• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I get a DS Flash Cart

Years
    I have a few questions:
    How many DS games can they hold?
    Can they play GBA Games?
    Can they Support Emulators?

Also, is it worth it?

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Get an Acekard ver 2.1.

Has perfect compatibility.
    Good interface.
    Supports download play and WiFi.
    Does not support slot - 2, so you can't GBA games.
    Is cheap.
    You need a microsd card, 30 games per gig.

Or if you want to spend extra money, get a CycloDS Evolution

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I have a few questions:
    How many DS games can they hold?
    Can they play GBA Games?
    Can they Support Emulators?

Also, is it worth it?

1. Depends on your transflash MicroSD capacity and the games that you plan on putting on it.

2. Not with a slot-1 flash cart. If you want to play GBA games, you'll either need a slot-2 flash cart or an expansion pack like the EZ Flash 3-in-1 (which is what I use).

3. I don't understand specifically what you mean by this question. If it helps, there are certain homebrew such as Lameboy, SNEmulDS and others which play other "retro" games such as SNES, GBC etc.

4. In the long run, yes, it is worth it since pirating games is almost always more worth it than buying unless you're caught. ;)

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Yeah i was sorta wondering about this. Too. Idk maybe ill look into it. Where could i purchase such a thing in the US?

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Okay, ill look into it. but i also have some questions.

1. Is R4 Okay too?
    2.Whats a MicroSD?
    3.What would the Price range be?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    1. Is R4 Okay too?
    No, no and no! R4DS used to be one of the best options but there are better options that are also cheaper.
    2.Whats a MicroSD?
    Google is your friend.
    The average flash cart can be bought from $15-30 USD.

Last edited:
    Years
    My questions are answered.
    I'm getting a 4gig iTouchDS for $20 (us money)
    and I'll stick to PSP GBA emulation then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Okay, ill look into it. but i also have some questions.

1. Is R4 Okay too?
    2.Whats a MicroSD?

Whats a MicroSD?
    same as SDCard (the memory card that u use it for Wii). but MicroSD is much smaller than SDCard. its sold in everywhere(i think)

i have Action Replay DS Media Edition that is same as R4 and flash card. but dont buy it. its very bad. i couldnt bring my ROMs to it. i can say Action Replay DS is good only for cheating not for these things.....

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    CycloDS is your best choice. Get a large MicroSD card (1 or 2 GB is fine) and then put games on it. It's a great buy. Comkes in over 10 languages and 100 skins are available. Has built-in AR codes an can play MP3, video, photo. MicroSD card not included in CycloDS package. *.AVI* extension doesn't work.

Buy it!

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    yes get one dude. an R4 or M3 Simply its 34.99 and its simply the best ever. also get an EZFlash5, about $15(slot two thing not slot one) and you can play GBA and all kinds of hacks from here. you can have emulators of all kinds on there even NEO GEO!!! (so awesome) but anyway its defiently worth it man. supports up to 2gigs can view videos(only .DPG and .DSMP), photos, mp3's (all kinds of audio really) and supports the NDS Browser, Loads of differnt skins and built in AR updated everytime a new major game comes out. (like once every 2-3 months). also there is a program called DS Gamemaker that i wanted to bring up. (imagine RPGMAKER but for making DS games) i think you guys can see where im going with that^.

Luckyneko

Meow. Kitty!
    Years
    I like R4DS personaly :P it works well. Not hard to use. (even if it has a Cheat Thing) Its still good. And can play GBA games. If you download someting you can also play GB/GBC games! ^^

Back