• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I have a question about Latios/Latias.

Can u soft reset for shiny Latios/Latias WITHOUT going to the Southern Island? What I mean is, can I save in front of the TV, and soft reset for it until I get it shiny? I know it may seem impossible, since it is very hard to see them for the first time(but I have found a way to find them somewhat easily), but can do that so I see a shiny Latios/Latias? If u need further explanation, I can post it here, or you can PM me.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:

Can u soft reset for shiny Latios/Latias WITHOUT going to the Southern Island? What I mean is, can I save in front of the TV, and soft reset for it until I get it shiny? I know it may seem impossible, since it is very hard to see them for the first time(but I have found a way to find them somewhat easily), but can do that so I see a shiny Latios/Latias? If u need further explanation, I can post it here, or you can PM me.

I'm not sure if it changes routes after you save and quit, so it may or may not work.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    To obtain PokeRus, do I have to hit that wild pokemon with a contact move? Like if I use Ice Beam on a pokemon with PokeRus, will i get it or not?

Oh, and if anyone could please answer my other question, that would be greatly appreciated.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    if you're going to the island, anyway just save when u'r standing infront of it before u battle, but the odds of getting it shiny like 8K +
    so be prepared to be at it for a very very long time.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    VanirElf said:
    if you're going to the island, anyway just save when u'r standing infront of it before u battle, but the odds of getting it shiny like 8K +
    so be prepared to be at it for a very very long time.

Ugghh... did u not read my post? I said without going to Southern Island, I already know the chance is 1/8192. Anyway, can u get an Eon Ticket from Ebay or from the Pokemon Center?

Years
    Zone said:
    I'm not sure if it changes routes after you save and quit, so it may or may not work.
    Yeah It will definitely change routes but if u hav already seen it, u can go to Mauville City n keep on flying to da same place until Latias/Latios is next to u or under u or on top of u. The go to a direction where there is no Latias/Latios (eg. if theyre on ur left go down). It will definitely change its position once u go to it so go to another direction or go to the opposite direction of where it stopped. Every time u fly or go into another route or u switch off ur gameboy Latias/Latios will change routes so its better to catch it on ur second try. But check ur pokedex b4 saving the file after u meet it coz I heard sum ppl lost Latias/Latios after it got away 4 the 1st time. N I dont think u can get an Eon ticket from Ebay or Pokemon Center.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    To obtain PokeRus, do I have to hit that wild pokemon with a contact move? Like if I use Ice Beam on a pokemon with PokeRus, will i get it or not?

People say that you have to catch a Pokemon that has Pokerus in order to get it. I caught a Feebas that has a Pokerus on it so I had it. But you can't tell whether the wild Pokemon Has Pokerus or not. It's just Luck

Anyway, can u get an Eon Ticket from Ebay or from the Pokemon Center?

I don't understand the 'EBay' thing. Anyway, you can get Eon Ticket by Nintendo Event, Mixing Records with a Player that already has a Eon ticket with it, or by cheating.

Yes, you can, but it matters by luck, it can take years before that happens.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    greatchikorita said:
    People say that you have to catch a Pokemon that has Pokerus in order to get it. I caught a Feebas that has a Pokerus on it so I had it. But you can't tell whether the wild Pokemon Has Pokerus or not. It's just Luck

I don't understand the 'EBay' thing. Anyway, you can get Eon Ticket by Nintendo Event, Mixing Records with a Player that already has a Eon ticket with it, or by cheating.

Yes, you can, but it matters by luck, it can take years before that happens.

Thanks for the help, but I know for a fact that you don't have to catch the pokemon to get PokeRus. I caught PokeRus from my Ruby Version from a wild pokemon I attacked. I knew nothing about it though, so I wasn't able to keep it. My Groudon has the dot to prove that it had pokerus, but now I can't spread it, so I am desperately trying to get Pokerus again. Does anyone here have the Eon Ticket? I got mine through a Nintendo Power Magazine. I have heard that you can buy it at certain gaming stores. Even though I doubt that, is it true?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wow. A lot of misinformation going on here. Let me do my best to try to clear this up.

First, about Lati@s:

You don't have to save before you watch the TV to get a shiny. It will not work. The shiny percentage ONLY works when you encounter Lati@s. That means if you have encountered Lati@s and it isn't shiny, run away. Now you are able to track it. What you do next is go to Route 124 (northeast of Mossdeep) and find an island with a cottage on it (Shard Collector's house). Have a Lv39 Poke in the first spot of your party and then enter the cottage. What happens is when you come out of the cottage, Lati@s will have changed routes while you haven't. Check its location and see if it is on Route 124. If it isn't, go in and out of the cottage again until it is. Once it is, save the game. Next, use Max Repel, and go surfing along the east coast until you find it. If it isn't shiny, reset. Personally, I think shinies are WAAAAAAY over-rated and most are ugly colored anyway, but to each his own. After about a million resets, you should encounter a shiny. If you are doing this method, DEFINITELY use the Master Ball. Don't risk all that work for something to go wrong and you don't catch it.

