• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wow. I'm not saying I'm against gays but, just look at all those impossible shippings, cluttering precious space reserved for real debates.

Anyway, Heatagshipping.... alright, that shipping gets plain disturbing, seriously...

Shipping Debates

Hopefully there are sexual harrasment laws.

Once again, if you check bulbapedia, Fangirling, comedy, they're all factors to attempt misleading us. Just because it's anime, doesn't mean there aren't any cartoon qualities.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Conway. Creeps. Me. Out. In. That picture. This pairing looks so disturbing. I must that pic as my avatar. *Changes pic*

Eclairshipping: A pointless ship, only made for pedophiles and the lonely. Whoever made that ship is... basically a Conway XD.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why does every point I make sprouts into a plant of freakyness?

I wouldn't say eclair is pedophilish, just that tri ships creep the daylights out of me.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Well when they get older, obviously, it's not like hot ten year old threesomes are going to happen anytime soon. And as for Bulbagarden, I personally make an effort to remove crap like 'they have the same hair color' that fall under the hints/evidence subsections.

Rofl, 'real debates'. The OP doesn't state anything about nevermets or 'impossible' shippings, you just seem to interpret it that way so it fits your views and ignore us when we argue that we don't care if it's 'impossible' (and sometimes it isn't, though you stick to your old arguements), it's still awesome, and that's what counts. New Wunschkind?

Pearlshipping isn't that canon or likely either. When fifth gen comes out (and it will, Nintendo will not quit making games as long as they keep selling) Dawn will be replaced and get a few cameos and the new popular ship will be Ash/new girl. So yeah, don't play that card.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I doubt there will be a final Ash pairing. Apart from his brief crush on Gizelle in The School of Hard Knocks, he has not been attracted to anyone in all the years Pokemon has been on the air. He is too absorbed in trying to become a Pokemon Master to take notice in any girls or boys. He is also extremely oblivious when it comes to love. Whenever romance is in his face, he simply does not get it.

I cannot stand Pokeshipping. Ash and Misty have clashing personalities. They are both too dominate and aggressive to be able to sustain a healthy relationship, since they would have a constant power struggle between them. From what I have seen of Sinnoh, I also dislike Pearlshipping. Ash and Dawn act too much like platonic siblings for a romance to ever develop between them. Dawn is also too high maintenance for Ash.

I have never had a problem with Advanceshipping. Mind you, I do not support it, but I can tolerate it. However, it will never happen, since Ash is not interested in anyone romantically (May included) and May is clearly attracted to Drew (who reciprocates her feelings).

As far as pairing Misty goes, I like her with Tracey best. Their personalities balance out well with one another. He is a calm, easy going, and mature young man while she is a short-tempered, brash, and stubborn girl. I have seen her paired with Brock before. That could work, but because I am not a fan of the pervert x hot headed girl cliché in anime, I do not support it.

I like May with Drew best. Some people have stated that a relationship between them could not work because Drew constantly teases May. However, keep in mind that Drew eventually did cease teasing May. In the last episode he was seen in during the Battle Frontier saga, he was actually quite nice to her.

Appealshipping will probably never happen, but I can definitely see why people support it. Penguinshipping is lame in my eyes (then again, I just plain do not like Kenny). I have not seen any episodes featuring Conway yet, but HeatTagshipping looks interesting due to Conway's creepiness around Dawn. I hope that I will one day get to watch the Tag Battle arc. I really want to see their interaction.

Holly x Brock seems neat, too (another reason as to why I want to watch the Tag Battle arc).

shedinjask

Years
  • Yeah, I usually pair Misty with Tracey or Brock myself. And Brock never acts pervy around her, which makes it so cool.

Conway is Dawn's stalker. He follows the gang everywhere.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Arshiki, you really said it. Just keep in mind May probably doens't like Drew that much.

Misty is way better with Tracey, that's for sure. Pokeshipping is too contradictory in many factors.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not a shipper but Arshiki basically summed it up right there.

But to try to fit into this thread I like Pearlshipping.

I thought Ash and Misty were more like brother and sister. Usually because of their arguments/fights that they had. Dawn and Ash actually seem like best friends. Ash and May look like student and teacher with the classic student surpassing the master.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Somehow, for some reason, I'll be sad if Tracey pairs up with Misty.

Why, would Brock act pervy with Misty? That doesn't make any sense and it's so wrong because she's also a gym leader. And Brock would stoop down to Ash and Misty's level of bickering, which he clearly doesn't want.

shedinjask

Years
  • I didn't say he would, I said it's cool because he doesn't. He doesn't chase after her like he does other girls, possibly trying not to ruin what they have?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Correct. Brock is only attracted to girls older than him most of the time, and that is VERY sad.

Misty is most likely with Tracey at this point. If that shipping ain't canon... I'll eat my shorts :P

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • but I thought it was Misty's sister daisy who liked tracey, cuz I saw on bulbapedia that she would usually ask tracey to come over and help her with something, ( I think )

Years
  • I think pokemon has the most support for me when it comes to various pairings. The anime is more straight forward, but the manga is a different story. I prefer Pokeshipping, Contestshipping, Handymanshipping, Vineshipping, Legomorphshipping and Penguinshipping. I think Ikarishipping.

For the manga I like Specialshipping, OldRivalshipping, Grantedshipping, NewRivalshipping, Franticshipping, Commonershipping and Feelingshipping.

shedinjask

Years
  • It's 'Lagomorph'.

Pokesupe! Originshipping anyone? Anyone?

Also I hear Toxicbolt (Koga/Surge) is full of subtext, can anyone fill me in on that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back