• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silly Bandz

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    Ironic that I happen to log in to here 1 day after I got my first silly band. Haha, well they're called something different here: Beanie Bands or something. They're pretty kawaii. I have a Lobster one called Pinchers. :3

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    The kids are the silly ones for actually wanting to spend money on rubber bands... seriously just make your own.

I think it would be hard to make them in a certain shape like that...... But I doubt most of them buy them anyway, they probably have their parents buy them. :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Wear them too long and it will be bad for you D=

Anyways, I have like 3, gave 2 to a friend, and got one for fun, don't wear it though. Last year everyone wore it, teachers, kids, ect. This year, it's like it never existed LMAO.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    I saw my teachers wearing them because kids were playing with theirs, but they said they'd give them back to the kid. XD
    One of my teachers has tons. Although idk if she's actually a teacher... she just stands in the back of the room while the other teacher teaches. And sometimes copies papers.... and helps people lol

SIN1488

Years
    One of my teachers has tons. Although idk if she's actually a teacher... she just stands in the back of the room while the other teacher teaches. And sometimes copies papers.... and helps people lol

She's probably either a student teacher, or one of those people that's still in college and she's just sitting in for credits and the learning experience.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I think it would be hard to make them in a certain shape like that...... But I doubt most of them buy them anyway, they probably have their parents buy them. :P
    Actually the material, silicone, helps them stay in place. It was never patented, so there are a million Silly Band companies.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I don't think those would be very good for breaking ice, they're made of rubber...... :embarrass

Metaphorical ice. A conversation piece. Silly goose.

Or rather, silly duckie.

Ayselipera

Silly Bandz

Those were around for generations, and they were just jelly bands. These are SILLY bands, and they will probably be around longer. :P

Jelly bands are truly eternal and those who say otherwise are either twelve or younger. Since I'm guessing that's the age that didn't get an introduction to jelly bands just yet. In time my dears, in time.

Yes I have four silly bands. I have a pig, cat, turtle, and a really stupid one that looks like a ring. I never wear them they were just given to me by random people at school who had an armful, literally.

Anyways silly bands are just a phase and like all phases they come to an end. I noticed everyone had one at the end of last school year and now not as many people wear them.

When all is said and done I'm not annoyed that people wear them or that they exist. I just wish I thought of them first.

SIN1488

Years
    Jelly bands are truly eternal and those who say otherwise are either twelve or younger. Since I'm guessing that's the age that didn't get an introduction to jelly bands just yet. In time my dears, in time.

IDK, it was when I was in 5th or 6th grade that those were popular, so IDK about that statement. Though I'm sure they obviously aren't as popular as they were, and maybe only in a few places. I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing them.

Ayselipera

IDK, it was when I was in 5th or 6th grade that those were popular, so IDK about that statement. Though I'm sure they obviously aren't as popular as they were, and maybe only in a few places. I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing them.

I see them all the time. I think it's just that people discreetly wear them. Maybe two or three at the most on a wrist instead of a mound completely separating your hand from your arm.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I first saw Silly Bandz when I was at Staples getting school supplies and thought they were pretty cool, but I didn't get any because I barely use rubber bands anyway. Then I went back to school and noticed 90% of the school wearing them. There was even an article about how popular they were in the school newspaper...xDD I tried wearing one just for the fun of it; it was an orange dog bone shaped one, but it didn't last through math class. I got bored.

SIN1488

Years
    I see them all the time. I think it's just that people discreetly wear them. Maybe two or three at the most on a wrist instead of a mound completely separating your hand from your arm.

Maybe, and lol@the bold part. Reminds me of Kandy Kids that wear tons of Kandy (Bracelets) on their wrists. I wear one of those myself, but I'm no raver... :o

Maybe that's one reason why kids like these silly bandz so much, because they saw the older teenagers wearing Kandy when they were growing up.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I have a couple. :P And no, my school didn't ban them, because I see people wear them everyday. I'm wearing one right now, actually. XD

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Gah, those "Silly Band" things. Last year, everyone had them. My little brother (10)has an armfull of them, as does my little sister (13). I personally don't like them. Just don't... Now this year, everyone has them again. D:< Even the TEACHERS! What is this maddness?

........ But I have two... My brother gave them to me. I have a boat and an A. ^^; I've never worn them, though. They just chill in my room,

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    They used to be a huge fad in my school, and like all fads, they wear out over time. Kid's have stopped wearing them. Mostly the smaller, younger kids still wear them. I used to have a few, but I either lost them or gave them away. xD

As for schools banning it, it's pretty stupid, in my opinion. I mean, even though it's pointless, it's not like they get in your way from learning in school and if they somehow do, I pity you so much.

Back