• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    A shiny Spinda doesn't have spots, as you can see from the following sprite:
    Shiny Pokemon

Good luck on finding one though. I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later if you try hard, especially when you have been so lucky in the past. :P

Master_Zangoose

Has a nack for idiocy
    Years
    OOOOh, I love spindas! I have, I think I'm at 49 now? Or was it 50? I'm not sure. Anyway. Here is a list of all the pokemon you can get shiny easily through a long LONG line of restarting:

Mudkip
    Treeko
    Torchic
    castform
    beldum
    rayquaza
    Regice
    regirock
    registeel
    groundon
    kyogre
    *shedinja
    lileep
    anorith

*shedinja: this one I'm not so sure of. It's possible, but not deffinate. In THEORY alone, you should be able to save before your nincanda evolves, but be sure to have one open slot. There might be a chance that it will produce a shiny shedinja. But you might need a shiny nincanda.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Master_Zangoose said:
    OOOOh, I love spindas! I have, I think I'm at 49 now? Or was it 50? I'm not sure. Anyway. Here is a list of all the pokemon you can get shiny easily through a long LONG line of restarting:

Mudkip
    Treeko
    Torchic
    castform
    beldum
    rayquaza
    Regice
    regirock
    registeel
    groundon
    kyogre
    *shedinja
    lileep
    anorith

*shedinja: this one I'm not so sure of. It's possible, but not deffinate. In THEORY alone, you should be able to save before your nincanda evolves, but be sure to have one open slot. There might be a chance that it will produce a shiny shedinja. But you might need a shiny nincanda.

I'm constantly restarting, next to rayquazza. I'll get a shiny even if it kills me!

Man, this would be NEARLY as hard if you people didn't keep saying that I couldn't count myself! :disappoin

Years
    Shineyelectrode said:
    I'm constantly restarting, next to rayquazza. I'll get a shiny even if it kills me!

Man, this would be NEARLY as hard if you people didn't keep saying that I couldn't count myself! :disappoin
    well, you don't count, live with it.

working on a shiny Groudon, but my paitence is not my strong point...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Flygon_trainer said:
    well, you don't count, live with it.

working on a shiny Groudon, but my paitence is not my strong point...

Meh, if I wanted a shiney pokemon of my choosing, it would most likely be a charizard or rayquaza. At least I've got my masterball ready for the shiny rayquazza this time though.

(By the way, in ruby/saphire versions, compare tyranitar's pose with groudon's)

EDIT: (several hours after starting) BE. SHINY. YOU. GOD. ****. SON. OF. A. ****. NOW.

Last edited:

Dilznick

I want a Shiny
    Years
    question, how do you get shiny legendarys, do you just stand in front of them, save it, and if they are not shiny turn the game of and revert to the last save.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    ~Yes..do that for hours and hours. Unlike ShinyElectrode, I was lucky and got my Black Rayza on my 8th try or something.~

Archdoom

-=<[{Overlord of DOOM}]>=-
    Years
    Yeah actually,
    I was wasn't I, which is actually rather unusual for me.
    Oh keep trying you'll find one eventually. I wish I could help more, but as shiny pokemon are randomly generated there isn't any more advice I can give you.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I cought a shiny zubat once.... that was in my first Ruby before it got stolen. It was green. when it evoled into a golbat it was still green, but when it became a Crobat, it was Pink! I'm like "what the heck?" Still my crobat was awesome. oh yeah, on this one site I heard that there is a 1 out of 89876 chance of getting a shiny or somthing like that.

Last edited:

SKainuiG

Nomel Holds a Numel Berry
    Years
    Sturm said:
    You're right...all are...Male...my Bagon look like Yoshi...My Sceptile in shade of blue and green...looks odd...that's all...it's time to train Yoshi!
    Actually not all the starters are male. I've gotten females from restarting continuously so I could breed them. Also I don't know if anyone knows this but when you start a new game and you get to the part with the pokeballs laid out, just press A button to look at it, and if it isn't shiny press B button to close it and repeat until you get a shiny. I've done it, but it does take patience, so don't say it's fake after trying it for 30 seconds. Just don't do it to fast or you'll lose it by just opening and closing the pokeballs.

My only shiny is the red gyrados from GSC... although I think I might have seen a shiny tangela near mt. Silver one night... it was real late and dimly lit and I don't think I caught it... oh well. I'm really super suspicious of finding a shiny so everywhere I go I keep my Sceptile and a load of pokeballs. My Sceptile can False Swipe, but my Altaria is about to replace that position... I also hate to go into the Safari Zone or anywhere where pokemon run from you easily... cause I don't want to be crying because I took all these measures just to catch one shiny pokemon and to have it run... :)

-SKainuiG

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Of course, I have that red Gyarados from my Crystal, but Ruby-wise, I found a shiny Jigglypuff. It is a male, and I found it yesterday after getting a female Jigglypuff and looking for a male, and voila. Unfortunately, it is the only shiny I have so far.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    AzureFlygon said:
    I've spent over twenty hours searching for a shiny Trapinch in my ruby game. Talk about discouraging! I keep on trying, though :P
    My brother has a shiny FLYGON. He wasn't even looking for it. And I have got a really weak shiny pelliper on Sapphire.

Master_Zangoose

Has a nack for idiocy
    Years
    LishaKara said:
    My brother has a shiny FLYGON. He wasn't even looking for it. And I have got a really weak shiny pelliper on Sapphire.

awww, lucky him. I wish I had a shiny flygon. Then I would have a dual shiny dragon team of Salamance and Flygon! :D But I guess I should be gratefull for having a shiny Salamance at least. But I want more shinys! more MoRe MORE! Muahahahaha!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back