Yes, you can buy the Eon Ticket on eBay. I did that and got Mew, Jirachi, Lugia, and Ho-Oh the same way. Getting those extremely rare Pokes without cheating is possible. It was definitely worth the $20.

Once a Poke makes contact with a wild Poke and gets the Pokerus, it will only be contageous (able to infect other Pokes in your party) for 24 hours, IIRC. You can put the infected Poke in your PC in order to preserve it though. Pokerus is incredible for those that know about EV training and I cannot wait to get it some day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    ive been hearing about secret bases... what are they

and is new mauville in the mountain where pokemon are buried (forgot the name)

Sorry if i ask to many questions, i guess I`m just a newb lol :)

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    1-secret bases are like er secret bases you can make one if a pokemon knows secret power and you use it on a tree mountain etc. and you can buy furniture for it and more thats most of my knowledge for it

2-new mauville is the place which is under the cycle road south of mauville it is a cave where you have to use surf to go to and you also need the keys to go there from watson in there you can catch voltorb and magnemite and get lots of items including a thunder stone

hope i cleared it up for you

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Wow. A lot of misinformation going on here. Let me do my best to try to clear this up.

First, about Lati@s:

You don't have to save before you watch the TV to get a shiny. It will not work. The shiny percentage ONLY works when you encounter Lati@s. That means if you have encountered Lati@s and it isn't shiny, run away. Now you are able to track it. What you do next is go to Route 124 (northeast of Mossdeep) and find an island with a cottage on it (Shard Collector's house). Have a Lv39 Poke in the first spot of your party and then enter the cottage. What happens is when you come out of the cottage, Lati@s will have changed routes while you haven't. Check its location and see if it is on Route 124. If it isn't, go in and out of the cottage again until it is. Once it is, save the game. Next, use Max Repel, and go surfing along the east coast until you find it. If it isn't shiny, reset. Personally, I think shinies are WAAAAAAY over-rated and most are ugly colored anyway, but to each his own. After about a million resets, you should encounter a shiny. If you are doing this method, DEFINITELY use the Master Ball. Don't risk all that work for something to go wrong and you don't catch it.

Yes, you can buy the Eon Ticket on eBay. I did that and got Mew, Jirachi, Lugia, and Ho-Oh the same way. Getting those extremely rare Pokes without cheating is possible. It was definitely worth the $20.

Once a Poke makes contact with a wild Poke and gets the Pokerus, it will only be contageous (able to infect other Pokes in your party) for 24 hours, IIRC. You can put the infected Poke in your PC in order to preserve it though. Pokerus is incredible for those that know about EV training and I cannot wait to get it some day.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!
    But, once I do encounter it shiny, if I don't have a Masterball and it runs away, couldn't I just save after I see it shiny? That way, it will stay shiny when it runs away, and I can catch it when I have time?
    Also, am I allowed to save anytime between this? What i am saying is, it will probably be a long time before I see Lati@s at all, so after I beat the Elite 4, can I save before I see Lati@s, or will saving before I see him/her mess everything up? And what happens if I see the Lati@s, it isn't shiny, I run away, go to that person's house, and save before I do anything else? Technically, they should keep the same nature, so I should save at all when I do this right?

Edit: Never mind... I just remembered that I can trade Lati@s from my other file, so I will be able to track it without seeing the one that is on my game... and I will be able to use the Repeat Ball when I see it, that is perfect. Once again, thanks for helping me, I am definitely gonna do what u told me!

Edit: Oh and about the PokeRus part, I already know that all u have to do is battle the pokemon with pokerus, how long it has it and etc. but what i wanted to know is if I actually had to use a contact move. Like, if I saw a poke with pokerus, and I use Ice Beam, I wouldn't get it, but if i used like Thunderpucnh or double kick then i will get it right?

Last edited:
    Years
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!
    But, once I do encounter it shiny, if I don't have a Masterball and it runs away, couldn't I just save after I see it shiny? That way, it will stay shiny when it runs away, and I can catch it when I have time?
    Also, am I allowed to save anytime between this? What i am saying is, it will probably be a long time before I see Lati@s at all, so after I beat the Elite 4, can I save before I see Lati@s, or will saving before I see him/her mess everything up? And what happens if I see the Lati@s, it isn't shiny, I run away, go to that person's house, and save before I do anything else? Technically, they should keep the same nature, so I should save at all when I do this right?

Edit: Never mind... I just remembered that I can trade Lati@s from my other file, so I will be able to track it without seeing the one that is on my game... and I will be able to use the Repeat Ball when I see it, that is perfect. Once again, thanks for helping me, I am definitely gonna do what u told me!

No saving wouldn't affect a thing its just after u switch it on again Lati@s will be at a different location. And I dont think u can track lati@s if u trade it from another gamefile. coz my friend got a groudon from my other friends gamefile b4 he caught groudon but his pokedex didn't mark the spot with groudon. Instead it sed area unknown.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    Simple.

Lilycove City -> Go upper right corner of the city -> Surf and Find the Hideout.

You can't get to Route 124 yet cause it's blocked by Wailmers.

You can't miss it. It's in the Upper right corner of the City itself. (on the Water)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    thanks for answering my questions guys :)

now once i get out of new mauville its time for me to take on victory road...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back