• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I have a very simple, yet very important question.

Why isDark Azelf, as a n00b, allowed to give advice? It says right in the rules that n00bs are not allowed to give advice. This moderator favoritisim is sickening, and I implore that n00b gets his come-uppings.

That aside, I would love to know how Weezing is fairing. In fact, I have a few questions on that.

First, can he still stand up to a few choice OU threats?

Second, was he made UU not because he is bad in OU, but because he doesn't break UU (like Latias, apparently)

Third, would a tanking Exploding set do great, or would a Pain Split set work? That might justdepend on the team itself.

Last, D_A sux.

You, sir are the most irritating person i have ever seen on a forum period.
    Simple Q&A Thread

Anyway, sure it can stand up to a few things i guess with its standard walling sets, for example things like Scizor, Lucario and Gyarados...to an extent. Although with Heatran in vast numbers who seems to negate everything weezing does, idk.

Specs Weezing is actually cool too and is a nice surprize for people who dont expect it. It isnt any slouch damaging stuff either and has great coverage.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    This might not go here, but...

Where do you get the pictures for your RMT threads? The most popular ones - not the sprites from the anime. The ones that look like they were drawn by someone other than Ken Sugimari.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    What is a good anti-lead for dealing with Jirachi and Metagross leads?

Sash Lead Infernape would be your best but just be careful of Zen Headbutt Scarf Jirachi and Occa Berry on Meta, however since both are rare you should do fine.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Am I EV training correctly?

As a guy who's been in love with the series since the original games, I thought maybe I should finally learn to EV train so I can battle competitively online. I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right, though. So, umm, yeah, can somebody look over this and tell me if I'm doing it wrong? Sorry for my noob-ness/fail.

I took an untouched Moltres that I got from my copy of Fire Red. I attached the Power Lens (+4 EVs in Special Attack) to it, and then infected it with Pokerus (x2 EVs). I went to the old chateau to fight Gastly (1 EV in Special Attack) and attempt to max out my Special Attack at 252 EVs. I used this equation:

Pokerus (Power Lens + Gastly)
    2 (4 + 1)
    2 (5)

So, earning 10 EVs per battle, I fought Gastly 25 times (25 x 10), for a total of 250 EVs in Special Attack. I then took off my Power Lens (decreasing my EVs per battle count to 2) and fought an additional Gastly to earn 252 EVs in total.

Did I do that right? Also, what stat would best to max out the EVs on next, for Moltres? I was thinking either Speed or HP.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I think you can only put 100 EV's per stat into one pokemon, and 250 total.. I'd check serebii.net. They have a guide for EV training, along with all the specifics, and a list of what pokemon gice how many, and what EV poitns.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I thought it was 510 total, which divided as evenly as possible would get you a 252/252/6 EV spread?

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    As a guy who's been in love with the series since the original games, I thought maybe I should finally learn to EV train so I can battle competitively online. I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right, though. So, umm, yeah, can somebody look over this and tell me if I'm doing it wrong? Sorry for my noob-ness/fail.

I took an untouched Moltres that I got from my copy of Fire Red. I attached the Power Lens (+4 EVs in Special Attack) to it, and then infected it with Pokerus (x2 EVs). I went to the old chateau to fight Gastly (1 EV in Special Attack) and attempt to max out my Special Attack at 252 EVs. I used this equation:

Pokerus (Power Lens + Gastly)
    2 (4 + 1)
    2 (5)

So, earning 10 EVs per battle, I fought Gastly 25 times (25 x 10), for a total of 250 EVs in Special Attack. I then took off my Power Lens (decreasing my EVs per battle count to 2) and fought an additional Gastly to earn 252 EVs in total.

Did I do that right? Also, what stat would best to max out the EVs on next, for Moltres? I was thinking either Speed or HP.
    You're right. Ignore that other guy. You have right for Gastly. Just as an example, if you fought a Haunter, Haunter is worth 2 sp. att. EVs so:

2 (4 + 2)
    2 (6)
    12 EVs

You have the right idea, I hope I cleared it up for you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Thanks, everyone.

Any suggestions as to what would be best to do with the remaining 252/6 on Moltres?

