• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Is Pursuit's BP still doubled even when you use it on a Pokemon that uses U-Turn?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Is Pursuit's BP still doubled even when you use it on a Pokemon that uses U-Turn?

It depends. If the pokemon using Pursuit is faster than the U-Turner, it will have 40 base power.If the Pursuiter is slower, then it will have 80 base power.

Years
    I'm a bit confused with how tiers work. I've heard that pokemon considered BL are allowed to be used in UU play, yet some people also say they're banned in UU, and isn't the BL tier only there for pokemon that aren't overused, but are too powerful for UU play?

I'm asking this since I'm sort of new to competitive battling in pokemon, and I see a lot of people posting UU teams that have pokemon on them that are considered BL. I'm just confused what the rules are concerning this - is there a limit to how many non-UU pokemon you can use on a UU team, or something similar?

I wasn't sure where I should post this, but I figured it'd be okay here? Sorry if it's in the wrong area. :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm a bit confused with how tiers work. I've heard that pokemon considered BL are allowed to be used in UU play, yet some people also say they're banned in UU, and isn't the BL tier only there for pokemon that aren't overused, but are too powerful for UU play?

I'm asking this since I'm sort of new to competitive battling in pokemon, and I see a lot of people posting UU teams that have pokemon on them that are considered BL. I'm just confused what the rules are concerning this - is there a limit to how many non-UU pokemon you can use on a UU team, or something similar?

I wasn't sure where I should post this, but I figured it'd be okay here? Sorry if it's in the wrong area. :)

The people who are telling you that BL Pokemon are allowed in UUs are referring to the recent merger - the UU and BL tiers were combined into one tier, which we still call UU. The merger let BL Pokemon into the UU metagame, and this has all happened very recently.

Before the merger, BL Pokemon were banned from UUs and you are right, BL was essentially a banlist of Pokemon that are too strong for UUs but not standard Pokemon by any means.

But yeah, the BL tier technically doesn't exist anymore. All of the Pokemon that were in BL before it was merged with the UU tier are now allowed in UUs though. Hope that answers your question ;D

Years
    The people who are telling you that BL Pokemon are allowed in UUs are referring to the recent merger - the UU and BL tiers were combined into one tier, which we still call UU. The merger let BL Pokemon into the UU metagame, and this has all happened very recently.

Before the merger, BL Pokemon were banned from UUs and you are right, BL was essentially a banlist of Pokemon that are too strong for UUs but not standard Pokemon by any means.

But yeah, the BL tier technically doesn't exist anymore. All of the Pokemon that were in BL before it was merged with the UU tier are now allowed in UUs though. Hope that answers your question ;D

Oh, okay, that makes much more sense now! I was just looking at this thread, which I guess hasn't been updated yet: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118170 Is there an updated list somewhere?

That did answer my question, thank you very much! :) Although now I just need to find an updated list. I'm trying to make a UU doubles hail team, and it's really difficult (in my opinion) to have one without Abomasnow - I've seen people put him on both the OU tier and BL tier, so I'm a little confused if I'd be able to use him or not, lol. Basically all of the other pokemon I'd be using are considered UU/BL all of the time, so he's the only worry that I have.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You can find an updated list here. The BL tier is there but don't let that confuse you - no Pokemon is in it. Just click on each one to find the Pokemon that are in the tier.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Oh, okay, that makes much more sense now! I was just looking at this thread, which I guess hasn't been updated yet: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118170 Is there an updated list somewhere?

That did answer my question, thank you very much! :) Although now I just need to find an updated list. I'm trying to make a UU doubles hail team, and it's really difficult (in my opinion) to have one without Abomasnow - I've seen people put him on both the OU tier and BL tier, so I'm a little confused if I'd be able to use him or not, lol. Basically all of the other pokemon I'd be using are considered UU/BL all of the time, so he's the only worry that I have.

That link is really outdated and was locked some time ago =o

https://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uu

Here is the updated list for the current uu. ^^

EDIT: Beaten gah T_T

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Abomasnow's been considered UU for some time now. They're trying to test out the current UU and find out which ones overpower others and put those in the correct tier.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    fire, fighting, rock and steel types mainly.

Fabian said:
    Am I right in assuming that the reason nobody uses MS Lucario is because that what usually switches into him is faster and OHKO's him anyway?

Pretty much, and because they wont stay in. It works better with SR, T-Spikes, Spikes and what not up.

Last edited:
    Years
    well anything ice is weak to.
    Mainly Rock/fighting/fire/steel
    Normally to counter fire you get a flashfire poke.(example:heatran,houndoom,arcanine)
    To counter fighting you get a ghost preferably frosslass.
    To counter steel.put in a gyarados or any bulky sweeper/wall
    to counter rock, i guess you could use mamoswine :p.frankly i have no idea.(some help out here).
    major threat:
    Aerodactyle:the Lo varient always raped my hail team,rare but can sweep if encounterd.you will need to stop him someway.possibly ice shrad.
    Cant think of anyother atm.
    Other threats could be anything that hurts ice.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    What Pokemon are the most threatning to a Hail-based team?

Tyranitar, if only for Sandstorm. It also has a STAB Stone Edge to batter pretty much everything, and can Pursuit key members such as Froslass. It only fears Mamoswine, really, who can't outspeed a Dragon Dance variant.

Infernape pretty much spells GG to most Hail teams as well, which is why there are things like Starmie, Tentacruel, and Scarfed Heatran. Ironically, Tyranitar sets up on all of these, assuming Starmie is not offensive Life Orb/Choice Specs.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    So I should get a Starmie for my team? I want it so badly (love it), but can't find a Timid Ditto...
    Surf/Blizzard/TB/Rapid Spin?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    So I should get a Starmie for my team? I want it so badly (love it), but can't find a Timid Ditto...
    Surf/Blizzard/TB/Rapid Spin?

Dies to Tyranitar, unless you Life Orb it (and Life Orb Rapid Spin is...um...). It does help with Infernape, just don't come in on a CB U-Turn or Grass Knot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back