• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reserving my place posts are just a way for post count obsessed people to get another tally without having anything to even enter. XD

Why in god's name would you ever need to reserve your place in a SoTW? I mean, sure you can enter a placeholder to sit and look pretty while you actually work on something else, but reservations? Just think of SoTW as a tacky restaurant, somehow having a reservation makes you seem even more tacky.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    What is even worse than a having a placeholder in a SoTW thread is when the person posts their entry, they make a new comment. So they are left with a reserved spot in one place, and their entry in another...

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I mean what is the point of a placeholder? To hold your place.
    Why hold your place if you are going to take another place anyways?
    Not feisty, just tired...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There shouldn't be this many reserved spots in this week's SotW. When I first checked out the thread, I thought that there really sixteen entries on the first day. Then, I see about five to six placeholders.

Guys, you don't need to reserve a spot. Whatever order you go by, your work is still going to be included in the voting process.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The reserving my place posts are just a way for post count obsessed people to get another tally without having anything to even enter. XD

Why in god's name would you ever need to reserve your place in a SoTW? I mean, sure you can enter a placeholder to sit and look pretty while you actually work on something else, but reservations? Just think of SoTW as a tacky restaurant, somehow having a reservation makes you seem even more tacky.
    There should be a rule stating that if your going to post in the thread you better have an image or atleast an idea in the post. I like seeing new tags in these threads, but all I see is "Reserved spot please. Thanks". Makes me want to pull my hair out.

I don't think a rule is needed really. I mean, it should be intuitive that reserving a spot is not needed, because to put it simply, there are no spots being filled. Whenever I see a reservation post I always wonder if they think there is a cap to the amount of entrants there can be, then I remember those oh so special numbers opposite to our usernames.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I'm just wandering... can anyone do the SOTW? I mean, do you you have to have a gallery/shop? Or do you have to have been in SOTW previously?

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    I'm just wandering... can anyone do the SOTW? I mean, do you you have to have a gallery/shop? Or do you have to have been in SOTW previously?
    Anyone can can enter a SOTW as long as their graphic fits the theme, but only the previous winner of the last SOTW can decide the theme.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Anyone can can enter a SOTW as long as their graphic fits the theme, but only the previous winner of the last SOTW can decide the theme.

And to add on to this, whoever decides the theme for a SOTW cannot enter in that SOTW.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I might change it. It's a placeholder until I get time. Although I should be focusing on a project I have started. xD

Also what's up with 'graphic designers' and numbers?

So gay statistics only made cherii's stand out more. ._.'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I might change it. It's a placeholder until I get time. Although I should be focusing on a project I have started. xD

Also what's up with 'graphic designers' and numbers?

So gay statistics only made cherii's stand out more. ._.'

...I already deleted mine..

And, I'm going to agree with Loki, and say that Elysium's looks pretty good, even though it's a place holder.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    HFI's vote was removed?

I guess it doesn't affect the vote any more, but in previous incidents they were disqualified.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back