• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Pokémon World Tournament system

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2020
    I installed the Pokémon World Tournament script from Luka S.J and it was working just fine.
    Then I edited the overworld music and then the game has been giving me these messages.
    It doesn't crash just displays the messages and then the game plays just fine.
    Please help!
    View attachment 81420

View attachment 81421

View attachment 81422

Has anyone succeeded in resolving this issue? I'm having trouble with it as well and nothing seems to help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2020
    Has anyone succeeded in resolving this issue? I'm having trouble with it as well and nothing seems to help.

Got help from Marin with this, apparently putting the PWT script above all the PScreen scripts resolves the issue.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I really like this script, and I've found it quite useful. However, there's one problem (which is likely easy to fix) with one of the graphical overlays that causes it to appear in full screen mode when it should not be visible (see the attached picture in upper left). Is there an easy way to get it so the picture wouldn't be visible in full screen? I've been looking through the code, but I can't find where it sets the position of that graphic.

Attachments

• Simple Pokémon World Tournament system
      Capture.PNG
      60.3 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:

Sr.Haruno

Banned
    Years
  • Move above PSystem scripts and Comment these:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Move above PSystem scripts and Comment these:

Thanks for your help, but that didn't work for me. I found that the issue was before these methods were even called, as the problem persisted even when I removed them entirely (would cause error afterwards). However, I figured out how to fix it (for anyone who's experiencing this problem as well). After "@miniboard = MiniBoard.new(@viewport)", I pasted "@miniboard.update(-500,-500)" and it worked fine. I think 500 ensures that it should be out of sight (at least for my screen size; not sure if that makes a difference).

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Does anyone know how I can use this same code for a smaller/larger tournaments? It throws an error as soon as the script starts if I use 4 trainers instead of 8.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hello!
    I have the latest version of the script and I would like to make sure that, when I meet the rival, the trainer variable is conditioned by the variable "choosing starter".
    Can it be corrected in this way?
    Thanks

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022

It's wrong. You need to add like
    Code:
      def fetchTournamentList
        case $game_variables[7]
    # b is name, a is name of rival in trainer.txt
        when 1; a = :RIVAL_Komor1; b = "Komor 1"
        when 2; a = :RIVAL_Komor2; b = "Komor 2"
        when 3; a = :RIVAL_Komor3; b = "Komor 3"
        end
        tournament_list = [
          "Kanto Leaders","",
          [a,b,"Looks like you were the sturdier of us.","My barrier was tough to break. Maybe next time.",1,"You were pretty tough! I can't wait to face off against you again!"],
          [:LEADER_Misty,"Misty","You are a skilled Trainer, I have to admit that.","Looks like out of the two of us, I was the better Trainer.",1,"I'm going to train even harder, so that I can beat you next time!"],
          [:LEADER_Surge,"Lt.Surge","You shocked my very core, soldier!","At ease son, not everyone can beat me.",1,"Do you feel this electrifying atmosphere? I'm so pumped!"],
          [:LEADER_Erika,"Erika","Oh my! \n Looks like I've underestimated you.","Keep practicing hard, and one day you will be the victor.",1,"My Pokemon have bloomed ever since they've battled you."],
          [:LEADER_Sabrina,"Sabrina","Impossible! I did not predict this!","The outcome was just as I predicted.",1,"The future tells me of our rematch."],
          [:LEADER_Koga,"Koga","You've got a great battle technique!","My technique was the superior one!",1],
          [:LEADER_Blaine,"Blaine","Your flame burnt me up!","My flames are not something everyone can handle.",1,"You really burned me up back there!"],
          [:LEADER_Giovanni,"Giovanni","What? \nMe, lose?!","I could have never lost to a kid like you!",1],
          # "Johto Leaders","",      <=  start of defining a new Tournament branch 
        ] # end of list
        return tournament_list
      end

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello guys. I have a question. I am using the script and I would like to be able to check the NAME or TYPE of the trainer who will fight in the next round against the player, that way I would like to modify the graphics of the board and vs animation. Does anyone know how I could check those conditionals to customize the graphics a bit? (Trainers' battle sprites don't seem to fit well and are cut off or moved) ...

Any help is welcome...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello guys. I have a question. I am using the script and I would like to be able to check the NAME or TYPE of the trainer who will fight in the next round against the player, that way I would like to modify the graphics of the board and vs animation. Does anyone know how I could check those conditionals to customize the graphics a bit? (Trainers' battle sprites don't seem to fit well and are cut off or moved) ...

Any help is welcome...

Hi, I was able to make it so a custom graphic was displayed for the animation instead of using a cropped version of the full sprite that could cut off important parts. The part I changed was under "def fetchTrainerBmp(trainerid)". I believe it used to be something like this:
    Code:
          file = pbPlayerSpriteFile(trainerid)
          bmp0 = BitmapCache.load_bitmap(file)
          if defined?(DynamicTrainerSprite) && defined?(TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
            bmp1 = Bitmap.new(bmp0.height*TRAINERSPRITESCALE,bmp0.height*TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
            bmp1.stretch_blt(Rect.new(0,0,bmp1.width,bmp1.height),bmp0,Rect.new(bmp0.width-bmp0.height,0,bmp0.height,bmp0.height))
          else
            bmp1 = bmp0.clone
          end
          return bmp1

But I changed it to this, which instead just uses a custom graphic in the folder specified (I just made it so the file name would be the trainer class ID number in this case, but you could customize it further I guess):
    Code:
          file = "Graphics/Pictures/PWT/#{trainerid}"
          bmp1 = bmp0.clone
          return bmp1

I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do though. Pretty much any method relevant to what you'd be changing has some sort of trainer variable as like an input or something, so you could just use that. (If "trainer" is the variable, you can use "trainer.id" to get the trainer type as a number, or you can use "trainer.name" to get the name of the individual trainer as a string I believe.)

I hope this helps

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I was able to make it so a custom graphic was displayed for the animation instead of using a cropped version of the full sprite that could cut off important parts. The part I changed was under "def fetchTrainerBmp(trainerid)". I believe it used to be something like this:
    Code:
          file = pbPlayerSpriteFile(trainerid)
          if defined?(DynamicTrainerSprite) && defined?(TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
            bmp1 = Bitmap.new(bmp0.height*TRAINERSPRITESCALE,bmp0.height*TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
            bmp1.stretch_blt(Rect.new(0,0,bmp1.width,bmp1.height),bmp0,Rect.new(bmp0.width-bmp0.height,0,bmp0.height,bmp0.height))
          else
            bmp1 = bmp0.clone
          end
          return bmp1

But I changed it to this, which instead just uses a custom graphic in the folder specified (I just made it so the file name would be the trainer class ID number in this case, but you could customize it further I guess):
    Code:
          file = "Graphics/Pictures/PWT/#{trainerid}"
          bmp1 = bmp0.clone
          return bmp1

I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do though. Pretty much any method relevant to what you'd be changing has some sort of trainer variable as like an input or something, so you could just use that. (If "trainer" is the variable, you can use "trainer.id" to get the trainer type as a number, or you can use "trainer.name" to get the name of the individual trainer as a string I believe.)

I hope this helps

This is exactly what i need. Im going to test it tonight :)

Thank you for this.

EDIT: Works perfectly. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
    Back