• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I sell my PS2 for a WII?

Years
  • DEFINETELY sell your Ps2 for a Wii, look at all the good games that are coming out!

(For Australia so Don't have a go at me)

Tommorow, Mario Kart Wii! AWESOME!

Soon, Super Smash bros Brawl That will totally !@#$ everything especially Sims!

Thanks GET A WII OR I KILL YOU!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Ok, I don't know if you've already sold your PS2 or not but if you haven't then you shouldn't... unless you don't like any of the games on the PS2 (and I hard that find to believe).

First off, is there a lot of games you want for the Wii? If there are and if you believe it's worth getting rid of the PS2 then go for it.
    But personally... I think selling the PS2 is a bad idea. I do own a PS2 and a Wii, and I will say that when it comes to games I like more games on the PS2 then the Wii. Brawl is a great great great game, and that alone should be enough to buy a Wii (but not to sell a PS2). But on the PS2 you got games like Final Fantasy X (and if you're able... go back and find games for the PS), Kingdom Hearts/2 Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear Solid, Burnout, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and others... lots and lots of others. Is the PS2 worth getting rid of? That's up to you, but being an owner of both systems (and just to throw others out there since people has talked about them... I also own a GameCube and XBox 360)... it's not worth it... at least right now (and I do own like 13 Wii games... and it's still not worth it).

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I would never sell my ps2 personally, its library of games is unequaled. The wii has a few games that are nice, but the game base on the ps2 is too good to sell. I'd suggest just saving up for a while instead of doing something you might regret in the future.

Last edited:

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • the wii sucks for shooter games it was a horible to play c.o.d 3 on it im sad to have bought the game

I would never sell my ps2 personally, its library of games is unequaled. The wii has a few games that are nice, but the game base on the ps2 is too good to sell. I'd suggest just saving up for a while instead of doing something you might regret in the future.
    egzactly thats why i bought a ps3 80gb with backwards compatability.
    assassins creed is awsome lol

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I wouldn't SELL it for a Wii. But I would still recommend buying a Wii. See, there are more good games for the PS2 than there are for the Wii. But that's not the only reason. The other reason is if you get worn out playing the Wii and still want to game, how will you if you sold your PS2?

Not to mention there are still games coming out for the PS2. And I imagine this will be going on for awhile yet.

egzactly thats why i bought a ps3 80gb with backwards compatability.

Good luck getting Wild Arms V to work on it.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
  • Yes. First you should sell your PS2 and get a wii then you should smack yourself upside the head for being stupid enough to buy anything from Sony in the first place.

That is the best post I have ever read 8D
    *shakes hand*
    Lmao yah you should definatelly get rid of your ps2 the wii is much better ^_^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • :( I don't see how so many people can be saying that the Wii is still getting a bunch of great games and holding attention. Honestly, I played my Wii a fair bit when I first got it, but then when I beat Twilight Princess a week later, I stopped playing for a long time. I only play when games I like come out and even then I get bored of them pretty quickly and end up back on other consoles. I've bought more games for the PS2 in the last two months than I have for Wii in the last year. I just don't think the Wii has a very good library. Brawl, MK Wii (maybe, I haven't played it) and SMG are really the only reasons to go out and buy one right now.
    That is the best post I have ever read 8D
    *shakes hand*
    Lmao yah you should definatelly get rid of your ps2 the wii is much better ^_^
    Says the person with the KH sig... whaa? XD

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • :( I don't see how so many people can be saying that the Wii is still getting a bunch of great games and holding attention. Honestly, I played my Wii a fair bit when I first got it, but then when I beat Twilight Princess a week later, I stopped playing for a long time. I only play when games I like come out and even then I get bored of them pretty quickly and end up back on other consoles. I've bought more games for the PS2 in the last two months than I have for Wii in the last year. I just don't think the Wii has a very good library. Brawl, MK Wii (maybe, I haven't played it) and SMG are really the only reasons to go out and buy one right now.

ya ive got a wii and a ps3 and the wii gets boring quik and its got a weired name but my friend hates ps3 he says it betrad him with the price lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    :( I don't see how so many people can be saying that the Wii is still getting a bunch of great games and holding attention. Honestly, I played my Wii a fair bit when I first got it, but then when I beat Twilight Princess a week later, I stopped playing for a long time. I only play when games I like come out and even then I get bored of them pretty quickly and end up back on other consoles. I've bought more games for the PS2 in the last two months than I have for Wii in the last year. I just don't think the Wii has a very good library. Brawl, MK Wii (maybe, I haven't played it) and SMG are really the only reasons to go out and buy one right now.

ya ive got a wii and a ps3 and the wii gets boring quik and its got a weired name but my friend hates ps3 he says it betrad him with the price lol.

To be fair the wii has a really nice library when you consider all the virtual console games that are worth buying, but original game wise the ps2 does beat it....and the name of the wii was funny for like the first few months it was out, its not funny anymore :/
    Edit: ugh, didnt realize i was quoting someone elses response to a quote, but i stand by it XD

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years

Says the person with the KH sig... whaa? XD

XD well I really like Kingdom Hearts
    but I dont own it personally my bro has a ps2 and he has kh2
    so thats how I play it ^_^
    but yah thats about the only ps2 game that I would play
    since okami is on the wii now 8D

GTA-Niko

Grand Theft Hedgehog
    Years
  • Definately sell it. Wii is very fun. But keep your favorite PS2 games! If you get the really high GB PS3 (60 or 80 GB, I'm not sure...) at some point you can play PS2 games on it. But on some you can't.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Yes, if you like the selection of games on offer (not including any Virtual Console or Wii Ware games).
    No, if you're looking for more "mature" titles.

Seriously though, I think it's a good console. If you are able to make use of Wi-Fi (and get it working properly), you'd enjoy it. Like everyone says, it's fun!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
  • I'll say yes. Going online and stuff is a lot more fun than playing single player games. Besides, PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator which works perfectly. On the other hand, the Wii doesn't have a single working emulator.

So yeah, you should sell your PS2 to get a Wii.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ya ive got a wii and a ps3 and the wii gets boring quik and its got a weired name but my friend hates ps3 he says it betrad him with the price lol.
    Haha, well, the PS3 ≠ PS2. :P If I had to compare my Wii and my PS3, the Wii would win hands down. The only game I have for PS3 that I enjoy is Assassin's Creed and that apparently plays better on the 360 anyway. XD;

GTA-Niko

Grand Theft Hedgehog
    Years
  • you cant use ps2 game on the 30 but you can on the 80 i just started yousing mercs agen.
    And the 80 is really cool because of that.
    Guy's don't think the PS3 is so terrible. I think it's awesome once you play it more.I'm definately keeping my 80 GB PS3.

Back