• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • You need sandstorm support to run shuckle at all, but I thought you hated that so I assume it's a joke?

Make sure Grumpig/Snorlax has thick fat to make up for what Fire types will do to you.

Something with Flash Fire like houndoom would also be cool.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Is this a good set for Hippowdon? It's probly not original because I've seen alot of sets here but I don't know if it works or not.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Not sure what I want for EVs yet
    Lonely Nature

EQ
    SR
    Slack Off
    -filler move-( I was thinking Toxic or Stone edge)

Would curse wrok on this as the filler move? I need to know so I can rebreed

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Is this a good set for Hippowdon? It's probly not original because I've seen alot of sets here but I don't know if it works or not.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Not sure what I want for EVs yet
    Lonely Nature

EQ
    SR
    Slack Off
    -filler move-( I was thinking Toxic or Stone edge)

Would curse wrok on this as the filler move? I need to know so I can rebreed

Lonely is terrible. Impish please.

the filler move should be Ice Fang since it's a good Garchomp counter.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • You need sandstorm support to run shuckle at all, but I thought you hated that so I assume it's a joke?

Make sure Grumpig/Snorlax has thick fat to make up for what Fire types will do to you.

Something with Flash Fire like houndoom would also be cool.

%#$%^*&&#&@@*$^@!&#^%*@^&!&%^# SHUCKLE!!!!!

Grumpig has either Own Tempo or Thick fat. Which seems better to you :P

I had Ninetails or Arcanine for Flash Fire, I forgot Doom, another option. I have both Roserade & Plume for SP.Sweeping, so probably use Arcanine, since he's physical. I still need an all out Physical Sweeper, and a wall. Since this is a new page, I'll repost my ideas.

SNOW DAY!!! ALL CLASSES CANCELED!

I just plain can't obtain it :(

For the team, I'm planning

Vileplume
    Roserade
    Ninetails/Arcanine
    Grumpig/Snorlax
    Forretress/Physical wall of some sort
    Physical Sweeper of some sort
    Shukle (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......HAHAHAHAHHA)

I gotta run to a test in Math.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Seriously with a flash fire boost and houndoom, add a little choice Specs and even Blissey will get trampled. Hooray!

Also Own Tempo >>>>>>>>> Thick Fat :/

sims796

Years
  • Seriously with a flash fire boost and houndoom, add a little choice Specs and even Blissey will get trampled. Hooray!

Also Own Tempo >>>>>>>>> Thick Fat :/

YOU LIE! YOU LIE!

I'll consider it, but then I'll have three Sp.Atkers, seems a bit overkill.

I do need a physical attacker, who would that be? And one more Sunny Day user resistant to Fire. Duh, probaby one who can take the hit. Possibly Grumpig.

I'm thinking Forry for the wall. It's built to attract Fire moves in the sun. Or Tangrowth.

sims796

Years
  • Yeah but the increase of levels in the daycare messes it up.

? Not really. In fact, it hardly does at all. The only time it does is if you leave 'em in to level 99 or 100. Other than that, it's no different than using Rare Candies. Level increase doesn't interfere with EV gain. A pokemon EV training from lvl 20 and battles to get 200 HP EV's (getting to lvl 35 in the process) would get the exact amount from a pokemon at lvl 30, gets 100 HP EVs, goes to the daycare, gets to level 35, then gets 100 more HP EVs.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    ? Not really. In fact, it hardly does at all. The only time it does is if you leave 'em in to level 99 or 100. Other than that, it's no different than using Rare Candies. Level increase doesn't interfere with EV gain. A pokemon EV training from lvl 20 and battles to get 200 HP EV's (getting to lvl 35 in the process) would get the exact amount from a pokemon at lvl 30, gets 100 HP EVs, goes to the daycare, gets to level 35, then gets 100 more HP EVs.

Thats what I thought too, he was up to 8 in daycare and has an exact IV already

With Hippopotas his IVs range here

Hippopotas - #449 (Impish)
    HP: 14 - 19
    Att: 16 - 18
    Def: 14 - 15
    SpA: 14 - 23
    SpD: 30
    Speed: 22 - 23

I'm getting pretty sick of running around inside the daycare so are IVs within that range usable?

Ok off of Hippopotas for a sec. I'm thinking of fixxing my Shiny Staraptor to something semi-usable in competative, now I have no idea what the IVs or EVs are and its a bit too late to check but I'll post the stats for an aproxamit idea of what I'm working with

Staraptor lvl 86
    Lonely

HP. 291
    Atk. 300
    Def. 134
    SpA. 115
    SpD. 117
    Sp. 233

I want a wierd moveset to throw my opponents off so:

Endure
    Endeaver
    Quick Attack/Close Combat
    Roost

>_>

I know it's pretty dumb but does this stand a chance of working, even as a cheap KO just to be taken out herself?

I can probly get ahold of the EV reducing berries or is it just not worth it as this point?

After that set I'll probly just use

Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    Roost
    Filler

Last edited:
    Years
  • Arceus Question

I'm not sure if this goes here, but I'll ask anyway. My question is about Arceus. I know it's illegal, but let's hypothetically say it wasn't. A Timid Arceus with 252 EVs on Speed will have a final Speed of 372. If you had a Modest Arceus instead, knowing there was no way to outspeed a Timid one, would you necessarily need the full 252 EVs on Speed, or could you donate more than 4 EVs to HP? For those who don't know, 252 EVs on Speed for a Modest Arceus would result in a Speed of 339. All stats assume an IV of 31.

Below is what Smogon says about the Arceus moveset I had in mind, which is basically a Calm Mind special sweeper.

Spoiler:

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • You still want the modest one to be fast to outspeed other pokemon besides timid arrceus in order to sweep :/

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • final arangements before i start battling battle tower =)
    my three pokemon are...

espeon
    dragonite

haven't decided on third one
    thinking about - lucario/umbreon/t-tar/gallade/flareon
    so which one?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Duh. I need something exact.

Im not completely sure what your question is, but Ill try to give you a specific answer :)
    Unfortunately the most common arceus form out there is the extremekiller. This beast destroys half the uber metagame. Whether you're running timid or not, this is likely to run you through:
    Arceus@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252Att/252HP/4Spd
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Night Slash
    Reover

Like i says, this thing destorys most of the uber metagame. STABed extremespeed that has priority isn't gonna give the more fragile sweepers (Eg deoxys A) a chance to breath. If it gets a swords dance in front of it then not much is gonna stop it.

In conclusion, I wouldnt worry about giving your arceus Max speed. Even with the exception other arcei (This set or merely a good nature) there are faster things out there, like scarfquaza and max speed deoxys-A. Arceus is undobtedly a great pokemon, but it fills better roles than special-sweeping. As an example, Steel form arceus with a tanking EV set can stall extremekiller so long as it doesnt have a swords dance behind it. Mewtwo is in my opinion the king of uber special sweepers, (It would be deoxys A but he's better suited to a mixed set)

Hope i helped, if this is too waffly PM me and ill answer any other questions you have :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back