• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • EV Training is the best way to increase your Pokemon's stats. But evolving them will help greatly as their base stats will increase. But Calcium and stuff do help, it just is more noticeable at higher lvls.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ok, let me fix up this silly little notion about EV training. EV training DOES NOT add extra stat points to Pokemon. What it does is, it allows you to control where those stat points go. Therefor, it will not make a sucky pokemon great. I say this because soo many noobs seem to think that just because theyEV train, they'll have super fast, super strong, pokemon that borders on hacked.

People say that it adds, at max, 63 stat points to a pokemon's stats. That is not true. All it means is that you are able to control where those 63 points go.

But to get a detailed guide, look on the stickied thread, the ones on top, that says Compiled 4th Generation guide.

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Uhh, is there anyway to teach a Dragonite fire punch in D/P? Or the only way for a Dragonite to learn fire punch is the move tutor in FR/GL? (Sorry is this is the wrong thread to be asking this question >_>)

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    No, the stats are the same no matter what, assuming you trained the EVs of course.

One thing that may be helpful is to check the IVs of your pokemon, find the stat that the pokemon will reach when it is of a certain level and use it as a benchmark. Say, you have 252 EVs in Attack on a level 29 Dratini, which has 20 Attack IVs. It should reach 66 Attack, but if it is lower than that you may have less than 252 EVs. If it is higher however, you calculated the IVs wrongly or your game is screwy =/

My Dratini is lv 27 w/ 57 attack right now, judging by the the way his attack has been growing he'll have 61 - 62 attack at lv 29, I never gave him any proteins, would that give him a boost or am I screwed in the end?

Dragonite doesn't even learn Fire Punch from a move tutor in FRLG. He learns it from the move relearner in DP.

Oh, thanks, I thought serebii said he only gets it from the Move Tutor in FR/LG

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • How much does a standard CB Azumarill's Aqua Jet due to a standard Mixape? I would test it, but no one on smogon or official tests, and ABYAY's server isn't working.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Assuming you are using an ATK+ nature on Azumarril. I don't know what's standard for her, & don't particulary care.

Defender HP: 293
    Move Damage: 320 - 376
    Damage: 109.22% - 128.33%

To a Infernape running zero HP/DEF. Which is the standard for that, I believe. Ifyougetacrit, thedamage equals >9000.

I'll repost my question to garter replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is the best Swampert? Mixpert, CB Pert, or pure Physical, with max HP & DEF?

I'm thinking Mixpert may be best. Of course, Cursepert is out of the question, unfortunately.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Assuming you are using an ATK+ nature on Azumarril. I don't know what's standard for her, & don't particulary care.

Defender HP: 293
    Move Damage: 320 - 376
    Damage: 109.22% - 128.33%

To a Infernape running zero HP/DEF. Which is the standard for that, I believe. Ifyougetacrit, thedamage equals >9000.

I'll repost my question to garter replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is the best Swampert? Mixpert, CB Pert, or pure Physical, with max HP & DEF?

I'm thinking Mixpert may be best. Of course, Cursepert is out of the question, unfortunately.

For defensive purposes Mixpert wins as it out damages physical pert.

However CB Pert is great for offensive purposes, and yes, its attacks hurt.....alot >_<.

So it depends on what you want it for =p.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'm having trouble deciding on a Rest-Talker for my team. Both Suicune and Zapdos make great choices, but I want to know which does better.

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Noobish question: What legendaries count as 'Ubers?' I have a team that I use against a few of my friends that appearently has a Uber (Groudon) can anyone tell me the ones I can use?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Mewtwo
    Mew
    Wobbuffet
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Deoxys (All forms besides the Speed one)
    Latias
    Latios
    Darkrai
    Rayquaza
    Giratina
    Arceus
    Manaphy
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • Straight answer, yes.

But there are way too many moves to choose from, and a lot of strategies you could use with him. Smogon has a couple of choices you could go with. Or if you have a specific role for Uxie to play in mind, mention it here and maybe we could help you more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back