• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Say in Ruby, you dont take the POKéNAV. Do you then cant defeat trainers for a second time?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Mr_Smilie:) said:
    i think u have to accept it but who wouldn't ??

I make an hack where you dont have to take the POKéNAV. So you cant defeat trainers over?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Uuuh!!

Yes i did, so this starts:

You can only defeat trainers over if you have defeaten the fifth gym, isnt it?

So i dont take the POKéNAV, how do i now know how whants to defeat me again? I have spoke everyon...

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    LOL thats the problem i think u cant vs em without a pokenav cause u have to register but i think u can still talk them into a batttle but will take long to find some1

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    I know in the in game battles of the pokemon games the trainers dont have any strategy and you can get away with straight foward attacking moves. But in the battle frontier is it any different? For battling the battle frontier is it better to just use straight foward attacks or more like net battle stratgey?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The AI in the Battle Frontier does have better strategy, but it still is pretty basic. Don't go 100% attacks though. Not because you need to, but it gets you in the habit if you were to ever play NB or someone else. Healing moves and status moves are musts in that environment.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2006
    against pokemon that give out defese EV's. I dont know any GOOD ones in particular but sum crappier ones are like clamperal, aron (evolutions, mayb skarmory is a good one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Hey guys,

On ruby version I need some help. I`ve gotten past the lightning Gym Leader and he gave me the badge. He says now that any of my Pokemon can smash rocks if i have the badge. Now i need to move on through the game but, i cant go east because i dont have surf, i cant go west because of the blocked tunnel, and south is home. So i can only go north. There are 2 rocks in the way so i try to smash em. I press a infront of them but it doesn`t say "Would you like to smash the rock?"

So now i can`t go any further in the game because i can`t smash rocks somehow. Its either

1. My game is broken
    2. I forgot to do something that i needed to do
    3. im not doing in right
    4. i may need a rock pokemon?

i hope you can help!

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    okay ill just go defeat electric guy again just to make sure(u could have turned the game off without saving) get rock smask off the guy again and make sure ur one of ur pokemon know it if that dosn't work restart it and if it still dosn't work buy a new game ^^

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    You get 'HM6 Rock Smash' from the guy in the southeast house in Mauville. Once you have it, give it to a pokemon that can learn it and the (as long as you have the pokemon with you) you can smash rocks.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm not completly sure where to post this, so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

1. Do R/S/E and FR/LG work on the Nintendo DS?
    2. If they do, can you trade with people who are using a GBA?

I'm only asking because I don't want to buy a GBA if I'm going to have to buy a DS next year.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    1. Do R/S/E and FR/LG work on the Nintendo DS?
    Yes, the DS supports GBA games
    2. If they do, can you trade with people who are using a GBA?
    No, Nintendo DS is not compatible with the GBA link cable.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OK, thank you! I guess I'll have to buy a GBA then...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Mr_Smilie:) said:
    okay ill just go defeat electric guy again just to make sure(u could have turned the game off without saving) get rock smask off the guy again and make sure ur one of ur pokemon know it if that dosn't work restart it and if it still dosn't work buy a new game ^^

i redid the game and it still doesn`t work. maybe it requires me to teach it to a pokemon, but how?

i think i may hav to buy a new game...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back