• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Doesn't stop people from saying that something is there. Pearlshipping, as Hikari/Ash is called, had supporters the instant that Hikari was shown to be in the anime. Sure, Hikari has only been in five episodes, but the ship has been there from the start.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Just because Pokémon is targeted for a younger audience does not mean that there is nothing for the older fans to look for. I know of other cartoons targeted for children that have plenty of adult humor in them as well.

People ship without evidence because that is what they do. Those who follow Pearlshipping like the idea of Hikari and Ash together, and that was how the ship was formed. Shipping for a character starts the instant that that character is revealed. Even before he had a name, people were shipping Shinji with other characters.

Years
    It`s only been 5 episode`s any HikariAsh shippers has no REAL evidence.

Some people support ships between two people who have never met, so Pearlshipping is still more likely than 85% of all other ships :P

Eh, they're cute together, so I think I'll become a Pearlshipper...for a while, at least.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, but it`s been 400+ episode`s and not one ship had happened.
    Doesn't matter. Shipping gives something for the older fans to do while watching the show.

And what do you mean: "nothing has happened"? Brock asking Misty to dance in "Mystery of the Lighthouse" springs to my mind right away. And that was the basis of evidence for the classic Gymshipping. There is a shipping moment. Of course, I am not a major shipper, so I don't look for any specific clues to any ships, but... Go up to any one of the obsessive shippers. They take any sort of evidence and use it. Even something that can be taken in a completely different way by someone else.

Yes, no shipping is going to happen. No character development is going to happen. No deeper plots for the episodes are going to happen. The show is doing its job: advertising the games. That is all that it is needed to do.

Shipping is one of the last last things on the writers' minds.

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    The show is doing its job: advertising the games. That is all that it is needed to do.

Shipping is one of the last last things on the writers' minds.

By having romance as the last thing on their mind is kind of digging Pokemon into the ground. The episodes get more ridiculious(don't know if I spelled that right ^.^) every tiem I come across them. At least with the old trio we had some laughs and actually had a little bit of romance between Ash/Misty and Brock/a few girls. I forget their names -.- In order to progress the story better than what it is progressing they should add romance and the same old pikachu getting captured and Ash trying to save him. Besides, we have time to wait. Pokemon doesn't look like it is ending in the next four years or so.

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
    Years
    Oh...kay. Well, back on topic now, what are the chances of a bizarre love triangle? I mean, it's not like it's really going to happen, but if one of the characters was well, gay, then I guess it would all twist and turn (and I'm not laughing as I post this).

Years
    *sigh* It's been a month since I've been on...

Ah yes, the age old question of whether if any character has any preference to the same gender.

Let me just say that the likelihood of a character being developed anytime soon is probably more than a million-to-one, considering that this is an issue that doesn't make everybody comfortable. I'm pretty sure that the writers of Pokémon don't want to have any conflicts with people, much less about that issue.

I'm not saying that it's not possible. I honestly don't mind. (I try not to make an issue about a person's preference)

If there were such a thing, the most likely involved character would be Harley. Hey, I haven't seen any episodes recently, (I don't know ANYTHING about the Battle Frontier series) but it seems that 4Kids/Pokémon USA seemed to allow Harley's "attitude". Of course, that's assuming that the audience believe that Harley is gay. That would definitely make an interesting episode.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Well I'd like to show an... odd ship I came up with. Hikari and that little boy from the Poketch episode. xD
    I know he's a little young for her but...

Shipping Debates

That's all I have to say. :P

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
    Years
    Well, thinking about it again, 4Kids would go absolutely insane over something like this, giving us another reason to get angry at them... I only introduced the idea yet again because I believe that many of these relationships are cliched (the supposed relationship between Ash and Misty for example, I hate constantly hearing about it, let's go with something different).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You know...their arent as many AshxHikari fans as I thought there would be...
    Then again...give it time. It was slow with AshxMay too... then all of sudden Advanceshipping started.

....I'm a ContestShipper myself...

Years
    Don't worry, by the time it starts in english, the fanatics will come.

Anyone else think Appealshipping(Hikari & Nozomi) will be the other dominant ship of this generation?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Wow... there's a name for it already. HikariXNozomi I mean. Well, if there are Yurishippers out there, I'm going to bet they'll rally behind it. I'm strictly Hikari when it comes to shippings. (Not a character reference.) Anyway, I follow HumanXPokemon shippings- I was a Pikashipper until Pikachu was confirmed as "Male", I'm an Altoshipper now (and selfshipper with MeXLatias, but I know that'll never happen, feh.), and while I'm at it I also love Chikoshipping, MayXBlaziken if somebody's come up with a ship for that already, and JamesXCacnea. With me it's just how fun the idea is rather then the logic, as the show really doesn't have much oppurtunity for romance.

Years
    I pride myself on being a serious AdvanceShipper, yet I am neutral-slightly supportive towards ContestShipping. Do you think this is a good trait for an AdvanceShipper to have?
    You can support whatever you want, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Advanceshippers can also be contestshippers if they wish to. I support both Conceitshipping and Neoeeveeevolutionshipping, and I have no problem with it :\

What about frontiershipping?There are 2:Ash x Annabell and Brock x Lucy(confirmed)
    Neither one of those is frontiershipping. Ash & Anabel is Abilityshipping, and I think Brock & Lucy is either Luckshipping or Blushshipping... I can't remember.

Brock & Lucy is confirmed? I thought it was just strongly hinted. Eh, I should really watch that episode.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    You know...their arent as many AshxHikari fans as I thought there would be...
    Then again...give it time. It was slow with AshxMay too... then all of sudden Advanceshipping started.

....I'm a ContestShipper myself...

Pearl shipping with go down just like advanced shipping,When Hikari is out of the anime and a new girl arrives.They going to suport the new ship.Basicaly this ships are made of ashfangirls and don't have any sense.

My main support is Hounnshiping and i like Fortuneshiping,And i have interest in Ikarishiping and Conteshiping.

Years
    For some reason, I'm really starting to love Shootingstarshipping[Karen & Drake(Orange Islands Drake)]. They just seem to go together well... even with the whole seperate-universe thing going on. Anyone else agree?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back