• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo The Porcupine

****** of Psycotix
    Years
    To catch shiney's, it depends on how long you have played the game for, I have played it for at least 200 hrs up to now. Plus you have less than a 1% chance of catching on, so it takes ALOT of patience, more patience than catching a Feebas.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    omarfr said:
    you have around 10% chance of getting shinies

Heh, if that were the case, we'd all have shiny Pokemon by now... 1 in every 10 would be shiny, and thus they wouldn't be as interesting. I believe the odds are somewhere close to 1 in 6000, and thus, the percentage chance drops to a miniscule 0.01666...% (with those 6's continuing off into infinity, I'm sure you get the idea)

EDIT: Oh, and no triple posting please, thank you

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    does anybody have a gameshark sp code for getting a shiny pokemon, or making a pokemon shiny on ruby or sapphire

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    I have a shiny tentacool, not sure how I got it though. I didn't realize it was shiny until I traded it to my ruby version from my sapphire. I don't remember catching it. it is green and blue instead of red and blue. also background white and pokedex # gold.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2004
    Listen on the gameshark sp code sticky there are codes to get all pokemon. Now I was wondering if you contantly see those pokemon in your game will they become shiny?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    no... or else everyone will have a shiny wingull or shiny zigzagoon somewhere in the box ^_^;

all gameshark codes should go to the cheating device sticky la~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I caught my second shiny Pok?mon today, a shiny Skitty. I was really surprised to be sitting in a Dairy Queen parking lot, playing Sapphire, and having a shiny Skitty pop up on the screen when I was actually trying to catch a Skitty. I didn't plan on catching a shiny one though. XD I'm not sure if I should train it or not, what attacks I should give it, or what nickname to give it. The other shiny that I caught, Vileplume, that I caught last November on Ruby, is at level 51 I believe, and is nicknamed "Vile-EX". I'm not sure if it is a good enough name though. It's move list is almost set up completely.

Master_Zangoose

Has a nack for idiocy
    Years
    I have a shiny salamance named JadeClaw. :D caught him only a few days ago, on the same day I caught latios. :). I once caught a shiny zubat on gold. But I reset that game. Bleh, I'm such a doof, whatever that might be. Now i've restarted that game again because I had nothing on my pokedex and wanted to work on that. Anyway back to r/s. Has anyone here ever seen/caught a shiny manetric or electrike, I think that's what the first form was called, or zangoose? I want those two in shiny the most.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    nope - only seen red gyrados in Gold and SAW a shiny Pinsir in the bug catching contest (it killed my guy;-P)

Kital

Zombie Robot
    Years
    I've played this game too long....282hours and counting... but here goes

SHINY LIST!
    Sableye
    Linoone
    Shuppet
    Ralts
    Nuzleaf(traded to get this one)
    Makuhita
    Marill
    Weezing(looks funky) >.<
    Phanpy

If you shove all those guys into col. they look really awesome in 3d

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    Kital said:
    I've played this game too long....282hours and counting... but here goes

SHINY LIST!
    Sableye
    Linoone
    Shuppet
    Ralts
    Nuzleaf(traded to get this one)
    Makuhita
    Marill
    Weezing(looks funky) >.<
    Phanpy

If you shove all those guys into col. they look really awesome in 3d
    Wow, you are really lucky to find all of those shinies, and in 282 hours. If I combine my times on Ruby and Sapphire together, I would have over 500 hours, and only 2 shiny Pok?mon. On Ruby I have 400 hours, and I caught only one shiny Pok?mon, an Oddish, which is now Vileplume. I caught it when I had like 300 hours played, back on 11/25/03. On Sapphire I have only one shiny Pok?mon too, a Skitty, which I caught on 7/7/04, just 2 days ago. I only have like 111 hours on that game. I am searching really hard for shinies of the following: Absol, Carvanha, and Taillow (Taillow, because of the shiny Swellow in the newest anime episode.)

Kital

Zombie Robot
    Years
    I've been known to have extreme luck... either really bad or really good.. Maybe I should be called luck monkey.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    Kital said:
    I've been known to have extreme luck... either really bad or really good.. Maybe I should be called luck monkey.
    My friend's little brother had that kind of luck in Silver. He caught 2 shiny Pok?mon in the same week, Ekans and Weepinbell. Luckily he duplicated them and traded them to me. His older brother (my friend) and I were never able to catch shiny Pok?mon. Neither of them have got Ruby and/or Sapphire yet, so I'm never able to trade or battle with anyone. My friend is planning on getting FireRed though, so we will be able to battle and trade this fall. It won't be as fun at first though when I will have level 100 Pok?mon, and he will have level 5 Pok?mon. XD

*goes to search for a 3rd shiny Pok?mon*

Kital

Zombie Robot
    Years
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I had people in my area to battle with.

Back to topic, I have a challenge! I'm working on catching a shiny spinda.... Do you think someone will catch a shiny spinda with identical spots?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back