• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • 10 vitamins = 10 EVs, so yes, you only need 155 more EVs to max that stat (realizing, of course, that only 152 are necessary). And yes, you can use vitamins to up all stats to 100, so long as you keep to the 510 overall limit.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Now I'm pretty sure that Vitamins will only take you up to 100 EV's. So if you've trained 30 EV's into your Tyrogue (example), only the first 7 vitamins would have effect. 10 wouldn't bring you to 130.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    Simple, get a Trick Roomer. It makes all fast pokemon go last and slow pokemon go first. It has a 5 turn effect so keep track of it.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Now I'm pretty sure that Vitamins will only take you up to 100 EV's. So if you've trained 30 EV's into your Tyrogue (example), only the first 7 vitamins would have effect. 10 wouldn't bring you to 130.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

That would be correct, Vitamins stop taking effect once the poke has recieved 100 EVs in that stat.

Years
  • I know this may be a newbie question but i am new to EV training and such. I have heard members talking about OU, UU and other abbreviations but i am unsure of what this means. Can someone help?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know this may be a newbie question but i am new to EV training and such. I have heard members talking about OU, UU and other abbreviations but i am unsure of what this means. Can someone help?

They are tier abbreviations .

Uber : - Pokémon too powerful for OU. Anything goes here as far as Pokémon allowed.

OU (Over Used) : - This is the where the most play occurs. Pokémon who are used frequently in battle and often in battle are stronger than most other Pokémon

BL (Border Line) : - These Pokémon are not seen as often as those in the OU tier, but are considered too powerful for UU play. These Pokémon ARE NOT considered any weaker than Pokémon in the OU tier. This tier is sometimes seen as a "faux" one. It is also ideal to keep track of threats here aswell as OU, if your building an OU team.

UU ( Underused) : -. Pokémon not used often, that are relatively weak.

And bear in mind pokemon from lower tiers CAN be used in higher tiers than themselves. But cannot battle in lower tiers.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

here you can see which pokemon fit into which tier.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I hope I'm just over thinking this and thus confusing myself...

Say you use Avalanche, and get STAB... And you get hit first. What does that make it's attack power? If being hit first doubles it to 120... And stab then adds 50%... Does that mean the attack is an extra 50% on the 60 base power, or the 120 after the effect of being hit first?

Basically, I don't know if the battle effect cancels the stab out, or vise versa, or what is counted first.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • STAB modifies the damage done to the opponent, not the base power. The base power will always be either 60 or 120- STAB just multiplies the damage by 1.5x. The only reason people factor STAB into the base power of a move (such as saying that Garchomp has a 180 BP Outrage) is because the end result of the calculation is the same. That's how multiplication works.

Second, your math is terrible. It doesn't matter what is counter first, because multiplication can be done in any order (I forget the exact name of this rule, however). 2 x 4 x 6 = 48, just as 6 x 4 x 2 = 48. For the damage calculation:

60 BP x 2 (for being hit first) x 1.5 (STAB) = 180

60 BP x 1.5 (STAB) x 2 (for being hit first) = 180

lrn2 algebra

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Beats me. Hasn't Togekiss always been #468?

Anyway, it's probably because people have been using her less. That's kinda how the ranking system works. :|

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • All of them seem to have suffered losses in usage... Garchomp fell from 50k to 32k or so o_o

EDIT: ACTUAL QUESTION: If I breed my Bronzor with a Sassy Ditto... what's the chances that the baby will be sassy? I remember when I tried breeding for a Beldum egg, I bred a Beldum with an adamant ditto, and only like one of the babies was adamant.

Last edited:

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Put an everstone on the mother (so, assuming the Brongay is the father... that would be the genderless ditto) and you have a 50% chance of getting "her" nature.

I do believe.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Yes that it correct.
    The everstone gives the offspring a 50% chance of inheriting the mothers nature..
    It only works on the mother, don't try on the father..

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • On a second thought, what about Ice Shard on Weavile? It OHKO Sceptile and Dugtrio, and Alakazam I guess. So: Night Slash, Ice Punch, Pursuit, and what?

Years
  • On a second thought, what about Ice Shard on Weavile? It OHKO Sceptile and Dugtrio, and Alakazam I guess. So: Night Slash, Ice Punch, Pursuit, and what?
    Brick Break, stops Tyranitar, even Jolly ones, from going "OLOL" at the rest of your set and does deal with annoying Steel types like Lucario. Ice Shard on Weavile is also nice, deals with all Dragons, even if they have had 1 or 2 Dragon Dances backing them up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back