• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years

Oh, that's cool. You moved my post here, and it's nowhere to be found....

Well, until I do find it...I really would like to engage in Competitive Battling, but I am not very good when it comes to making teams. So, in other words, I could use some help.

BTW, what does STAB mean, and all those other weird terms?

Well, in case none of you BOTHERED to read my post, the meaning of STAB wasn't the only thing I asked for. I asked for help making a Wi-Fi team, but so far, no one seems to have noticed. Can someone PLEASE help me make a team...today?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, in case none of you BOTHERED to read my post, the meaning of STAB wasn't the only thing I asked for. I asked for help making a Wi-Fi team, but so far, no one seems to have noticed. Can someone PLEASE help me make a team...today?

Maybe posting about team help in the right sticky would you know, help ?
    Simple Q&A Thread

In addition you didnt give people ANYTHING to work with, if you want help at the very least give some pokes you want to build a team around.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread rules said:
    Requesting an entire team is no longer permitted, as it is impossible for team makers to take into account playing styles and personal preferences, which usually makes for an unsuccessful team. However, you can ask for guidance on team building (e.g unsure of which pokes to add or a half completed team etc.), just do not expect all the work done for you, at least give us something to work with.

Yeah..

Tsuki~

Years
    Well, it is kinda hard for me to do that when I don't have anything to build upon. I am not requesting a team, just asking for help, as in someone to teach me about Wi-Fi battling.

Tsuki~

Years
    Thank you very much. I'm feeling good about this one:
    Dugtrio @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Sucker Punch / Night Slash
    - Aerial Ace / Pursuit

This one:
    Togekiss @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

And this one:
    Lucario @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Crunch
    - Extremespeed / Bullet Punch

Now, hopefully I can do something. BTW if someone could teach me about EV's and IV's, that would be very nice. I'm sorry, by the way, for being annoying and/or confusing to anyone.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Well, IV's determines the type and power of Hidden Power depending on whether or not they're even/odd or in certain pairs (30/31, 26/27 yield max power HP's, 0/1, 28/29 lower power).
    For example, say I want a Pikachu with Hidden Power Ice. Let's put the IV's in this pattern: HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe.
    And Pikachu's IV's are 31/31/31/31/31/31. Those yield HP Dark, however. Several spreads for HP Ice are:
    31/30/30/31/31/31
    31/31/31/31/31/30
    30/31/30/31/31/31

Or, if I wanted Hidden Power Electric on my Vaporeon, a good IV spread would be:
    31/31/31/30/31/31

I want Hidden Power Ground on my Yanmega so he can nail Heatran and Magnezone with one move. so...
    31/31/31/30/30/31

Legendaries can't have perfect IV's for many natures. Let's take Raikou, for example. I have a Timid Raikou, and I want Hidden Power Grass. Here's the spread he has:
    31/22/31/30/31/31
    He has 22 Atk IV's , and 30 SpA IV's, which yields 70 BP Hidden Power Grass.
    Usually, you want your SpA, SpD, and Spe IV's to be at least 30, depending on which Hidden Power you want. Those have the greatest impact on the strength of your Hidden Power.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    hi um, not sure if this belongs here, sorry in advance if it doesn't.

Can anybody help me with a chain to put Aromatherapy and Confusion on Hoppip? I tried every possible combination and I can't find a possible chain.

Years
    That's because there is none. Hoppip, its evolution line, and Smeargle are the only ones able to have that combination and since Smeargle can't breed with them and Hoppip's line can only get 1 of those from breeding, it's impossible to have that combination.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    hi um, not sure if this belongs here, sorry in advance if it doesn't.

Can anybody help me with a chain to put Aromatherapy and Confusion on Hoppip? I tried every possible combination and I can't find a possible chain.

There's no way unfortunately. I would go with Aromatherapy if you have to pick one because Confusion is... less than stellar coming off Hoppip/Jumpluff's pathetic Special Attack and Confusion's low base power.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    ohh that sucks :( it's only for in-game playing, so I'll be ok lol thanks guys! you're already nicer than most pokemon players out there, good lookin out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back