most of the green shinies that people somehow hate for a weird reason. My all-time fave shiny is Corsola, who has this beautiful blue color that makes an otherwise terrible Pokemon in terms of stats actually very attractive. Psyduck comes close, with a similar blue color which I think suits it very well and makes it look much more like a Water-type. And there's also Miltank, which I have a shiny of in X. Blue is kinda odd on it (the color did look slightly different depending on the generation) but it's still really cute.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    My favorite shinies are Gardevoir, Milotic, Ninetales, Roserade, and Absol.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I have to say I really like the color pink, so pink shinies are some of my favorites. X3 Especially the darker pink shinies, like Kyogre's shiny color more than Lopunny.
    But I also like the shiny Nidos. Caught a Shiny NidoranF in Gold once and I love her blue tones~ Wingull is another I've caught shiny, in Sapphire. Thought it's blue changes to green it's still pretty cool looking. Ahiny Ninetails is also up there along with Vulpix, caught a shiny Vulpix this month in AS and when she evolved it looked different from the pics I saw so I was shocked. XD I saw a pic with white fur and blue tips, surprised to see she's silver with neon purple tips lol. I guess the name Sunny doesn't fit her anymore, ne? ;w;

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Ohhh boy

I gotta say, my favorite shiny is hands down Whimsicott.
    Shiny Pokemon

I mean, just look at this cute little critter! I love it's caramel-gold eyes and it's cerulean ears/horns. The contrast in the bright colors with it's dark, oaky brown body just makes it a wonderfully rich pokemon to gaze at. <3

Anyway, I guess my least favorite is Lucario's. It's normal colors are pretty cool already, but it's shiny...ugh. The yellow doesn't go well with it's design, imo.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Anything that turns from a more blueish color into a reddish color is likely to appeal to me. I can't typically remember most shinies from the top of my head, and most of them honestly look weird and worse than the normal coloration. The normal coloration looks like it was deliberately chosen, whilst the shiny coloration looks like somebody just splashed one some random colors real quick. (Mostly yellow and green... I'm not sure why they choose such horrible shades of these colors and rely on them so much for shinies) But as with any RNG, sometimes they'll strike gold. So I'm going to look at a huge list of them and pick out ones that I find most appealing. I will also note which ones I think look better than their normal coloration. (Which is highly unlikely in my book.)

Also, unlike a lot of people I've noticed, I don't like it when they turn a Pokemon black or a darker color. I prefer darker colors as accents rather than the main body, and usually find they just make the design look duller. If something has a more sleek, simplistic body (like Umbreon), then a dark color matches it quite nicely. But not something that wasn't designed to be black.

• Generation I

• Gyarados - Ah, how could I forget the Red Gyarados? I love this thing. Such a lovely shade of red. Though I don't necessarily think it's any better or worse than the original, even though I'm biased towards red.

• Ponyta - Blue flames. Very pretty and awesome, and striking. But when it evolves, its flames turn into this ugly gray color.

• Golem - One of the few I think look better than their original coloration. I really like that pale gold color. It makes the Pokemon much more striking and vivid, and adds to its design.

• Scyther - Although there's not much of a difference. I love that more vibrant green and the blood red segments. It really stands out.

• Aerodactyl - Vibrant blue wings and nice pastel purple that is still vibrant.

• Dragonair - It's pink! Although I don't like the yellow gems. Still, it adds to that feminine air this Pokemon has.

• Moltres - Has a similar shade to Aerodactyl. It contrasts more nicely than the yellowish color it naturally has.

Generation II

• Furret - A very nice pastel pinkish color that appeals to me greatly.

• Jumpluff - Same as Furret.

• Umbreon - Always a good classic. The blue is nice, but I prefer the yellow as it stands out more against the black.

• Slowking - Although red's my favorite color, I find the more blueish coloration to be very flattering on this Pokemon.

• Dunsparce - They sure do like pink in this generation, don't they? It complements it well.

• Steelix - A nice golden rustic color! It makes it look much more intimidating than the original, so I find it to be a better coloration than the original.

• Smeargle - More reddish, so of course I'll like it.

• Celebi - Pink is fitting for a small pixie Pokemon like this. It gives it more of a Fairy-type feel.

Generation III

• Beautifly - Such dark and vivid colors simultaneously. It looks like a beautiful painting.

