• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
Years
I've never seen a shiney in my Fire Red, Ruby, or Sapphire. T_T I've played for a long time too, maybe 150 hours total, of course I've restarted a lot so I could never know for sure.

daultimate

pokemon pokedex man
Years
Pokedragonfire said:
I've never seen a shiney in my Fire Red, Ruby, or Sapphire. T_T I've played for a long time too, maybe 150 hours total, of course I've restarted a lot so I could never know for sure.

I know. I have been playing for like 300 hours on my Sapphire and I keep trying to find a shiny pokemon, but I can't find one! Its like 1 in 6000 or something. I gotta keep trying though.

But once I did catch a shiny Zubat in Silver.

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
Years
I wish I had a shiny *sigh* Ive been looking for a shiny spinda while collecting ashes. Do the sparkes still appear around them when there shing in ruby/sapphire? And what games can you get shinys from?

Thanks,
Aaron

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 21, 2009
Aaron5367 said:
I wish I had a shiny *sigh* Ive been looking for a shiny spinda while collecting ashes. Do the sparkes still appear around them when there shing in ruby/sapphire? And what games can you get shinys from?

Thanks,
Aaron
Yes, shiny Pokemon do have the sparkle in the Advance games. You can find a shiny Pokemon in Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald and possibly Colosseum. The chance is actually 1 in 8192. Don't give up hope! I, too, struggled for endless hours only to come up empty-handed until about a month ago when I found a shiny Claydol in the Sky Pillar. And just now, I found a shiny Golbat in the Sky Pillar (which is what brought me here to this thread right now). It's more likely that you'll find one when you're not expecting it rather than searching in one spot forever. I found both of mine while I was training. Anyways, hope this helps.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
Years
Okay so I'm 36 and I love playing Pokemon: how sad is that? :bandit:
I've got two shinies (don't count red Gyarados since that was sort of handed to me on a platter). Found a shiny Golbat in the first cave a Meteorite Falls in Sapphire. I wondered what was happening when it sort of sparkled when it first appeared. Caught it then realised it was not the normal colour. Also caught a Shiny Doduo in the Safari zone in Leaf Green.

What I find disappointing is that the only shinies I've fopund so far are so drab! Hardly worth the name 'Shiny@... :disappoin

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Err... this is bumping really old threads. If you wish to talk about Shiny Pokemon in RSE, then please use the stickied thread at the top entitled Oooooh... SHINY! Thank you ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back