• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Can somebody explain to me why we see sets such as Sub Empoleon, but no others that takes advantage of their 'pinch move' ability? Like, Sceptile, or Feraligatr?

Empoleon gains access to Agility to bypass most Choice Scarfers, has good special attack, and resists most priority moves.

Besides Sceptile, Feraligatr and the likes kinda suck so eh

Years
    leech seed

i know that leech seed steals oponent's HP but what happens when oponent switches out? does leech seed get canceled?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    i know that leech seed steals oponent's HP but what happens when oponent switches out? does leech seed get canceled?

Leech Seed out isn't like normal status, it's like Confusion and Attraction - it gets eliminated by switching out.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Upon logging into shoddy's official server for the first time, I was informed of how certain suspect weren't banned there, but cacturne also featured on this list. Anybody know why this is?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Upon logging into shoddy's official server for the first time, I was informed of how certain suspect weren't banned there, but cacturne also featured on this list. Anybody know why this is?

o_O Do you mean Cacturne was banned or unbanned? I assume banned since it's unbanned in every tier to the best of my knowledge.

But yeah, Garchomp and I think even Wobbuffet are not banned on Official. But Official sucks, Smogon is a better bet (but be ready for annoying trolls in the main chat, lol).

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    o_O Do you mean Cacturne was banned or unbanned? I assume banned since it's unbanned in every tier to the best of my knowledge.

But yeah, Garchomp and I think even Wobbuffet are not banned on Official. But Official sucks, Smogon is a better bet (but be ready for annoying trolls in the main chat, lol).

I'm already been accused of incest in the official forum, I don't see why smogon's should be any different =]

Anyway, there actually stressing how he is unbanned. I'll presume it's an inside joke.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm already been accused of incest in the official forum, I don't see why smogon's should be any different =]

Anyway, there actually stressing how he is unbanned. I'll presume it's an inside joke.

Probably. The Official Server is nuts as it is.

The difference is that you aren't battling against Wobbuffet on Smogon...and the battlers are generally better.

Also, I would just avoid the main chat on the huge servers since...it never ends well. Usually it's trolls anyway so eh.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    ...Well, I wanted to ask, does Trick go through Substitute?

Nope. Substitute blocks Acupressure, Block, a ghost's Curse*, Dream Eater, Embargo, Gastro Acid, Grudge, Heal Block, Leech Seed, Lock-On, Mean Look, Mimic, Mind Reader, Nightmare, Pain Split, Psycho Shift, Spider Web, Sketch, Switcheroo, Trick, Worry Seed, and Yawn.

*I don't think Shoddy Battle has this fixed yet. I was in a battle earlier and some Gengar tried to Curse my Machamp behind its sub. I ended up losing 25% after that turn.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Beautifully well-made post. Very informative. I had always wondered about Gastro Acid & Mean Look. Although I think they fixed Pain Split--my Spiritomb couldn't use it on a Dusknoir.

Now, since I've just posted on Request a team, I am forced to ask here. How is a Special Tangrowth these days?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Beautifully well-made post. Very informative. I had always wondered about Gastro Acid & Mean Look. Although I think they fixed Pain Split--my Spiritomb couldn't use it on a Dusknoir.

Now, since I've just posted on Request a team, I am forced to ask here. How is a Special Tangrowth these days?

Blissey is falling in usage, so I would assume it's good (and I'm also assuming you mean Choice Specs Tangrowth?) as long as you can predict Salamence, Heatran and the gang.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Blissey is falling in usage, so I would assume it's good (and I'm also assuming you mean Choice Specs Tangrowth?) as long as you can predict Salamence, Heatran and the gang.

Isn't Tangrowth still UU though? They don't start ruling out suspects till the 6th iirc. THat means that Tangrowth will more likely be facing UU sweepers. Otherwise, whatever you said.

EDIT:
    Oh, heveans, no. I meant Growth Tangrowth, duh. I'm gonna call it "TanGROWTH". Yeah, Specs...

Does he gain any moves that is useful through move tutors? For special set, I mean.

Well, I would go with the unlimited coverage thing Tangrowth gets from Leaf Storm/EnergyBall/Grass Knot, Ancientpower, and Focus Blast.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Oh, heveans, no. I meant Growth Tangrowth, duh. I'm gonna call it "TanGROWTH". Yeah, Specs...

Does he gain any moves that is useful through move tutors? For special set, I mean.

From what I remember, Specs Tangrowth is Leaf Storm/Focus Blast/Ancientpower and Hidden Power something (either Ice or Fire, probably the latter since Ancientpower hammers Salamence).

No useful moves I know of, but there might be a few. Tangrowth is still a pretty cool Pokemon so you could test it on Shoddy for a little while and see how it goes.

And Sc4rfCh0mp, I'm pretty sure he's talking about OU matches.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    From what I remember, Specs Tangrowth is Leaf Storm/Focus Blast/Ancientpower and Hidden Power something (either Ice or Fire, probably the latter since Ancientpower hammers Salamence).

No useful moves I know of, but there might be a few. Tangrowth is still a pretty cool Pokemon so you could test it on Shoddy for a little while and see how it goes.

And Sc4rfCh0mp, I'm pretty sure he's talking about OU matches.

OU? KK... Yeah, Specs set is HP Fire/Focus Blast/ Leaf Storm/ Ancientpower.

Otherwise, Tangrowth doesn't get any special attacking moves that can benefit from Plat (which is what you're asking about, right?) So the set I posted above should be fine.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I have a very simple, yet very important question.

Why isDark Azelf, as a n00b, allowed to give advice? It says right in the rules that n00bs are not allowed to give advice. This moderator favoritisim is sickening, and I implore that n00b gets his come-uppings.

That aside, I would love to know how Weezing is fairing. In fact, I have a few questions on that.

First, can he still stand up to a few choice OU threats?

Second, was he made UU not because he is bad in OU, but because he doesn't break UU (like Latias, apparently)

Third, would a tanking Exploding set do great, or would a Pain Split set work? That might justdepend on the team itself.

Last, D_A sux.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back