• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

should game freak have changed the effects of some of the moves?

change the effectso of some moves from this gen on?

• Total voters

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
  • like making moves like surf and earthquake/magnitude only effect the enemy side of the field in multibattles, or make psychic effect all the pokemon on the enemy side?

keep the flaming to yourself and feel free to discuss

::EDIT::
    or just make it interesting, confused pokemon would attack anything, including allies

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, those things are things that could be fixed any generation, and not gen 5 specific - so this fits into PGC to discuss with future generations in mind cause you can't change the past.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Honestly, I have no problem with the way the moves work now. Besides, the point to battling is building a team that works around moves and abilities, so if you wanted to use Earthquake, just put a flying type with it. Basically, it's just part of the challenge.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I would change the name of Incinerate to, say, Burn Off, because it's such a weak move it doesn't deserve such a dramatic name.

A few other changes, like more random effects for confusion (attack random battler/self, use random move or Struggle, etc.) would be nice. Not much springs to mind, though. The moves are pretty much fine as they are.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It would be cool if they added a grass effect, like burn, poison, sleep ect. It would be similar to leech seed, or wrap.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I would change the name of Incinerate to, say, Burn Off, because it's such a weak move it doesn't deserve such a dramatic name.

So. Much. Agreement.

I agree with the OP's idea of having a confused Pokemon attack an ally in a double/triple/rotation battle. I think that'd be a really interesting idea.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • So. Much. Agreement.

I agree with the OP's idea of having a confused Pokemon attack an ally in a double/triple/rotation battle. I think that'd be a really interesting idea.

That would actually be pretty awesome, Emboar is confused, attacks enemy pokemon. lolol. But yeah I also think it's challenging to plan your moves around each pokemon.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Quick Attack should have a 20% chance of raising the user's speed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd increase Feint's power back to 50 (or 60) and make it so that it always succeeds and doubles in power if the opponent used Protect or Detect.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I agree with the confusion factor, but i don't have a problem with the effects of the attacks ;D

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I cant really think of any, most of the moves are fine. But I think Earthquake should have an "Aftershock" effect, where it does damage to everyone on the field with about..20 power or so? Except the Poke that used it. I think that would be pretty cool, no?:P

Water type moves should get an effect as well, like.."Drench" where the user gets "wet" and if you use an Ice type attack or a Electric type attack within three turns afterwords, you get either x2 or x1.5 the damage. I think it would be really fun to see the different types of strategies in competitive that might spring from this XD.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    ice beam looks so weak.. if they could make it lika a horizontal thunderbolt but than blue...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • like making moves like surf and earthquake/magnitude only effect the enemy side of the field in multibattles,
    In gen 3 Surf only hit the opponents in double battles. =p I prefer it as it is though if only because it makes 'more sense' to me that if a Pokemon summons a giant wave to hit multiple opponents other Pokemon are also going to get hit by it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I agree with confusion making you attack an ally in double and triple battles. I also think Dragon Rage should be an attack that has variable damage like other moves. In the anime, when Gyarados uses Dragon Rage, it's a devastating move. Ash's Charizard also makes it look more impressive. I also think Mud-Slap should do more damage, because right now it does such little damage, it might as well not do any. Same with Lick, which should also be Normal-type.

Back