• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Should they remake Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Should they remake R/B/Y?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Yes, but keep Lavander Town how it is

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    Do you think they should remake Red Blue and Yellow? I don't mean Fire Red and such, I mean down to the core. The same features, the same everything. That INCLUDES Lavender Town. That includes the music from the Beta (because it was better than the official release), Pokemon Tower, the back-story of the Cubone in Pokemon Tower, etc.

For Yellow, that also includes Pikachu being out of his ball. I think they should. One of the things I hate most about Fire Red, is the fact that they took out the true Lavender Town. It gave Pokemon for of a story and a realistic feel. If they did, I'd fall in-love with the series again, because we should all know how bad it's getting. I really do miss Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. Especially Pikachu from Yellow.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No. I'm sick of Kanto. NO. MORE. KANTO. Please. The series isn't getting bad at all, either. And I definitely don't miss Pikachu as my forced starter, lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • No, Kanto has had way too many appearances since its inception. I feel several years need to past before then even contemplate revisiting Kanto in any way shape and form.

If your going to say down to the core then please explain. Also aren't the remakes essentially same features and everything just have a bit more added too it? Unless I am missing something outside of your apparently dislike of Lavender town music. And they have the Marowak in Lavender Town so its not like the story is gone...

Basically it would be pointless to make a remake of a remake, unless it was years and years down the road.

If anything Yellow would be remade, but I don't see when or if that will happen.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    No, we already remade them once before and twice if you count HG/SS so yeah no real point going to Kanto or any region for the umpteenth time unless you're that much of a sucker for nostalgia or god knows what else makes the region so addicting to you to begin with.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Kanto has appeared in HGSS, FRLG, RBY, GSC which is four appearences... the likes of Hoenn & Sinnoh have only had one, there's no point considering the graphics are kind-of upto date.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
  • Kanto has gotten enough attention to nerdgasm every pokefreak out there. I'd be much more happier with a Ruby remake, since (aside from Gold and a few others) Ruby is the only one I still actively play.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oh, lordy no. I love Kanto, but there's no point in flogging a dead horse. It's been revived so many times that any attempt to make a more 'traditional, bare-bones' game would probably be seen as too basic for most consumers nowadays. Let sleeping dogs lie. (Wow, I talk a lot in idioms...)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    No. Kanto sucks. I'm not even going to defend it. I hate it. To have yet ANOTHER remake would be ridiculous. We've been to Kanto four times in four generations. I'm done with it, completely. NO MORE REMAKES.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, especially if "true to the originals" means no choice of a male or female character. She practically lifted FR/LG from being merely "okay" games IMO. Not too keen on a forced Pikachu either... that thing was a liability and a hassle to train. Plus yeah, it's shown up in four generations so far. Time to give it a rest.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No, RBY means Ruby.

R/B/Y means Red, Blue & Yellow. They're seperate games, so they can't have letter combinations or it'll be too confusing to differentiate.

No. RBY is Red, Blue, and Yellow. Just because there aren't any slash marks doesn't mean people are talking about Ruby.

Kanto has appeared in HGSS, FRLG, RBY, GSC which is four appearences... the likes of Hoenn & Sinnoh have only had one, there's no point considering the graphics are kind-of upto date.

HeartGold & SoulSilver, FireRed & LeafGreen, Red, Blue, & Yellow, and Gold, Silver, & Crystal. It's an abbreviation. Just because someone doesn't use the unnecessary slash marks doesn't mean RBY is Ruby. It's not that hard to look at the two and differentiate them.

Years
  • How many times am I going to see a thread like this.

No. I'm so sick of Kanto. Its in more games than any other region. It should be many years before it makes another appearance, if at all any.

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, They should remake it but not remake Yellow, I dont like having that weak Pikachu. I'd only want a remake if it was BW sprites, an awesome red sprite(HGSS's perhaps) and a new moveset and stats for Pikachu. THEN, I'd play it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No, RBY means Ruby.

R/B/Y means Red, Blue & Yellow. They're seperate games, so they can't have letter combinations or it'll be too confusing to differentiate.
    ...Why would someone go out of their way to type 3 out of 4 letters of a word when they could just right the whole thing, especially since "U" is right next to "Y" on a keyboard?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I partially agree, remaking Kanto back to it's roots would be cool, but it would be getting way too repetitive. If Kanto was remade, the only way the public would be satisfied is if there was something new added to it... So, remaking the original Kanto, but also adding something new would probably be the only logical option here...

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    I suppose I concur. Kanto HAS had a good amount of appearances. The reason why I like Yellow so much is because it resembles the anime though, which I grew up with and adored to death. Do any of you think they should re make Yellow?

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • If anything, just Yellow, not any more of Red and Blue.

Kanto itself, other than maybe a Yellow remake, needs to go away for some time, and give Hoenn and Sinnoh new chances to shine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back