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I would say attack. SA and A are it's two highest average base stats. But it all depends what you want. You could go for speed, so you could get the first attack in. Or defense or Special defense, so you can last through more beatings.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks, everyone.

Any suggestions as to what would be best to do with the remaining 252/6 on Moltres?

Don't listen to lucifera x.x

It really depends what you want to do with it...

This choice can be made by knowing the nature :3

So...What's it's nature?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Don't listen to lucifera x.x

It really depends what you want to do with it...

This choice can be made by knowing the nature :3

So...What's it's nature?

The name slips my mind. Give me a moment and I'll check.

It's Mild.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Mild?

Modest is prefered but...I guess Mild could work...

Give:

252SpAtk/216spe/42Hp

Then think whether to give it Choice Specs with this set:

-Overheat/Fire blast/Flamethrower
    -Hidden Power (What is it?, if it sucks don't)
    -Air Slash
    -U-turn/Ancient Power/Flamethrower

Or Choice Scarf and use it as a lead:

-U-Turn
    -Will-o-Wisp/Ancient Power
    -Overheat
    -Air Slash

Sorry...The choices are pretty limited.

Years
    I have a bit of a question about my troubles with getting a good Shaymin to use in Platinum as Sky Form...

[Long story ahead. Skip to the last paragraph if it's tl:dr]

Yesterday a friend and I went to Toys 'r Us to get our Shaymins and everything went well. I decided to test getting them while in the car, even though we were going to soft reset when we got home. I was amazed to see that I got Timid on my first try. While I was laughing at the awesomeness, I turned on her game, and she got Modest on the first try! Elated, I checked the IVs the second we got home and saw that I got 13/17 SpAtk/Speed. Bleh... my friend's Modest Shaymin landed 29/29. First try. Damn. @_@

So I spent a few hours resetting last night, landing all sorts of annoying stats like great IV spreads on retarded natures, and vice versa. And then the game just started to plain taunt me with things like Modest 31 SpAtk with a 3 in Speed. >>; I got at least 3 Jolly ones with around 29/29 in Atk/Speed, and started to think that the game was telling me to run an SD sweeper. =P

But I really wanted a Timid one, just because no matter what, mine would be inferior if I went with Modest.

...But now I've got a Hasty Shaymin that I might stick with... Simply for the fact that it is 29/31/31 Atk/SpAtk/Speed. *_* Yeah. So basically, I'm 95% leaning towards keeping it, just wondering if those godly stats will offset his failtastic Defense, in Pokemon that doesn't care too much about Def to begin with, but will now die to everything.

~Chibi~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I have a bit of a question about my troubles with getting a good Shaymin to use in Platinum as Sky Form...

[Long story ahead. Skip to the last paragraph if it's tl:dr]

Yesterday a friend and I went to Toys 'r Us to get our Shaymins and everything went well. I decided to test getting them while in the car, even though we were going to soft reset when we got home. I was amazed to see that I got Timid on my first try. While I was laughing at the awesomeness, I turned on her game, and she got Modest on the first try! Elated, I checked the IVs the second we got home and saw that I got 13/17 SpAtk/Speed. Bleh... my friend's Modest Shaymin landed 29/29. First try. Damn. @_@

So I spent a few hours resetting last night, landing all sorts of annoying stats like great IV spreads on retarded natures, and vice versa. And then the game just started to plain taunt me with things like Modest 31 SpAtk with a 3 in Speed. >>; I got at least 3 Jolly ones with around 29/29 in Atk/Speed, and started to think that the game was telling me to run an SD sweeper. =P

But I really wanted a Timid one, just because no matter what, mine would be inferior if I went with Modest.

...But now I've got a Hasty Shaymin that I might stick with... Simply for the fact that it is 29/31/31 Atk/SpAtk/Speed. *_* Yeah. So basically, I'm 95% leaning towards keeping it, just wondering if those godly stats will offset his failtastic Defense, in Pokemon that doesn't care too much about Def to begin with, but will now die to everything.

~Chibi~

Id say with those ivs and a decent nature, thats good enough to keep. It really isnt gonna be taking hits anyways, thus the def ivs wont matter much, if at all, so yeah id keep it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back