• Absol - The original Absol is like chocolate. This one's strawberry and it's lovely.

Generation IV

• Infernape - A more vivid red makes it look quite fiery.

• Skuntank - I think it looks better in a more reddish color. The dull purple just makes it more disgusting to me. I suppose that's the point, but still.

• Abomasnow - The more blueish tint makes it look more icy, which adds to the typing. So I think this coloration is improved from the original.

• Glaceon - Another improvement. It looks much more icy with the whiteish coloring and more differentiated from Vaporeon. Its blue shade looked more watery.

• Palkia - With less purple, it looks more so what I think of when I think "pearl." The pinker colaration fits with that, so it's more improved from the original.

Generation V

• Victini - It's white! I love white and red together.

• Serperior - I just love all of the shades of greens and their contrast. Especially the darker green collar.

• Scolipede - Another improvement over the original coloration. The blue makes it look more striking and toxic, and its markings stand out much more.

• Cofagrigus - Whilst I prefer this color scheme more, I don't think it's necessarily better than the original. That's just my red bias shining through. Still, it does look very ghostly like this.

• Deerling - Pink flower! I love it.

• Chandelure - Whilst it looks less ghostly and more all-out fiery, it does make for a nice alternate coloration.

• Mienshao - I love this more reddish coloration! But that doesn't need to be said.

• Braviary - I love that shade of blue on it. So vibrant and beautiful.

• Heatmor - That darker coloration actually works on Heatmor. It makes it look more rustic, more steampunk, adding to his design.

• Virizion - It's pink! Need I say more?

• Reshiram - The golden rings give it a more regal feel.

• Genesect - More red = Happy Arylett.

Generation VI

• Chesnaught - It looks more camouflage and more like a tank. Also, it matches with the original coloration of Chespin more. And it looks more vibrant and just very visceral.

• Talonflame - More reddish, less yellow. It also looks like the coloration it would be in the original Gameboy games with a limited palette, and I kind of like that style. So bonus points there.

• Vivillon - I like the fact that they made the bug in the center white whilst leaving the wings the same. Very clever. Also, I prefer white anyway.

• Florges - Purple instead of green? I say yes.

• Pangoro - I have a shiny Pancham! And I really like that brownish, more reddish coloration to it.

• Furfrou - Black and white are two colors I always think go well together. This way, it looks like an inverted Absol, and I just enjoy it so much. Poodles can also be commonly dark-colored in real life.

• Meowstic F - ONLY the female. The male I don't like because its body is entirely yellow, whilst the female makes only her accents yellow. And it makes her look very gold and regal. Also, my first shiny was a shiny Espurr, so I'm biased there too.

• Aromatisse - I like the darker purple color for its puff. And it looks more... Dr. Seussish with those colors. Like it came straight out of one of his illustrations.

• Sylveon - A nice lovely blue. The color of its eyes and such make it look very... ethereal and mystical.

• Clawitzer - One I would say looks better than the original. Yes, I know. It's red. But it makes it look more like a crab and stand out. It looks less like a generic Water-type without the blue. Before, I just found it to be boring. Now? If I had its shiny, I might actually train it.

• Xerneas - Beautiful blue and white. It reminds me a lot of my fiance too, as these colors match his typical colorations.

• Yveltal - It's red and white! Oh, I love it so much. Look at that delicious blood red... it looks more threatening that way. And just... so much better to me.

• Zygarde - I prefer this coloration to the original. A nicer more blueish of green combined with white. Rather than that sludgey poisonous green it had going on before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like sepia. It got a lot of flak in the disliked shinies thread :/ and blue and green
    all pics from https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny I am in a benevolent mood today towards shinies. so i call more than usually xD totally based on these too, if they look diferently in 3d i may change my mind. Also this is only seeing the shinies, with an option to hover over to see the non shinies ;) )
    gen 1
    Spoiler:

I love al the johto starter, also totodile evos look closer to how they looked when they were in gbc. lol
    Spoiler:

gen 3 starter is kinda opposite to gen 2. lol. I dont really like them apart from torchic maybe.

Spoiler:

ok gen 4

Spoiler:

Gen 5
    Spoiler:

*anybody else think they should do more boldly diff coloured legendary?
    Gen 6
    Spoiler:

Those are just shinies where I like the shiny.Doesnt always mean I like the pkmn though lol.

Back