• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Saiba

Rocket Elite
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2005
    Your lucky I got a ShinyFeebas and it did'nt evolved because I gave it the wrong berries.

la-ela

total game-addict
    Years
  • shiny feebas

where can you get a shiny feebas? i dont even know where to get a regular one!!

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • You get a shiny pokemon wherever you get regular ones... they just appear rarer........................................... o_________o;;;;;

HoRnDragon

You Rock Then I Rock
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2007
    Will it count if you used cheats to get? If yes then Shiny Groudon and Shiny Doexy!

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
    Years
  • I've got a shiny Mightyena in ruby and a shiny Kingdra in Fire Red (that counts too right?). And just to clear things up, there's the same chance to get ANY shiny (1/8192). The only difference in rarity is how much that pokemon appears normally.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    Chibi_Naruto said:
    Well I once saw a shiny wishmur but I didn't catch it instead I killed it with my treecko ( That was a big mistake ). Afterwards I never saw a shiny pokemon on ruby or sapphire

I just read that (^) and thought of something funny.

What if you faint a shiny pokemon you found in the wild, and they go tell the other shiny pokemon to hide and NEVER to come out? Maybye thats why Chibi_Naruto hasn't seen one ever again! lol

--

I've NEVER found or caught a shiny pokemon except for shiny gyarados in silver. However, I do keep a look out for any! I would LOVE to have a shiny...taillow, ralts, wingull, relicanth, you know what? I would love to have ALL shinies! lol

If you don't know what a shiny [insert pokemon name here] looks like, go here: http://pokemonelite2000.com/rsgbapicsshiny.html for RUBY/SAPPHIRE and here: http://pokemonelite2000.com/rsgbapicsshiny2.html for SILVER/GOLD

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    My friend has a Shiny Linoone and he's trying to make babies but he's wondering if it will make a shiny Zigzagoon like his Linoone. Will it work?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    Yes, it will work. If you take Biology, and Nintendo uses genetics, then you should get a shiny

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • I have a shiny Nosepass in Ruby which is extremely rare! In Sapphire however, In the Safari Zone, I have a Shiny Wobbuffet, and at Mt. Pyre I caught a Shiny Duskull. Mostly rare shinies.

Zootster

Years
  • Blazephlozard said:
    My friend has a Shiny Linoone and he's trying to make babies but he's wondering if it will make a shiny Zigzagoon like his Linoone. Will it work?
    No, it wont work. There's still the exact same chance the baby'll be shiny than if u mate to non-shinies. I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You are correct, Zootster. My friend hatched two eggs and both of them were normal Zigzagoons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    What if he used a Ditto I gave him from my FR and mated with the Linoone? Would it work?

Zootster

Years
  • Nope, still won't work. The chance to get a shiny will ALWAYS be 1 out of 8,192 (unless ur using cheats).

pseudovector

pokedweeb
    Years
  • I have played all the pokemon games, and I have not once ever seen a shiny
    except red gyarados. My sapphire has over 600 hours of play and I haven't seen one on it either.

Do they really stand out when you encounter them or do you have to look really closely?

Miguel RC

Ultimate Weezing Master
    Years
  • pseudovector said:
    I have played all the pokemon games, and I have not once ever seen a shiny
    except red gyarados. My sapphire has over 600 hours of play and I haven't seen one on it either.

Do they really stand out when you encounter them or do you have to look really closely?

They should stand out, there very easy to tell, in my Silver version every Spinarak i found was Purple instead of Lime Green but it didnt have its shine when it appeared. So you never know you could be passing them all the time

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    I recently caught a shiny Claydol at the Sky Pillar. I'm just wondering, has anyone else found a shiny Claydol? I'd think it would be a more common shiny that people might see (not to say that shinies are common).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back